APPLICATION OF CONDITIONING, CURVE SYNTHESIZING AND QUALITY CONTROL OF WELL LOG DATAS.
- Student, JCT CET, Department of Petroleum Engineering.
- Professor, JCT CET, Department of Petroleum Engineering.
- HOD, Department of Petroleum Engineering, JCT CET.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
During exploration and development stage Petrophysical evaluation of well log data has always been crucial step for identification and assessment of hydrocarbon bearing zones. In this paper, petrophysical evaluation of well log data from cluster of five wells in the selected study area is carried out in National Petroleum Reserve Alaska (NPRA). Petrophysical evaluation has provided the estimation of reservoir location, the fluid type and its amount. Log conditioning and quality control of log data?s play a significant role in the interpretation process. In this work we had done quality control of log data?s for the selected wells and conditioned those data?s which are poor in quality using MLR (Multi Linear Re-gression) method and the bad data points are identified by cross plotting the curve with respect to others, which is carried out in the petrophysical software, IPv4.2 and TECHLOG2015.
- Bateman RM (1985) Open-hole log analysis and formation evaluation Schlumberger Inc. In: Log interpretation principles. Schlumberger education services, Houston, USA
- Dresser A (1981) Well logging and interpretation techniques. Dresser Industries Inc., Addison
- Darwin V. Ellis and Julian M. Singer ;( 2007): Well Logging for Earth Scientists.
- Mithilesh Kumar, R. Dasgupta (2017) Petrophys-ical evaluation of well log data and rock physics modelling for characterization of Eocene reservoir in Chandmari oil field of Assam-Arakan basin, India, Springer Publication
- Poupon A, Leveaux J (1971) Evaluation of water saturations in shaley formations.
- HALIBURTON; (2001): Basic Petroleum Geology and Log Analysis.
- Lee M. Etnyre; (1989): Finding Oil and Gas from Well Logs.
- Website : Superpetrophysics.com
- Website (Data source): www.certmapper.cr.usgs.g ov/da
[Nishanth G, Aravindh N, Mahendran G and Venkateshbabu S. (2019); APPLICATION OF CONDITIONING, CURVE SYNTHESIZING AND QUALITY CONTROL OF WELL LOG DATAS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (5). 4-11] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
B.Tech Petroleum Engineering
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.