STUDY OF CAREER MATURITY IN RELATION TO WELL BEING OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS.
- Assit. Proff., j.d. College of education, sri muktsar sahib.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The youth of the country find it difficult to choose their career. The construct of career maturity consists of a readiness, attitude and competency to cope effectively with the career development tasks career maturity assumes a great importance in the life of students for their proper future placement. It is the pre requisite ability to make a wise choice towards particular occupation and represent development along a continuum. Difficulty in making a career choice is closely related to career maturity and is one of the primary challenges facing students. The understanding of vocational world is vital for students as it enables them to review their career decisions in the light of their potentialities. For proper guidance in the section of courses of studies as well as in occupation, career maturity and well being plays an important role.
- Adam, C., creasy. (20060. The effect of gender, year in school, plans to play professionally and idently on studentsathietes, adoption of goal orientation in academics. Faculty of graduate schools of the university. Texas at Austin in repositories. Lib. Texas. Edu/Bitstream/handle/2152/77813.pdf?
- Arbona,C. (1990). Career counseling research and Hispanics: a review of the literature. The counseling psychologist, 18. 300-323.
- Johnson, R.b. &onwuegbuzie, A.J.(2004). Mixed method research: a research paradigm whose time has come. Educational researcher, 33(7), 14-26.
- Lindley, L.D. (20050. Perceived barriers to career development in the context of social cognitive career theory. Journal of career assessment, 13 930, 271-287.
- Mangal,S.k. (2010). Advanced educational psychology. New delhi. PHI learning private limited.
- Singh & Gupta. (2001). A study of well being among senior secondary school teachers of Punjab in realtion to coping strategies and school organizational climate. Ph.D. thesis, H.P. University, Shimla.
- Smithy, H.C. (1955). Psychology of Industrial Behaviour, New York; McGraw hill Book co.
[Santosh kumari. (2019); STUDY OF CAREER MATURITY IN RELATION TO WELL BEING OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (3). 160-162] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
ASSIT. PROFF., J.D. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SRI MUKTSAR SAHIB
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8615 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8615
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.