BRAND AND REPUTATION CONCEPTS IN HOTEL COMPANIES: A RISK - BASED APPROACH LITERATURE REVIEW
- Enseignant chercheur, Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion (ENCG) - Agadir, Universite Ibn zohr
- Doctorante au Laboratoire de Recherche et d Etudes en tourisme (LARET), Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion (ENCG) - Agadir, Universite Ibn zohr
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The quest for innovation is a major challenge for companies as it is commonly considered as a strategic lever for holding and consolidating competitive advantage. Thus, the main merit of marketing is to force the company to regularly question the adequacy of its products to changing more or less rapid of consumer expectations. Indeed, the brand value confers a decisive competitive advantage and represents a decisive factor in the company's strategy. Despite all the efforts to improve it, the image of the company can very quickly be compromised by recurrent criticisms or by a scandal, amplified by the media that it will not have been able to prevent. Therefore, managing such risks requires companies to pay the closest attention to them within their internal organization. In services and especially in tourism and hotels industry, branding and reputation are of indisputable importance. In fact, the image has an influence on tourists perception of the tourist business, their behavior, their choice and their satisfaction related to the tourist experience. From the moment everything can affect the image of the company; this communication aims to explain, through an analysis of the existing literature in the field of tourism companies, how the management of reputation risk through a process Risk management has become an essential dimension of global risk management under the banner of image protection
- Argyris C. & sCH?n D.,?P. 2002, ??Apprentissage organisationnel. Theorie, methode, pratique??, Bruxelles, De Boeck.
- Callies, Sophie,Laurent, Fran?ois, P. 2013, ? PME : gagnez en competitivite gr?ce ? votre Marketing ?, Dunod.
- Christian Delporte et Fabrice dAlmeida, P. Mars 2010, ? Histoire des medias en France ? Flammarion.
- Haude-Marie Thomas, P. 2015, ??Prejudice ? limage de marque et ? la reputation : un risque sous-estime?!??, largus de lassurance.com.
- Jean-Jacques Lambin, P. 2008, ??Marketing strategique et operationnel, Du marketing ? lorientation de marche??, Dunod.
- Jean-Pierre, B., P. 2010, ? Pourquoi la reputation ? ?, disponible sur : http : //www.management-reputation.fr/2010/06/01/pourquoi-la-reputation/, mars 2012.
- Lichtle, Marie-Christine and Ferrandi, Jean-Marc ? Marketing ? Dunod, 2014, P 10, 11.
- Patrice CAILLEBA, ? Lentreprise face au risque de reputation ? http://www.annales.org.
- Sheth J.N., Uslay C., ? Implications of the revised definition of marketing : from exchange to value creation ?, Journal of public policy and marketing, 26, 2, 302-307, 2007. Voir aussi, www.marketingpower.com, accede le 27 juillet 2009.
- SOH, C., MAH, Q.Y., GAN, F.J., CHEW, D. and REID, E., ??The use of Internet for business : the experience of early adopters in Singapore : Internet Research??, Emerald Publishing, 1997.
- VAN HOOF, COMBRINK - ??US lodging managers and the Internet?: Perception from the Industry, Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration??, Quarterly, 1998.
- Viot, Catherine, ? le capital marque : concept, mesure et valorisation ?, Editeur : e-th?que 2004.
- Webster F. E., ? Defining the new marketing concept ?, Marketing management, 2, 4, 1994 ; ? Executing the new marketing concept ?, ibid. 3, 1, 22-31.
[Allal Achaba and Safae Alami (2019); BRAND AND REPUTATION CONCEPTS IN HOTEL COMPANIES: A RISK - BASED APPROACH LITERATURE REVIEW Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (Nov). 56-64] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9974 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9974
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.