STUDY OF EFFECTIVENESS OF CONCEPT ATTAINMENT MODEL OF TEACHING ON ACHIEVEMENT IN SCIENCE AMONGSECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS.
- Assistant Professor, MANUU College of Teacher Education, Sambhal -244302 (U.P.), A Constituent College of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The present study was conducted to investigate the effect of concept attainment model of teaching on achievement in teaching of science among secondary school students. The data was collected using Group Test of General Mental Ability constructed by S.S. Jalota (1972) and Achievement test in Sciences prepared by Investigator. Data included 120 randomly selected students of IX th class from two schools (1 Government and 1 Private) at Aligarh (U.P.). Descriptive and inferential statistics were used to compare the means between the groups. Finding of the study revealed that concept attainment model is effective in terms of achievement of students in teaching of science.
- Anjum, S. K. (2014), ?A Study of Effect of C.A.M on Achievement of Geometric Concepts of Viii Standard Students of English Medium Students of Aurangabad City?, Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies, 2(15), 2451-2456.
- Best, J.W. and Khan J.V. (1995), ?Research in Education(7th edition)?, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Das, S. K. (2013), ?Effectiveness of C.A.M and Advance Organizer Model in Mathematics Achievement among Ninth Grade Students in Roopnagar District of Punjab?. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2329883
- Garret, H.E. (1981), ?Statistic in Psychology an Education?, Feffer and Simons Ltd, Bombay.
- Good, Carter V. (1966), ?Essentials of Educational Research: Methodology and Design?, Meredith Publishing Company, New York.
- Jalota, S.S. (1972), ?Manual of Group Test of General Mental Ability?, 225, Sector 16-A Chandigarh.
- Joyce, Bruce and Weil, Marsha (1997), ?Models of teaching?, New Delhi: prentice- hall of India.
- Kalani, A. (2008), ?A Study of Effectiveness of Concept Attainment Model over Control Method for Teaching Science in Relation to Achievement and Retention?, International Research Journal, 2 (5), 20-22.
- Kumar, A. and Mathur, M. (2013), ?Effect of Concept Attainment Model on Acquisition of Physics Concepts?, Universal Journal of Educational Research, 1(3), 165-169.
- Shamnad, N. (2005), ?Effectiveness of Concept Attainment Model on Achievement in Arabic Grammar of Standard IX Students?, Retrieved from http://arabicuniversitycollege.yolasite.com/resources/Faculty/NS/Dissertations.
- Sreelekha, S. and Nayar, A.K. (2004), ?The Effectiveness of Concept Attainment Model in Learning Chemistry at Secondary level?, New Delhi: NCERT publication.
- Verma, C.P. (2001), ?A Comparative Study of the Effectiveness of Mastery Learning Model and Inductive Thinking Model on Pupils? Achievement in Science and their Creative Thinking Abilities?, Unpublished Doctorate Thesis, Rohtak: M.D.University.
- Vyas, B.K. (2014), ?Effect of Concept Attainment Model of Instruction on Achievement in Mathematics of Under Achiever and Over Achiever Students of Secondary Schools?, Unpublished Doctorate Thesis, Rajkot: Saurashtra University.
- Yaghini, M. (2008), ?Evaluating the Effects of Concept Attainment Teaching Model and Traditional on the Learning Concepts of Numerical Mathematics during Preschool from the Perspective of Educators in Shiraz?, Unpublished Master?s thesis, Iran: Islamic Azad University, Arsanjan.
[Mahmood Alam. (2017); STUDY OF EFFECTIVENESS OF CONCEPT ATTAINMENT MODEL OF TEACHING ON ACHIEVEMENT IN SCIENCE AMONGSECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (9). 93-97] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
MANUU College of Teacher Education, Sambhal -244302 (U.P.) (A Constituent College of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad)
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/5305 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/5305
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.