A Study on Phytodiversity in Flouride contaminated site near Coromandel area in Visakhapatnam.
- Research scholar, Centre for Research, Dr.V.S.Krishna Govt. Degree & PG College (A); Maddilapalem Reader, Coordinator PG Botany & Biotechnology Dr.V.S.Krishna Govt. Degree & PG College (A); Maddilapalem, Visakhapatnam. Research scholar, Department of Analytical chemistry, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Professor, Head of the Department of Botany, Andhra University, and Visakhapatnam.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Increased population, industrialization and urbanization are responsible for environmental ccontamination. The discharge of industrial waste water, without any prior treatment in to the environment has always affected the health of human beings, plants and animals. These effluents contain toxic chemicals which are not degradable via chemical and microbial processes. However, they are very likely to accumulate in the soil, aquatic environment and in the plant organs. 2. In this genomic era development of science and technology facilitates the use of the potential of biological diversity for pollution removal which is termed as Bioremediation. 3. In any bioremediation study, site characterization is the preliminary step and is very important with respect to future application or augmentation of the organisms into the particular site involved. 4. In view of this the present study was undertaken to characterize the phytodiversity in fluoride contaminated site near Coromandel area in Visakhapatnam for their possible use in phytoremediation.
- Adams, d.f.1956. The effect of air pollution in plant lifeM.A. arch .Ind. health 14: 229-245.
- Akbar KF, Ahmad Z, Shad MA, Ansari TM (2003). An Ecological study of roadside vegetation and soils in Sahiwal distric Online J. Biol.Sci. 3(7): 627-634
- Al-Khashman OA (2007). Determination of metal accumulation in deposited street dusts in Amman, Jordan. Environ. Geochem. Health 29(1):1-10
- Ares, J.O.Villa, G.Mandodari. Air pollutant uptake by xerophytic vegetation: fluorideexp.bot. 20:259-269.
- Thesis: Arjun Rao P.V, Studies on the genotoxic effects of the effluent from cormandal fertilizers limited? M.Phil. thesis Visakhapatnam
- Bonner, W. D., jun. & Thimann, K. V. (1950). Amer. J. Bot. 37, 66.
- Bindu Madhavi G. S. Bharathi and K. Gaurav Reddy Bioremediation and its applications. Journal of chemical and pharmaceutical sciences2014 .ISSN:0974-2115
- Borjigin, S.; Ashimura, Y.; Yoshioka, T.; Mizuguchi, T.; Determination of Fluoride Using Ion selective Electrodes in the Presence of Aluminium. sci.2009, 25 (12), 1437-1443
- Book: Curtis, J.T. & R.P. McIntosh. 1950. The interrelationships of certain analytic and synthetic Phytosociological characters. Ecology 31: 434-455
- Dueck, T.A and G.J.Endenjik. 1987. Soil pollution and changes in vegetation .chemosphere, 16:1021-1030
- G. Ray and Jojo George, Phytosociology of road side communities to identify ecological potential of tolerant species. Journal of ecology and natural environment Vol.1 (5), pp184-190 November, 2009.
- Jha SK, Nayek AK, Sharma YK (2009) Fluoride toxicity effects in onion (Allium cepa L.) grown in contaminated soils. Chemosphere, 76:353-356
- Kabir M., M .zafir Iqbal, Z.R. Farooqi and M.Shafiq. Vegetation pattern and soil characteristics of the polluted industrial area of Karachi.Pak.J.Bot42 (1):661-67
- P Sharma R.K. Chaturvedi ,kamayani Sharma and S.M.Bhardwaj dominance and diversity studies of vegetation of polluted habitats around sanganer ,Jaipur. Tropical ecology 42(1):69-82, 2001.
- prabhavati Devi, Ch. Sri Bindu, T.byragi reddy,K, K. Basavaiah, and P. Vani. Accumulation of fluoride from soil by various plant species in the vicinity of fertilizer factory, Visakhapatnam .world journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, volume 5, issue 9, 2122-2128
- Krishna, M. V. B.; Rao, S. V.; Murthy, V. S. N.; Karunasagar, D.; A simple UV-photolysis digestion method for the determination of fluoride in fluorine-containing drugs by ion selective electrode and spectrophotometry techniques. Methods 2012, 4 (6), 1565-1572.
- Kumar, R.T., B.T. Reddy & P.P. Murthy. 2013. Weed distribution in Sugarcane fields of Srikakulam district, A.P., India. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 4(1): 1380-1389.
- Mc Nulty, I. B. & Newman, D. W. (1957). Plant Physiology. 32, 121
- McNulty, I. B. & Newman, D. W. (1961). Plant Physiol. 36, 385.
- M. Gosh, SP. Singh (2005): A review on phyto remediation of heavy metals and utilization of it?s by product. Appl.ecol.Environ.Res.3 (11-18)
- Book : Misra, R. 1968. Ecology workbook. Oxford and IBH publishing company Ltd., New Delhi.
- Book: Muller ? Dombois & H. Eilenberg. 1974. Aims and Methods of Vegetation Ecology. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Naheed, S.N. Arizd and S. Baig. Studies of particulate air pollutants in the vicinity of a cement factory and its health hazards. Pakistan journal of scientific and industrial research 29(4):95-102.
- Fatemeh Kazemeini , Behroz Eshghi Malayeri Abdolkarim Chehregani , Bahare Lorestani, Ramezan Kalvandi Identification of the heavy metals accumulator plants in surrounding area of mine . International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. IJACS/2013/6-10/565-574
- Pragada, P.M. and M. Venkaiah. 2012. Phytosociological attributes of weed flora in major crops of north coastal Andhra Pradesh, India. Pakistan Journal of Weed Science 18(1): 107-126.
- Syeda Sadaf jehra, Muhammad Arshad, Assement of heavy metal accumulation and their translocation in plant species. African journal of biotechnology vol.8 (12), pp.2802-.2810.
- book : Thomas, M. D. & Hendricks, R. H. (1956). In Air Pollution Handbook, 9, p. 22. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co.
- Book : Trivedy RK, Goel PK (1986). Chemical and biological methods for water pollution studies. Environmental Publications, India .Karad pp. 415 -110
[CH. Sri Bindu, J. Ratna Grace, Prabhavati Devi and Y. Venkateswara Rao. (2017); A Study on Phytodiversity in Flouride contaminated site near Coromandel area in Visakhapatnam. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 458-466] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Reader , department of botany, Dr.v.s. krishna degree and pg college ,visakhapatnam.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2767 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2767
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.