ROLE OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR): AN EFFORT TO SECTORAL ANALYSIS OF DAY OF THE WEEK EFFECT IN INDIAN STOCK MARKET.
- B Velmurugan, (PhD-CB-DEC2013-0933), Research Scholar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Asst Professor, Department of MBA, NPR College of Engineering and Technolgoy, Dindigul, Tamilnadu.
- RP Nivethigha, Full Time Research Scholar, Anna University Chennai.
- C Gnanaprakasam, Prinicpal/Director, Agni School of Business Excellence, Dindigul, Tamilnadu, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The learning explore whether the anomalous day of the week effect is found in Indian stock market. The data used for the study is the most important sectoral indices of the national stock exchange for the time 2006 to 2016. Descriptive statistics, correlation, regression in SPSS are useful to check whether the implication of the day of the week result is there in Indian stock market. The suggestion is that the day of the week outcome is there ? it is examined during that Wednesdays have acquiesced the maximum average return; regression and correlation inspect that return for all the days of the week is not identical. Therefore the instability subsists among stocks. Hence it confirms the random walk theory and admits the efficient market theory. These results suggest attractive prospects for the financier to set offer/inquire instructions in order to make the most of the profits. Intermittent examination requests to be implement so that financier can attain irregular profits.
- Aharony, J. and Swary, I. (1980), \"Quarterly Dividend and Earnings Announcements and Stockholders\' Returns: An Empirical Analysis\", Journal of Finance, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 1-12.
- Allen, F. and Michaely, R. (2004), \"Dividend Policy\", Working Paper, Warton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Asquith, P. and Mullins, D. (1983), \"The Impact of Initiating Dividend Payments on Shareholders\' Wealth\", Journal of Business, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 77-96
- Baker, M., Ruback, R. &Wurgler, J. (2004). Behavioral Corporate Finance: A Survey. NBER Working Paper, No. W10863.
- Barberis, N. and Thaler, R. (2004), \"A Survey of Behavioral Finance\", Working Paper, National Bureau of Economic Research, U.S.A.
- Berle, A. and Means, G. (1932), The Modern Corporation and Private Property, 1st ed., Transaction Publishers.
- Bhattacharya, S. (1979), \"Imperfect Information, Dividend Policy, and the \'Bird in the Hand\' Fallacy\", Bell Journal of Economics, Vol. 10, pp. 259-270
- Brav, A., Graham, J., Harvey, C., Campell, R., and Michaely, R. (2004), \"Managerial Response to the May 2003 Dividend Tax Cut\", Financial Management, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 611-624.
- Comment, R. and Jarrell, G. (1991), \"The Relative Signaling Power of Dutch-Auction and Fixed-Price Self-Tenders Offers and Open-Market Share Repurchases\", Journal of Finance, Vol. 46, pp. 1243-1271.
- DeBondt, W. and Thaler, R. (1985), \"Does the Stock Market Overreact?\", Journal of Finance, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 793-808.
- Easterbrook, F. (1984), \"Two Agency-Cost Explanations of Dividends\", The American Economic Review, Vol. 74, pp. 650-659.
- Fama, E., Jensen, M. Fisher, L. and Roll, R. (1969), \"The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information\", International Economic Review, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-21.
- Gordon, M. (1961), The Investment, Financing, and Valuation of a Corporation, Richard D. Irwin.
- Gordon, M. (1962), \"The Savings, Investment, and Valuation of a Corporation\", Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 44, pp. 37-51.
- Ikenberry, D., Lakonishok, J., and Vermaelen, T. (1995), \"Market Under reaction to Open Market Share Repurchases\", Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 39, pp. 181-208.
- Jensen, M. (1986), \"Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers\", American Economic Review, Vol. 76, No. 2, pp. 323-329.
- Lease, R., Lewellen, W., and Schlarbaum, G. (1976), \"Market Segmentation: Evidence on Individual Investor\", Financial Analysts Journal, Vol. 32, pp. 53-60.
- Miller, M. and Modigliani, F. (1961), \"Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares\", Journal of Business, Vol. 34, pp. 235-264.
- Miller, M. and Rock, K. (1985), \"Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information\", Journal of Finance, Vol. 40, pp. 1031-1051.
- Petit, R. (1972), \"Dividend Announcements, Security Performance, and Capital Market Efficiency\", Journal of Finance, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 993-1007.
- Rozeff, M. (1982), \"Growth, Beta and Agency Costs as Determinants of Dividend Payout Ratios\", The Journal of Financial Research, Vol. 5, pp. 249-259.
[B. Velmurugan, RP. Nivethigha and C. Gnanaprakasam. (2017); ROLE OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR): AN EFFORT TO SECTORAL ANALYSIS OF DAY OF THE WEEK EFFECT IN INDIAN STOCK MARKET. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (11). 11-18] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
RESEARCH SCHOLAR, BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, AGNI SCHOOL OF BUSINESS EXCELLENCE, DINDIGUL
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.