A STUDY TO ASSESS THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PLAY THERAPY ON ANXIETY AMONG HOSPITALIZED CHILDREN.
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics Nursing, Amity College of Nursing, Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Play promotes healing and helps the child to cope with stressful experiences. Children Won fear treatments are helped to release their feelings in their use of falls and other toys. The attitudes and feelings that children reveal in their play are full of meaning.. The child can find acceptable outlets for hostilities through play activities. The study aimed at to assess the pre test and post test level of anxiety among hospitalized children in selected hospitals at Gurgaon, To evaluate the effectiveness of play therapy on anxiety among hospitalized children in selected hospitals at Gurgaon, To determine the association between post-test anxiety level among hospitalized children in selected hospitals at Gurgaon and demographic variables. The convenient sampling technique was used to select the sample for the study. Data was collected by using a structured anxiety rating score. The tool consists of two parts. First part consists of demographic data of the sample and second part consists of the a structured anxiety rating score In experimental post test mean score, 37.87 and SD was 14.708 respectively. The obtained?t? value 14.015 statistically was significant at 0.000 level. So research hypothesis was accepted, in Comparison of mean score of experimental post ? test and control post ? test that the obtained ?t? value is 8.165 statistically v a l u e was .000 so it is significant (< 0.05) therefore research hypothesis was accepted so it clearly shows that the level of anxiety was reduce in experimental group in post test The study concluded that children?s was anxious in the pre-test and were as in the post-test shows that children?s was not anxious or reduced so, it indicates that play activities was effective
- Ingalls, saleroom. Maternal and child health nursing. 9th edition. Network: Mosby; 1999.
- Sadler C. child?s play nurses times. 1990; 86 (11): 16 ?17.
- Saucier Bl. Play activities a nursing intervention. Advanced clinical care. 1989.
- . Ziegler Debbie Michelle. Preparation for surgery and adjustment to Hospitalization. Nurses clinician of North America. 1994; 29 (4):655-59.
- A. Rae etal. The Psychosocial Impact of Play in Hospitalised Children. 2002; Oct 2.
- Play Therapy. 2000; Feb: 23.
[Ms. Sheuli Sen (2017); A STUDY TO ASSESS THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PLAY THERAPY ON ANXIETY AMONG HOSPITALIZED CHILDREN. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (Aug). 1540-1546] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Department of Pediatrics Nursing, Amity College of Nursing, Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/5213
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/5213
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.