EFFECT OF FOOT EXERCISE AND WARM WATER FOOT SOAK ON FOOT EDEMA AMONG ANTENATAL WOMEN - PILOT STUDY.
- M sc. Nursing Manikaka Topawala Institute of Nursing, CHARUSAT, Gujarat.
- Assistant Professor and HOD,Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing Manikaka Topawala institute of Nursing Charusat Gujarat.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Introduction and background:Pregnancy is one of the most important periods in women life which effects on hormonal, psychological, vascular, metabolic and immunologic changes. Foot edema occurs because of the gravid uterus recurrently applies pressures on the inferior vena cava during recumbence, which impairs venous. Lower extremities edema is a common complain during pregnancy and associated with daily activity limitations and discomforts 1. The researchers? aims to evaluate the effect of foot exercise and warm water foot soak on foot edema among antenatal women during pregnancy. Methodology: The research approach used was quantitative approach. Quasi experimental; a comparative two group Pre-test post-test design was used. The study was conducted in central Gujarat region. Ten antenatal women were conveniently selected five members in each group. The tool of data collection included a Bio-demographic Performa and Observational checklist of figure-of-eight technique to measure the foot edema in antenatal. Pre-treatment assessment was done for both experimental group. Experimental group was provided with the treatment of warm water foot soak for 20 minutes and to another group foot exercise for 20 minutes 2 times in a day for 3 consecutive days with assessment foot edema with help of figure of eight after each day intervention. Results: The data was analysed by using descriptive and inferential statistics. The study result showed that there is reduction in both the interventions are effective and P value for warm water foot soak is 0.0010 and for foot exercise is 0.0030. Conclusion: Hence, the study concluded that there exists a huge impact of warm water foot soak and foot exercise on relieving foot edema. There is significant reduction in foot edema among antenatal women after the warm water foot soak and foot exercise. Hence, foot exercise and warm water soak can be used as a home-based measure to relieve foot edema in antenatal mother.
- The Internet Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics ;Leg Oedema During Pregnancy Among Nigerian Igbo Women: Perceptions, Prevalence, Prognosis And Treatment-Seeking
- Behaviours, Volume 14,available on: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281040616_Leg_Oedema_During_Pregnancy_Among_Nigerian_Igbo_Women_Perceptions_Prevalence_Prognosis_And_Treatment-Seeking_Behaviours
- Nahed Fikry Hassan Khedr, N.F, Dr. Reda Hemida ; IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science (IOSR-JNHS) e-ISSN: 2320?1959.p- ISSN: 2320?1940 Volume 5, Issue 6 Ver. I
- (Nov. - Dec. 2016), PP 01-09 available on: file:///C:/Users/HP%20WORLD/Desktop/rol%20publish/A0506010109%20(1).pdf
- Dorothy Cassar, Cynthia Formosa Podiatry Department Malta Journal of Health Sciences,
- B?Kara Health Centre, Malta, available on: file:///C:/Users/HP%20WORLD/Desktop/rol%20publish/03Cassar_and_Formosa%20(1).pdf.
[Mamta Vasaiya and Anjali Tiwari. (2019); EFFECT OF FOOT EXERCISE AND WARM WATER FOOT SOAK ON FOOT EDEMA AMONG ANTENATAL WOMEN - PILOT STUDY. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (Aug). 121-124] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
M.sc.Nursing Manikaka Topawala institute of nursing CHARUSAT, Gujarat
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9483 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9483
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.