- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Introduction:Injection practices was common medical procedure done by nurses according doctor?s prescription. In nursing process, injection practice is part of nursing intervention, but injection practices was risky for the health care workers. Mandal J., (2013) reported needle stick injury was happened to the nurses, 18% due disposal of the needle, and 15% while draw the blood for laboratory study. According Strank, J., (2013) adherence to the work procedure influence by behavior factors, component the behavior ass follow: 1. attitude; 2. motivation; 3. perception; 4. memory of procedure; 5. individual characteristics; and 6. social background. Based on the theory of Lawrence Green cited behavior influence by 3 factors: 1. Predisposition factors; 2. Enabling factor; 3. Reinforcing factor. Aim of research: of the research were to finding out of the factors influence of adherence to safe injection practice among the nurses at healthcare center X Qatar. Method: Type of the research was observational analytic quantities of the analytic description, using cross sectional approach. 9 variable latent with 56 variable indicator. Size of sample were 114 nurses. Data analytic with using PLS-SEM. Result: T-statistic value on variable culture 2.94; environment 1.99; work procedure 3.81 and supervisory 3.10. T-statistic of Individual characteristic, work facility, attitude, and knowledge bellow 1.96. R2 variable adherence were showed 96.05% with Q2 87.07%. Conclusion: culture, environment, work procedure and supervisory influenced of the adherence safe injection practice among the nurses. (96.05%) variable independent influence of the adherence safe injection practice among the nurses, within 87.07% showed good predicted.
- Adefolalu, A. O., (2018). Cognitive-behavioral theories and adherence: Application and relevance in antiretroviral therapy. S Afr J HIV Med. 2018;19(1), a762. http://doi. org/10.4102/sajhivmed. v19i1.762. Page 1 of 7.
- Ali M., danAsrori M., (2014) Metodologi&AplikasiRisetPendidikan. Bandung: BumiAksara.
- Amalia R., Widagdo L., Syamsulhuda BM., (2016). Faktor-faktor yang berhubungandengantingkatkepatuhantenagakesehatanmelakukancucitangan (Studikasus di InstalasiRawatInapRajawali RSUP Dr. Kariadi Semarang), Semarang: FKM Undip, JURNAL KESEHATAN MASYARAKAT FKM Undip (e-Journal) Volume 4, Nomor 3, Juli 2016 (ISSN: 2356-3346) http://ejournals1.undip.ac.id/index.php/jkm
- Amira C.O., danAwobusuyi J.O., (2014). Needle-stick injury among health care workers in hemodialysis units in Nigeria: a multi-center study. Int J Occup Environ Med 2014;5:1-8.
- Ajzen, I., (2015). Consumer attitudes and behavior: the theory of planned behavior applied to food consumption decisions. Rivista di EconomiaAgraria, Anno LXX, n. 2, 2015, P: 121-138
- BasarDemir B., ?zkan T., Demir S., (2019) Pedestrian violations: Reasoned or social reactive? Comparing theory of planned behavior and prototype willingness model. Journal Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and BehaviourVol 60, January 2019, Pages 560-572. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369847818304583.
- Bhargava A., Mishra B., Thakur A., Dogra V., Loomba P., Gupta s., (2013). Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practices among healthcare workers in a tertiary care hospital on needle stick injury. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance. Vol. 26 No. 6, 2013. pp. 549-558. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 0952-6862. DOI 10.1108/IJHCQA-04-2012-0035
- Bijani M., KhaterehRostami K., Momennasab M.,Yektatalab S., (2017). Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Continuing Education Program for Prevention of Occupational Exposure to Needle Stick Injuries in Nursing Staff Based on Kirkpatrick\'s Model.Journal of the National Medical Association, Volume 110, Issue 5, October 2018, Pages 459-463. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnma.2017.11.002
- Brasaite, I., (2016). Health Care Professionals?Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding Patient Safety and Skills for Safe Patient Care. Academic dissertation. School of Health Sciences of the University of Tampere, for public discussion in the JarmoVisakorpi auditorium of the Arvo building, L??k?rinkatu 1, Tampere, on 17 June 2016.
- CDC (2013). Infection Control; What is the risk of infection after an occupational exposure? (online) di unduhdari: http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/infectioncontrol/faq/bloodborne_exposures.htm
- Dafaalla M.D., Suliman A., Kheir A.E.M., Abdalla M., Hashim A., Mohammed N., Mirghani M., Nimir M., Haroon M., ElHag H., Shadad E., Dafaalla M., Abdalrahman I., (2016). Knowledge, attitude and practice towards needle stick injury among health care workers in a tertiary Sudanese hospital. South American Journal of Clinical Research Volume 3, Issue 1, 2016.
- DepartemenPendidikan Nasional ( 2012) KamusBesar Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: BalaiPustaka.
- DiClemente R.J., Salazar L.F., Crosby R.A., (2013). Health Behavior Theory for public health, principles, foundations, and applications. Maryland: Publisher by Jones and Bartleet Learning.
- Dieker A.C.M., IJzelenberg W., Proper K.I., Burdorf A., Ket J.C.F., Van der Beek A.J., Hulsegge G., (2019). The contribution of work and lifestyle factors to socioeconomic inequalities in self-rated health ‒ a systematic review. Scand J Work Environ Health 2019;45(2):114-125. doi:10.5271/sjweh.3772.
- Doenges M.E., Moorhouse M.F., Murr A.C., (2014). Nursing Care Plans Guidelines for Individualizing Client Care Across the Life Span. Philadelphia: Copyright ? 2014 by F. A. Davis Company. US.
- FebrianawatiYusup (2018). UjiValiditasdanReliabilitas instrument PenelitianKuantitatif. JurnalTarbiyah: JurnalIlmiahKependidikan e-ISSN: 2548-8376 Vol. 7 No. 1. Januari ? Juni 2018
- Garson G. David. 2016. Partial Least Square-Structural Equation Model. Copyright @c 2016 by G. David Garson and Statistical Associates Publishing.
- Gholami A., Borji A., Lotfabadi P., Asghari A., (2013). Risk Factors of Needle stick and Sharps Injuries among Healthcare Workers. International Journal of Hospital Research 2013, 2(1):31-38 www.ijhr.iums.ac.ir.
- Gulilat K., Tiruneh G., (2014). Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practice of health care workers on infection prevention in health institution Bahir Dar city administration. Science Journal of Public Health. 2014; 2(5): 384-393. Published online August 10, 2014 (http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/sjph) doi: 10.11648/j.sjph.20140205.13. ISSN: 2328-7942 (Print); ISSN: 2328-7950 (Online)
- Gyawali S., Rathore D.S., Shankar P.R., Kumar K.V., (2013). Strategies and challenges for safe injection practice in developing countries. J PharmacolPharmacother. 2013 Jan-Mar; 4(1): 8?12.
- Gyawali S., Rathore D.S., Shankar P.R., Kumar K.V., Jha N., Sharma D., (2016). Knowledge and Practice on Injection Safety among Primary Health Care Workers in Kaski District, Western Nepal. Malays J Med Sci. 2016 Jan; 23(1): 44?55.
- Hair J.F., Hult G.T.M., Ringle C.M., Sarstedt M., (2017). A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (2nd ed.), Sage, Thousand Oakes, CA.
- Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Ringle, C. M., and Gudergan, S. P. (2018). Advanced Issues in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Holla R., Unnikrishnan B., Ram P., Thapar R., Mithra P., Kumar N., Kulkarni V., Darshan B.B., (2014). Occupational Exposure to Needle Stick Injuries among Health Care Personnel in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A Cross Sectional Study. J Community Med Health Educ 2014, S2:004.
- Haas, Emily Joy. (2019). The Role of Supervisory Support on Workers? Health and Safety Performance. Journal Health Communication. 2019/01/04 doi: 10.1080/10410236.2018.1563033. https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2018.156303
- HSE UK (2013). Behavior Based Safety Guide. Published by the Health and Safety Authority, Dublin: Published by The Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street.
- Iriviranty A., Ayuningtyas D., M. Misnaniarti, 2016. Evaluation of Patient Safety Culture and Organizational Culture as a Step in Patient Safety Improvement in a Hospital in Jakarta, Indonesia. Patient SafQualImprov. 2016; 4(3):394-399.
- Ismail AA, Mahfouz MS, Makeen A., (2014). Injection safety among primary health care workers in Jazan region, Saudi Arabia. Int J Occup Environ Med 2014;5:-163.
- Jackson, M., (2015). The History of Medicine: A Beginner\'s Guide. Social History of Medicine, Volume 28, Issue 2, 1 May 2015, P: 423?424, London: Oneworld Publication.
- Jahangiri M., Rostamabadi A., Hoboubi N., Tadayon N., Soleimani A.,(2016). Needle stick Injuries and their Related Safety Measures among Nurses in a University Hospital, Shiraz, Iran. Safety and Health at Work 7 (2016) 72-77.
- Joel M. Haight J.M., (2013). Handbook of Loss Prevention Engineering. Weinheim, Germany: Published Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Boschstr. 12, 69469
- Kaphle H.P., Poudel S., Subedi S., Gupta N., Jain V., Paudel P., (2014). Awareness and Practices on Injection Safety among Nurses Working in Hospitals of Pokhara, Nepal. Nepal: International Journal of Medical and Health Sciences,3 (4), 301-307.
- Kim I., Park M.J., Park M.Y., Yoo H., Choi J., (2013). Factors Affecting the Perception of Importance and Practice of Patient Safety Management among Hospital Employees in Korea. Marland USA: Published by Asian Nursing Research 7.
- Kim S.A., Oh H.S., Suh Y.O., Seo W.S., (2014). An Integrative Model of Workplace Selfprotective Behavior for Korean Nurses. Asian Nursing Research 8 (2014) P:91-98. Copy right Korean Society of Nursing Science.
- Lin C.F., Huang C.I., Yang C.M., Lu M.S., (2019). The Relationship Between Work Environment Satisfaction and Retention Intention Among Nursing Administrators in Taiwan. Journal of Nursing Research. Publish Ahead of Print():, FEB 2019. DOI: 10.1097/JNR.0000000000000312, PMID: 30807442. Issn Print: 1682-3141. Publication Date: 2019/02/01
- Lowry P.B., dan Gaskin J., (2014) Partial Least Squares (PLS) Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) for Building and Testing Behavioral Causal Theory: When to Choose It and How to Use It. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Vol. 57, No. 2, June 2014
- Manaf RA., Rahmawati H.T., Syukran I. M., Amirah A.I., (2015). Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice regarding work safety culture among staff in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia. International Journal of Public Health and Clinical Sciences e-ISSN : 2289-7577. Vol. 2:No. 5 September/October 2015
- Mondal, J. (2013) Needle Stick Injury: A major occupational hazards among the health care workers in Nepal. Nepal: International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health, 3(1), 22 ? 25.
- Motaarefi H., Mahmoudi H., Mohammadi E., Dehkordi A.H., (2016) Factors Associated with Needlestick Injuries in Health Care Occupations: A Systematic Review. J ClinDiagn Res. 2016 Aug; 10(8): IE01?IE04.
- Moller N., Hansson S.O., Holmberg J.E., Rollenhagen C., (2018). Handbook of Safety Principles. New Jersey, USA: Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 111 River Street, Hoboken.
- K. Avkiran, C.M. Ringle (2018). PLS-SEM Recent Advances in Banking and Finance. International Series in Operations Research and Management.? Swiss:Springer
- Nurses Association of New Brunswick (2014). Standards for Infection Prevention and Control Revised October 2014 (2/15), Canada: NURSES ASSOCIATION OF NEW BRUNSWICK.
- OSHA, (2015). OSHA Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines. http://www.osha.gov
- Papadakis M., dan McPhee, SJ., (2015). Current Medical diagnosis and treatment 2015, Illinois, USA: Copyright by McGraw-Hill Education.
- Passmore, J., (2016). Wiley Blackwell Handbooks in Organizational Psychology. This edition first. Sussex, UK: published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Registered Office. John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Perusahaan X Qatar, (2018). Safe injection practice survey Report. Doha Qatar: Comparative study Safety Injection Practice working Group.
- ,Swasto B., Prasetya A., (2014). Pengaruhlingkungankerjaterhadapkinerjakaryawan (StudipadaKaryawan Kantor PelayananPajakPratama Malang Utara). JurnalAdministrasiBisnis (JAB)| Vol. 8 No. 2 Maret 2014, administrasibisnis.studentjournal.ub.ac.id
- Robbins, S.P., dan Judge, T.A., (2016) Organizational Behavior. Copyright by Pearson Education, Inc., publishing as Prentice Hall .
- Royal College of Nursing (2017). Essential Practice for Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for nursing staff. Londond: Published by the Royal College of Nursing, 20 Cavendish Square, London.
- Sakti F.T., Fauzia S.N., (2018). PengaruhPengawasanPajak Hotel Terhadap Tingkat KepatuhanWajibPajak (StudiKasusPadaBadanPendapatan Daerah KabupatenGarut). JISPO: JurnalIlmuSosialdanIlmuPolitik Vol.8 No. 1 EdisiJanuari- Junitahun 2018
- VazquezE., (2019) Successful work cultures: recommendations for leaders in healthcare. Journal Leadership in Health Services, Vol. 32 Issue: 2, pp.296-308, https://doi.org/10.1108/LHS-08-2018-0038
- WHO dan ILO (2018). Occupational safety and health in public health emergencies: a manual for protecting health workers and responders. Geneva: Copyright ? International Labour Organization.
- WHO (2016). Best Practices in Patient Safety 2nd Global Ministerial Summit on Patient Safety. Geneva: Copyright ? International Labour Organization.
- Williams L.J., Gavin M.B., Hartman N.S., (2015) Structural equation model methods in strategy research: application and issues. In Research Methodology in Strategy and Management. Published online: 10 Mar 2015; 303-346.
[Sobur Setiaman, Kohar Sulistyadi and Syahfirin Abdullah. (2019); ANALYSIS OF FACTORS ADHERENCE TO SAFE INJECTION PRACTICE PROCEDRUES AMONG NURSES HEALTHCARE CENTER QATAR. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (8). 295-304] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Post Graduate School, Sahid University Jakarta, Indonesia
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9502 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9502
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.