THERMAL IMAGE ANALYSIS USING WAVELET METHOD AND STATISTICS IN ANN STRUCTURE ON BREAST CANCER IDENTIFICATION (ANIMAL MODEL: RAT).
- Informatics Engineering at STIKI Malang and Biomedical Engineering - Faculty of Medical Science, BrawijayaUniversityMalang, Indonesia.
- Biomedical Engineering -Faculty of Medical Science Brawijaya UniversityMalang,Indonesia.
- Department of PhysicsBrawijaya UniversityMalang, Indonesia.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Breast cancer identification based on imaging system is developed until now. One of the modalities to identifying breast cancer using thermal imaging through energy heat intensity that emitted by cancer nodule. The difference of heat temperature on cancer nodule compare with other area shows that there is an abnormality in it. Thermal imaging is a heat image which is has no clear edge (multiresolusi). In this research, we using ANN ( Algorithm Aritificial Network ) to analyse thermal imaging on breast cancer where ANN input structure optimized by implementing wavelet and statistic method. The purpose is to generate information that inform about breast abnormal and size of cancer nodule. This research was done using 12 rats as a model and divided by 2 groups. 5 rats have no treatment, while the rest inducted with 10 times of 20 mg/BB of DMBA ( 7.12 dimenthyl benz (?) anthracene ). Treatment is carried out for 2 month and checked for the cancer nodule every week. Testing as a gold standard is done by palpamasi and Patologis Anatomi (PA). The result shows 87.5% sensitivity with 57% specivity. In group 2 shows that all subjects 100% infected by cancer with 70% cancer potential and 30% has a high temperature ( neoplasma ). The smallest size of cancer nodules that can be detected is 1.5 mm x 5.85 mm.
- J. Mamahit, ?Detection Early Breast Cancer By Using Digital Infrared Image Based on Asymmetry Thermal,? pp. 1?8.
- Lashkari, F. Pak, and M. Firouzmand, ?Full Intelligent Cancer Classification of Thermal Breast Images to Assist Physician in Clinical Diagnostic Applications.,? Journal Of Medical Signals And Sensors, vol. 6, no. 1. pp. 12?24, 2016.
- C. Serrano, L. Motta, M. Batista, and A. Conci, ?Using a new method in thermal images to diagnose early breast diseases,? Mech. Eng., no. figure 1, pp. 2?3, 2011.
- Prabha, S. S. Suganthi, and C. M. Sujatha, ?An approach to analyze the breast tissues in infrared images using nonlinear adaptive level sets and Riesz transform features,? Technol. Heal. Care, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 429?442, 2015.
- Poerbaningtyas, S. T. Informatika, and K. Indonesia, ?YUV DAN WAVELET DALAM MENINGKATKAN INTENSITAS PIXEL PADA ANALISA CITRA PANAS,? JIMP J. Inform. Merdeka Pasuruan, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 80?87, 2018.
- Wongso and Iswahyudi, ?Induksi Kanker Pada Tikus Putih Sprague Dawley Sebagai Hewan Model Dalam Penelitian Radiofarmaka,? Pros. Semin. Nas. Sains dan Teknol. Nukl. PTNBR - BATAN, pp. 319?326, 2013.
- Hossein GHAYOUMI ZADEH, Javad HADDADNIA, ?A Model for Diagnosing Breast Cancerous Tissue from Thermal Images Using Active Contour and Lyapunov Exponent,? Iran J Public Heal., vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 657?669, 2016.
- Leung T, Lee CM, ?Far Infrared Ray Irradiation Induces Intracellular Generation of Nitric C Oxide In Breast Cancer Cell,? J. Med. Biol. Eng., vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 15?18, 2009.
- Arora et al., ?Effectiveness of a noninvasive digital infrared thermal imaging system in the detection of breast cancer,? Am. J. Surg., vol. 196, no. 4, pp. 523?526, 2008.
- Lashkari, F. Pak, and M. Firouzmand, ?Full Intelligent Cancer Classification of Thermal Breast Images to Assist Physician in Clinical Diagnostic Applications,? Journal of Medical Signals and Sensors, vol. 6, no. 1. India, pp. 12?24, 2016.
- S. Suganthi and S. Ramakrishnan, ?Analysis of breast thermograms using gabor wavelet anisotropy index,? J. Med. Syst., vol. 38, no. 9, 2014.
[Evy poerbaningtyas1, Respati Suryanto D, Agustina Tri Endharti and Setyawan P. Sakti. (2018); THERMAL IMAGE ANALYSIS USING WAVELET METHOD AND STATISTICS IN ANN STRUCTURE ON BREAST CANCER IDENTIFICATION (ANIMAL MODEL: RAT). Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (11). 178-184] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Informatics Engineering at STIKI Malang and Biomedical Engineering - Faculty of Medical Science, Brawijaya University Malang, Indonesia ,
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/7984 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/7984
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.