- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Grasping Buyer Behavior is what a Marketer has to do. No wonder, the study of buyer behavior has become very vital now. So there is need to identify the dimensions of the buyer and decode the consumer behavior. This study attempts to provide a view towards buyer behaviour. A sample of 82 female cosmetic users was selected. The results confirm with what has been largely theoretical ideas of linkages between the buyer characteristics and the importance that they place on different criteria during the decision-making process. The results are supported with the analysis that has been made with the data gathered during the study.
- Aaker, Jennifer L. (1997), ?Dimensions of Brand Personality,? Journal of Marketing Research, 34 (August), 347-356.
- Alpert, F. & Kamins, M. (1994) ?Pioneer Brand Advantage and Consumer Behavior: A Conceptual Framework and Propositional Inventory,? Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22 (3): 244-254.
- Amanda Coley, Brigitte Burgess, ?Gender differences in cognitive and affective impulse buying\", Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, Volume: 7 Issue: 3, 2003
- Anna Saraneva, Maria S??ksj?rvi, ?Young compulsive buyers and the emotional roller‐coaster in shopping\",Young Consumers?, Volume: 9 Issue: 2, 2008
- Bhat, S. & Reddy, S. (1998) ?Symbolic and Functional Positioning of Brands,? Journal of Consumer Marketing, 15 (1): 32-44.
- Baldinger, A. & Rubinson, J. (1996) ?Brand Loyalty: The Link Between Attitude and Behavior, ?Journal of Advertising Research, 36 (6): 22-35.
- Bernhard, M. (2001) ?Criteria for Optimal Web Design,? available at http://www.optimalweb.org
- Biel, Alexander (1993), ?Converting Image Into Equity,? in Brand Equity and Advertising,
- Bruner, R., Harden, L., Heyman, B., & Amato, M. (2000) NetResults.2, Best Practices for Web Indianapolis, IN. New Riders Publishing, p.283.
- Castro, Maria C. F. (1995), Iberia in Prehistory. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers Ltd.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Holbrook, M. (2001) ?The Chain Effects from Brand Trust and Brand Affect to Brand Performance: The Role of Brand Loyalty,? Journal of Marketing, 65 (2): 81-94.
- Clifford, Richard (1990), ?Phoenician Religion,? Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research, 279 (August), 55-66.
- Corstjens, M. & Lal, R. (2000) ?Building Store Loyalty through Store Brands,? Journal of Marketing Research, 37 (3): 281-292.
- Cowles, D. (1997) ?The Role of Trust in Customer Relationships: Asking the Right Questions,? Management Decision, 35 (3/4): 273-283.
- Deitel, H., Deitel, P., & Steinbuhler, K. (2001) e-Business and e-Commerce. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Eun Joo Park, Eun Young Kim, Judith Cardona Forney, ?A structural model of fashion‐oriented impulse buying behavior\", Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal?, Volume: 10 Issue: 4, 2006
- G?rard Cliquet, Jean‐Philippe Croizean, ?Towards plural forms, franchising/company‐owned systems, in the French cosmetics retail industry?, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Volume: 30 Issue: 5, 2002
- George P. Moschis, Leah Bovell, ?Marketing pharmaceutical and cosmetic products to the mature market ?, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Volume: 7 Issue: 4, 2013
- Michael Weber, Julie Capitant de Villebonne, ?Differences in purchase behavior between France and the USA: the cosmetic industry?, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, Volume: 6 Issue: 4, 2002
- Nizar Souiden, Mariam Diagne, ?Canadian and French men\'s consumption of cosmetics: a comparison of their attitudes and motivations?, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Volume: 26 Issue: 2, 2009
- Perry Patsy, Kyriakaki Margarita, ?The decision-making process of luxury fashion retail buyers in Greece\", Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal?, Volume: 18 Issue: 1, 2014
- Sharmila Pudaruth , Thanika Devi Juwaheer , Yogini Devi Seewoo, ?Gender-based differences in understanding the purchasing patterns of eco-friendly cosmetics and beauty care products in Mauritius: a study of female customers? , Social Responsibility Journal, Volume: 11 Issue: 1, 2015
- Taehyun Kim, Hoon‐Young Lee, ?External validity of market segmentation methods: A study of buyers of prestige cosmetic brands?, European Journal of Marketing, Volume: 45 Issue: 1/2, 2011
- Tricia Johnson, Julianne Attmann, ?Compulsive buying in a product specific context: clothing\", Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, Volume: 13 Issue: 3, 2009
- Vesselina Dimitrova, Mariana Kaneva, Teodoro Gallucci, ?Customer knowledge management in the natural cosmetics industry?, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Volume: 109 Issue: 9, 2009
[V. Nithya and A. Kumudha. (2017); THE DIMENSIONS OF BUYER BEHAVIOUR IN THE PURCHASE OF COSMETICS IN CHENNAI. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (7). 1-9] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/4686 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/4686
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.