ESTIMATION OF THE QUALITY OF PRE-OPERATIVE ANESTHESIA EVALUATION PRACTICE FROM PATIENTS VIEWPOINT.
- Lecturer, Prince Sultan Military College of Health Sciences Saudi Arabiaand College of Medical, Sciences TechnologyAlzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan.
- Associate Professor, College of Medical, Sciences Technology, Alzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan.
- Assistant Professor, College of Medical, Sciences Technology, Alzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Background: The pre-operative anesthesia evaluation of any patients had the highest preference in the quality of care. But policies rarely appreciate their weight. Alongside with the examination of the patient. The pre-operative visit improves contact between the patient and the anesthetist. Objective: The undertaken study aimed at discovering the estimation of the quality from patients? viewpoint by using a questionnaire in pre-operative anesthesia evaluations. Methodology: The study design is descriptive-analysis carried out for (300) patients, selected by simple, organized random technique. The study members collected the data by a questionnaire contained Likert?s scale with five points. The research used 95% for confidence level, and the P-value was (<0.05). The group of the study received the survey after recovery from anesthesia. The statistical package of social science is used for analysis and demonstrated in frequency and percentage. The program made cross-tabulation and provided P-value. Excel program produced figures and offered tables for some data. The results: The results of the current study released a decline in patient satisfaction, and around 40.3% is the value of net satisfaction with the quality of care in preoperative anesthesia evaluation. Conclusion: The level of quality in the preoperative anesthesia evaluation is significantly low. The study is recommending further studies to investigate the causes of poor quality of preoperative anesthesia evaluation.
- A Ebrahim, Ebrahim M, Luam Ghebrehiwot, Tasneem Abdalgfar, and Muhammad Hanafiah Juni. 2017. ?Health Care System in Sudan: Review and Analysis of Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats (SWOT Analysis).? Sudan Journal of Medical Sciences 12(3): 133?50.
- Alsaif, Abdulrahman, et al. 2018. ?Patient Satisfaction and Experience with Anesthesia: A Multicenter Survey in Saudi Population.? Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia.
- Applegate, Richard L., et al., 2013. ?Telemedicine Pre-Anesthesia Evaluation: A Randomized Pilot Trial.? Telemedicine and e-Health 19(3): 211?16.
- Assefa, F, a Mosse, and Y H/Michael. 2011. ?Assessment of Clients? Satisfaction with Health Service Deliveries at Jimma University Specialized Hospital.? Ethiopian Journal of Health Sciences 21(2): 101?9.
- Baroudi, DinaN, WalidH Nofal, and NaumanA Ahmad. 2010. ?Patient Satisfaction in Anesthesia: A Modified Iowa Satisfaction in Anesthesia Scale.? Anesthesia: Essays and Researches 4(2): 85. http://www.aeronline.org/text.asp?2010/4/2/85/73513.
- Bible, Jesse E., et al. 2018. ?Are Low Patient Satisfaction Scores Always Due to the Provider? Determinants of Patient Satisfaction Scores during Spine Clinic Visits.? Spine 43(1).
- Caljouw, M. A A, M. Van Beuzekom, and F. Boer. 2008. ?Patient?s Satisfaction with Perioperative Care: Development, Validation, and Application of a Questionnaire.? British Journal of Anaesthesia.
- Chaichian, S., 2013. ?Effect of Preoperative Nursing Visit on Preoperative Anxiety and Postoperative Complications in Candidates for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy : A Randomized Clinical Trial .? 27(4): 4?5.
- Chanthong, P et al., 2009. ?Systematic Review of Questionnaires Measuring Patient Satisfaction in Ambulatory Anesthesia.? Anesthesiology.
- David E. Longnecker, Sean C. Mackey, Mark F. Newman, Warren S. Sandberg, Warren M. Zapol. 2018. ?Overview of Preoperative Assessment and Management | Anesthesiology, 3e | AccessAnesthesiology | McGraw-Hill Medical.? In Anesthesiology, Third Edition. New York. https://accessanesthesiology.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2152§ionid=164216270#1144111083 (May 20, 2018).
- Ezike, Ha, Ao Amucheazi, and Vo Ajuzieoegu. 2011. ?Pre-Operative Anaesthesia Visit: Problems and Prospects in a University Teaching Hospital in Enugu, South East Nigeria.? Annals of medical and health sciences research 1(1): 97?101. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23209961%5Cnhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=PMC3507090.
- Gebremedhn, Endale Gebreegziabher, Wubie Birlie Chekol, Wubet Dessie Amberbir, and Tesera Dereje Flatie. 2015. ?Patient Satisfaction with Anaesthesia Services and Associated Factors at the University of Gondar Hospital, 2013: A Cross-Sectional Study.? BMC Research Notes 8(1): 1?9.
- Gebremedhn, Endale Gebreegziabher, and Vidhya Nagaratnam. 2014. ?Assessment of Patient Satisfaction with the Preoperative Anesthetic Evaluation.? Patient Related Outcome Measures: 105.
- Glenn E., Meghan L., Peggy G., Caleb R. 2014. ?Patient Satisfaction and Experience with Anesthesia.? Elsevier: 1?23.
- Koris, Jacob, and Catherine Hopkins. 2015. ?Improving the Quality of the Surgical Preoperative Assessment in a District General Hospital.? BMJ Quality Improvement Reports 4(1). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4693085/ (August 12, 2019).
- Meissner, Winfried, et al. 2015. ?Improving the Management of Post-Operative Acute Pain : Priorities for Change Commentary Improving the Management of Post-Operative Acute Pain : Priorities for Change.? 7995.
- Mendes, Florentino Fernandes, et al. 2013. ?Preoperative Evaluation: Screening Using a Questionnaire.? Brazilian Journal of Anesthesiology (English Edition) 63(4): 347?51.
- Obsa, Mohammed Suleiman, Abateneh Melekamayhu Wahidi, Woseneyeleh Admas, and Bedilu Girma Woji. 2016. ?Assessment of Patient Satisfaction with Preoperative Anesthetic Evaluation and Associated Factors at Menelik ΙΙ Referal Hospital Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.? Journal of Medicine Journal.
- Petrie, Keith J., and John Weinman. 2006. ?Why Illness Perceptions Matter.? Clinical Medicine, Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of London 6(6): 536?39.
- Shah, Authors U, et al. 2015. ?Patient Satisfaction and Positive Patient Outcomes in Ambulatory Anesthesia.? 20152: 29?37.
- Verma, Dr. R et al., 2010. Pre-Operative Assessment and Patient Preparation - the Role of the Anaesthetist. https://www.anaesthetists.org/Home/Resources-publications/Guidelines/Pre-operative-assessment-and-patient-preparation-the-role-of-the-anaesthetist-2 (August 12, 2019).
[Hassan Shaaib, Elham Khalid and Basamat Elhossein. (2019); ESTIMATION OF THE QUALITY OF PRE-OPERATIVE ANESTHESIA EVALUATION PRACTICE FROM PATIENTS VIEWPOINT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (8). 151-159] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
College of Medical, Sciences Technology Alzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9488 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9488
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.