SOME APPLICATIONS OF BIOSTATISTICS TO MEDICAL RESEARCH.
- Statistical Assistant PBCR Radiation Oncology SKIMS.
- Professor Radiation Oncology SKIMS.
- Head Department of Radiological Physics & Bio-Engineering SKIMS.
- Senior Resident Radiation Oncology SKIMS.
- Professor & Head Radiation Oncology SKIMS.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Biostatistics is well recognized as an essential tool in medical research, clinical research and health research. Biostatistics is the branch of statistics applied to biological areas or medical sciences or medical research. Biostatistics not only covers the health, medicine, and nutrition but also covers the agriculture, genetics, biology, biochemistry, demography, epidemiology, anthropology and many others. Biostatistics helps to evaluate many life and death issues in medicine. The aim of this article is to educate the medical residents about the applications of biostatistics so that the proper and accurate conclusions may be drawn from the study.
- PerrieA,sabin C (Eds).Describing data.Medical statistics at galance.UK: Blackwell Science Ltd;2000 pp 16-9.
- KuzmaJW ,Bohnenblust SE (Eds). Summarizing data : Basic statistics for the science.London:Mayfield publishing company;2001 pp 44-54.
- Manikandan S. Measures of central tendency: median and mode. J Pharmacother 2011;2:214-5
- Sprent p. statistics in medical research.Swiss Med wkly 2003;133:522-9
- Bewick V , check L,BallJ.statistics review 10:Further non-parametric methods.crit care 2004;8:196-9
- Altman DG, Bland JM.parametric v non-parametric methods for data analysis.BMJ 2009;338:a3167
- Kaur SP .variables in research. Indian J Res Rep Med Sci 2013;4:36-8
- Ali Z,BhaskarSB.Basic statistical tools in research and data analysis.indian J Anaesth 2016;60:662-9
- Magnello ME karl person and the origin of modern statistics : An elastician becomes statistician , Rutherford J , Vol.1 2005-2006 avaliable online at :http://Rutherford.org
- RanaR,Singhal R, Chi-square test and its application in hypothesis testing.JpractcradiovascSci 2015;1:69-71
- Indrayan A ,satyanarayanL.Simple biostatistics for MBBS,PG entrance and USMLE 4th edition Delhi: Academa publisher 2013
- PerrieA,sabin C (Eds).Describing data.Medical statistics at galance.UK: Blackwell Science Ltd;2000 pp 42-3
- Park K. Textbook of preventive and social medicine. 21st ed. BanarasidasBhanot; 2011.
- Mahajan BK. Methods in biostatistics. 7th ed. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2010.
[Dar Nazir Ahmad, Khan Nazir Ahmad, M Mohib-ul-Haq, Nayak Bilal Gul and Lone Mohammad Maqbool. (2019); SOME APPLICATIONS OF BIOSTATISTICS TO MEDICAL RESEARCH. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (2). 28-31] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8459 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8459
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.