A STUDY ABOUT AVERAGE CYCLE TIME IN MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT.
- Erbil Technical Engineering College, Erbil Polytechnic University-Iraq.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Maintenance of equipment nowadays has a larger role in the firms as a result of huge development of equipment, and the production shifted from workers to machines, the control chart is a main tool in the statistical process control, it is used to promote quality level of maintenance of equipment, and control chart can assure lower average cycle time of maintenance procedure under using of Taguchi method of quality control, and several mathematical equations in the procedure will be used to find value of average cycle time in maintenance of equipment in the firm, because the role of maintenance increased, and it will force to reduce failure rates and defects amount which are proportional to higher quality level of applied maintenance. As a new subject, the research will study to combine four factors of maintenance, average cycle time, x-bar control chart, and quality level. As a new methodology, Taguchi method of quality control was used to obtain the result of aims of the research which are to achieve small average cycle time in the maintenance procedure.
- Wen-Hui Zhou, Gui-Long Zhu, Economic design of integrated model of control chart and maintenance management, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Vol. 47, 2008, pp 1389- 1395.
- Duncan AJ, The economic design of charts when there is a multiplicity of assignable causes. Journal of the American Statistical Association Vol. 66, 1071, pp 107-121.
- Ching Pou Chang, Hsiang Chin, Yuan-Du Hsiao, Fong-Jung Yu, Effect of Preventive Maintenance on the Economic Design of x- Control Chart, Proceedings of the 13th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, Moscow, Russia, June 3-5, 2009, pp 1704-1707.
- C. Montgomery, Economic design of an x-control chart, Journal of Quality Technology, Vo. 14, No. 1, 1982, pp 40- 43.
- Ho and K.E. Case, The Economically-Based EWMA Control Chart, International Journal of Production Research Vol. 32, No. 9, 1994, pp 2179- 2186.
- Antonio F. B. Costa, Fernando A. E. Claro, Economic Design of x- Control Charts for Monitoring a First Order Autoregressive Process, Brazilian Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2009, pp 07- 26.
- Cheng, And Z. Guo, The economically designed SVSSI x- bar control chart, IEEE International Conference on Computer and management, 4.1.2011.
- S. V. Anasuri, Economic Design of x-bar Control Chart by Ant Colony Optimization, Doctoral Dissertation, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, 2012, India.
- businessdictionary.com/definition/Taguchi-method.html/definition/quality-control-QC.html /definition/quality-improvement.html /definition/quality criteria.html.
- Srinivas Athreya, Y.D.Venkatesh, Application of Taguchi Method for Optimization of Process Parameters in Improving the Surface Roughness of Lathe Facing Operation, International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science (IRJES), ISSN (Online) 2319-183X, (Print) 2319-1821, Vol. 1, Issue 3, Nov. 2012, pp 13- 19.
- Aravindan and S.R. Devadasan, B.V. Dharmendra, V. Selladurai, Continuous quality improvement through Taguchi’s online quality control methods, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 15, No. 7, 1995, pp. 60-77.
- Prakash Babu, P.V.S.S.M.Sai Mahesh, K.S.V.S.Bharadwaj Sarma, Application of Taguchi Technique in Gas Cutting Process- A Case Study, International Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 2, Issue 2, 01 April 2013, ISSN: 2319-6890, pp 146-151.
- Jasmina Mikovic, Sandra Velickovic, SrbislavAleksandrovic, Dobrivoje Catic, Application of Taguchi methods in testing tensile strength of polyethylene, 8th International Quality Conference, 23.5. 2014, Center for Quality, Faculty of Engineering, University of Kragujevac, pages 575- 576.
- Sündüs DA, A Real Application on Economic Design of Control Charts with R-edcc Package, The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), Vol. 4, Issue 10, 2015, ISSN (e): 2319- 1813, ISSN (p): 2319- 1805, pp 54- 65.
- Wei-Shing Chen, Fong-Jung Yu, Ruey-Shiang Guh, and Yu-Hua Lin, Economic design of x-bar control charts under preventive maintenance and Taguchi loss functions, ISSN (print): 1735-8523, ISSN (online): 1927- 0089 (Online), Journal of Applied Operational Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2011, pp 103- 109.
- Santiago Omar Caballero Morales, Economic Statistical Design of Integrated x-bar-S Control Chart with Preventive Maintenance and General Failure Distribution, PLOS ONE, www.plosone.org, , Vol. 8, Issue 3, March 2013, pp 1- 25.
- Dogan A. Serel, Herbert Moskowitz, Joint economic design of EWMA control charts for mean and variance, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 184, 2008, pp 157- 168.
- businessdictionary.com/definition/Taguchi-method.html/definition/quality-control-QC.html /definition/quality-improvement.html /definition/quality criteria.html
- Kristina Veljkovica, Halima Elfaghihea, Vesna Jevremovica, Economic Statistical Design of x- Bar Control Chart for Non-Normal Symmetric Distribution of Quality Characteristic, 29:10, 2015, 2325–2338, DOI 10.2298/FIL1510325V, pages 2327-2329.
- Giovanni Celano, On the constrained economic design of control charts: a literature review, Producao, Vol. 21, No. 2, jun. 2011, University of Catania, Italy, pages 224-225.
- Chao-Yu Chou, Chun-Lang Chang, Chung-Ho Chen, Minimum-loss design of x-bar control charts for non-normally correlated data, Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2002, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 16-24.
- Rok Zupan?i?1, Alojzij Sluga, Elan Begunje, Economic Design of Control Charts, Strojniški vestnik - Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2008, Vol. 54, No. 12, UDC 658.562, pp 855-865.
[Abdul khalek M. Kadir. (2017); A STUDY ABOUT AVERAGE CYCLE TIME IN MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 871-878] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2827 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2827
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.