- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Wrightia tinctoria have been studies for their chemical constituents. The powder of fruit of W. tinctoria was subjected to hot extraction with methanol, petroleum ether and ethyl acetate and subjected to chromatography. The flavonoids in form of Rutin and Catechol were isolated from fruit extract of W. tinctoria. The results revealed that, methanol fruit extracts of W. tinctoria contains maximum amount of flavonoids as 90 mg/g of Rutin equivalent and the phenolic content as 3.0 mg/g of Catechol equivalents. While, fruit extract of ethanol and petroleum ether has been found minimum, whereas, fruit extract of W. tinctoria was found highest presence of catechol equivalents.
- The wealth of India. New Delhi: Publication and Information Directorate, CSIR; 1976, p. 588-590.
- Khare C. P. Indian Medicinal plants. Berlin/ Heidelbeg. Springer Science and Business Media, 2007, P. 720.
- Kirtikar KR and Basu BD. Indian medicinal plants. Delhi: Jayyed Press; 1975, p. 1581.
- Nadkarni KM. Indian material medica. Bombay: Popular Prakashan; 1976, p. 1296
- Naik, V. N. (1998). Flora of Marathwada. vol. I, II. Amrut Prakashan, Aurangabad. Naik, V. N. (1998). Marathwadyatil samanaya vanoushadhi.
- Shinde S.R. (2008) Ph.D. thesis submitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded.
- Wadood Khan, M.A. (1985). Flora of Bhokar and Hadgoan Range forests of Nanded district, Ph.D. thesis submitted to Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Zate, B. R. (1983). Flora of Kinwat and Mahur Range forests of Nanded district. Ph.D. thesis submitted to Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Niir board of consultants and Engineers, Handbook on Unani medicine with formulae, processes, use and analysis: Delhi National Institute of Industrial Research 2008. P. 170-177.
- Warrier P. K., Nambiar V. P., Ramankutty C. Indian medicinal plants, Madras orient Langman ltd. 1996 p. 417-419.
[Bhagwan M. Waghmare and Rahul K. Dhabale (2017); DETERMINATION AND QUANTIFICATION OF FLAVONOIDS AND PHENOLIC CONTENT OF WRIGHTIA TINCTORIA R.BR. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 194-197] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2737 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2737
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.