A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PHILIPPINE NURSING CURRICULUM FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.
- St. Paul University- Manila.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The nursing practice is important in the healthcare industry. This paper is meant to analyze different nursing curriculums from different countries, their requirements and the core competencies they contribute to the practice. The introduction gives an overview of the nursing profession and introduces the key concepts of the paper. In the body an analysis of the Philippine, United States, Australian, United Kingdom and Middle East BSN curriculums is discussed. The sections include an introduction on the length of the curriculum followed by an extensive analysis of the core competencies and how they affect the nursing profession. Through a series of government and scholarly resources, the paper dwells into the essentials of BSN programs and how they influence the success of nurses in their professional lives. The conclusion outlines a summary of the paper.
- gov. (2016). POLICIES, STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES FOR THE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING. Retrieved from http://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Proposed-PSG-for-BS-Nursing-Education.pdf
- com. (2018). Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nicosia, Cyprus 2018. Retrieved from https://www.healthcarestudies.com/Bachelor-of-Science-in-Nursing/Cyprus/European-University-Cyprus/
- org. (2018). National Nursing Core Competency Standards. Retrieved from http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---asia/---ro-bangkok/---ilo-manila/documents/publication/wcms_316218.pdf
- Lazarte, F. (2016). Core Competencies of Beginning Staff Nurses: A Basis for Staff Development Training Program.?Journal of Advanced Management Science,?4(2), 98-105. DOI: 10.12720/joams.4.2.98-105
- org. (2010). Standards of competence for registered nurses. Retrieved from https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/standards/nmc-standards-for-competence-for-registered-nurses.pdf
- gov.au. (2018). Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Professional standards. Retrieved from http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Professional-standards.aspx
- org. (2018). QSEN Competencies. Retrieved from http://qsen.org/competencies/pre-licensure-ksas/
- Tarzian, A., & ASBH Core Competencies Update Task. (2013). Health Care Ethics Consultation: An Update on Core Competencies and Emerging Standards from the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities? Core Competencies Update Task Force.?The American Journal of Bioethics,?13(2), 3-13. DOI: 10.1080/15265161.2012.750388 (254792172228) WA.
- edu.au. (2018). Bachelor of Nursing | Victoria University | Melbourne Australia. Retrieved from https://www.vu.edu.au/courses/bachelor-of-nursing-hbnb
- (2009). Global standards for the initial education of professional nurses and midwives. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/hrh/nursing_midwifery/hrh_global_standards_education.pdf.
[James Ryan Reblando. (2018); A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PHILIPPINE NURSING CURRICULUM FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (7). 526-532] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
ST. PAUL UNIVERSITY- MANILA/MENA College of Management-Dubai
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.