- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
In the modern world, Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) can be considered as a new generation of systems with integrated control, communication and computational capabilities. Just as the Internet has transformed, how people interact with each other, cyber physical systems will transform the interaction of people with the physical world. Currently, the study of CPS is still in its infancy and there exist many research issues and challenges ranging from electricity power, health care, transportation and smart building, agriculture etc. In this article introduces the architecture of CPS (cyber physical systems and wireless sensor networks (WSNs) for cloud computing for life support or healthcare) and its application for monitoring and decision support systems. The proposed CPS architecture consists of three main components: 1) the communication part, 2) the computation part, and 3) the resource management part for healthcare. Such integration, which is called Cyber-physical Systems (CPS), is transforming the industry, agriculture and hospital into the next level. CPS facilitates the systematic transformation of massive data into information, which makes the invisible patterns of degradations and inefficiencies visible and yields to optimal decision making system. This paper focuses on existing trends in the development of hospital big data analytics and CPS. Detailed analysis and explanation are given for relevant models such as cloud computing, real time scheduling and security models. Finally, a health care application part is presented based on our practical test bed which has been built for several years. With the rapid advancement of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and the integration of advanced analytics into manufacturing, products and services, many industries and hospitals are facing new opportunities and at the same time challenges of maintaining their competency and present needs. Finally, a case study on the development of intelligent machines using the CPS is presented.
- Chan, F. T. S., H. C. W. Lau, R. W. L. Ip, H.K. Chan, S. Kong. \"Implementation of total productive maintenance: A case study.?. International Journal of Production Economics. 2005, 95.1: 71-94.
- Lee, J., E., Lapira, B., Bagheri, H. A., Kao. Recent advances and trends in predictive manufacturing systems in big data environment?. Manufacturing Letters, 2013, 1.1: 38-41.
- Shi, J., J., Wan, H., Yan, H. Suo. \"A survey of cyber physical systems.\" Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
- Kopetz, H. Internet of things. In: Real-time systems (pp. 307-323). Springer US. 2011.  Lee, J., B., Bagheri, H. A., Kao. \"A cyber-physical systems architecture for industry 4.0-based manufacturing systems.\" Manufacturing Letters, 2015, 3: 18-23.
- Vijayaraghavan, A., W., Sobel, A.,Fox, D., Dornfeld, P., Warndorf. ?Improving machine tool interoperability using standardized interface protocols: MTConnect.? In: Proceedings of the 2008 international symposium on flexible automation (ISFA), 2008, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Yang, S., B., Bagheri, H. A., Kao, J., Lee. \"A Unified Framework and Platform for Designing of Cloud-based Machine Health Monitoring and Manufacturing Systems.\", Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering,
- Pantelopoulos, Nikolaos G, A survey on wearable sensor-Based Systems for health Monitoring and Prognosis, IEEE Tran Sys Man and Cybernetics, vol 40(1), pp: 1-12, 2010.
- ZhoungLiu,Dong-sheng Yang,Ding Wen and Wei-mingZhang,Cyber-Physical-Social Systems for Command and Control,IEEE Intelligent Systems,Vol 26,no.4,pp 92-96,2011
- Lee Insup and Oleg Sokolsky, Medical Cyber Physical Systems,inProc.of DAC,USA 2012.
- Banerjee, Ayan and Gupta, Sandeep K. S. And Fainekos, Georgios and Varsamopoulos, Georgios,Towards modeling and analysis of cyberphysical medical systems,Proc, ISABEL\'11,pp:154-158,2011.
- Arney, David and Pajic, Miroslav and Goldman, Julian M. and Lee,Insup and Mangharam, Rahul and Sokolsky, Oleg, Toward patient safety in closed-loop medical device systems, ICCPS\'10,pp:139-148,2010.
- Sam Madden, From Databases to Big Data, IEEE Internet Computing, Vol 16, No 3, pp 4-6,2012.
- Dean, Je_rey and Ghemawat, Sanjay,MapReduce: simpli_ed data processing on large clusters,OSDI,2004.
- Gilles Virone, MajdAlwan, SiddharthDalal, Steven W. Kell, Beverely Turner, John A. Stankovic, and Robin Felder, ehavioral Patterns of Older Adults in Assisted Living,IEEE Tran InfoTech in BioMed, Vol 12, No.3, pp:387-398, 2008.
- Michael Stonebraker, Cetintemel U, ZdonikStan,The 8 requirements of real time stream processing, SIGMOD pp:42- 47,2005.
- Lee, Edward A, Cyber Physical Systems: Design Challenges, ISORC, pp 363-369,2008.
- Petracca, Y. Sun, T. Jaeger, and A. Atamli, ?Audroid: Preventing attacks on audio channels inmobile devices,? in Proceedings of the 31st Annual Computer Security Applications Conference. ACM, 2015, pp. 181?190.
- Templeman, Z. Rahman, D.Crandall, andA. Kapadia, ?PlaceRaider: Virtual theft in physical spaces with smartphones,? in The 20th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), To appear, Feb 2013.
- ?Internet of things,? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Things, accessed: 2015-12-1.
- Farooq, M. Waseem, A. Khairi, and S. Mazhar, ?A critical analysis on the security concerns of internet of things (iot),? International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 111, no. 7, 2015.
- Khan, S. U. Khan, R. Zaheer, and S. Khan, ?Future internet: the internet of things architecture, possible applications and key challenges,? in 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), 2012. IEEE, pp. 257?260.
- Perera, P. Jayaraman, A. Zaslavsky, P. Christen, and D. Georgakopoulos, ?Dynamic conﬁguration of sensors using mobile sensor hub in internet of things paradigm,? in IEEE Eighth International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, 2013, pp. 473?478.
- Atzori, A. Iera, and G. Morabito, ?The internet of things: A survey,? Computer networks, vol. 54, no. 15, pp. 2787?2805, 2010.
- D. Lane, E. Miluzzo, H. Lu, D. Peebles, T. Choudhury, and A. T. Campbell, ?A survey of mobile phone sensing,? IEEE Communications magazine, vol. 48, no. 9, 2010.
- ?Apple developer documentation,? https://developer.apple.com/ documentation, accessed: 2015-12-1.
- ?Sensor overview,? https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/sensors/ sensors_overview.html, accessed: 2017-10-23.
- ?Who leads os share in internet of things era?? https://spectrummattersindeed.blogspot.com/2017/04/ who-leads-os-share-in-internet-of.html, accessed: 2017-10-23.
- ?Sensor stack,? https://source.android.com/devices/sensors/ sensor-stack.html, accessed: 2017-03-10.
- ?Introduction to the sensor and location platform in windows,? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ dd318936(v=vs.85).aspx, accessed: 2017-03-10.
- Cyber Physical Systems, \"http://www.cpse-labs.eu/cps.php\"
[Md. Obaidur Rahaman, Abusaleh Shuvo and M. Abul Kashem. (2018); CYBER PHYSICAL SYSTEMS FOR HEALTHCARE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (11). 36-46] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology(DUET)
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/7968 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/7968
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.