A MODEL INVESTIGATION OF AZORES IMPACTS OVER FRANCE.
- Department of Mathematics, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Department of Bio Medial Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The influence of North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) variability over climate of France is investigated by several authors. In this paper, the centers of action approach are applied to study spring precipitation (March to May) variability over France, taking into account variations in the components of NAO; (i) the Azores High (AH) and (ii) the Icelandic Low (IL) pressure systems. Our results show that the north-south shifts of the Azores High has significant impact on interannual variations of spring precipitation over France, there being more precipitation when the Azores High shifts southward versus when it is northward. The present study showing that when AH. This article demonstrates that when the AH system moves towards south there is relevant moisture and hot air ascends from the Atlantic Ocean and enter into France. We construct a regression equation for spring rainfall over France in which the AH latitude and Arctic Oscillation are independent variables and it explains 23 percent of the variance of precipitation during 1981-2016.
- Christensen, J. H., & Christensen, O. B. (2003). Climate modelling: severe summertime flooding in Europe.?Nature,?421(6925), 805.
- Sch?r, C., Vidale, P. L., L?thi, D., Frei, C., H?berli, C., Liniger, M. A., &Appenzeller, C. (2004). The role of increasing temperature variability in European summer heatwaves.?Nature,?427(6972), 332.
- Marsh, T. J., & Hannaford, J. (2007).?The summer 2007 floods in England and Wales?a hydrological appraisal. NERC/Centre for Ecology & Hydrology.
- Lenderink, G., Van Meijgaard, E., &Selten, F. (2009). Intense coastal rainfall in the Netherlands in response to high sea surface temperatures: analysis of the event of August 2006 from the perspective of a changing climate.?Climate dynamics,?32(1), 19-33.
- Seneviratne, S. I., L?thi, D., Litschi, M., &Sch?r, C. (2006). Land?atmosphere coupling and climate change in Europe.?Nature,?443(7108), 205.
- Zveryaev, I. I. (2004). Seasonality in precipitation variability over Europe.?Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres,?109(D5).
- Rogers, J. C., & Van Loon, H. (1979). The seesaw in winter temperatures between Greenland and northern Europe. Part II: Some oceanic and atmospheric effects in middle and high latitudes.?Monthly Weather Review,?107(5), 509-519.
- Hurrell, J. W. (1995). Decadal trends in the North Atlantic Oscillation: regional temperatures and precipitation.?Science,?269(5224), 676-679.
- Moisselin, J. M., Schneider, M., Canellas, C., &Mestre, O. (2002). Climate change over France during the 20th century; a study of longterm homogenized data of temperature and rainfall.?La m?t?orologie,?38, 45-56.
[Saqib-Ur-Rehman, Bilal Ahmed Usmani, Mustafain Ali, Syeda Sadia Zia, Atia Elahi, Sara Ali, Sarwat Zehra Zaidi and Kamran Khan. (2019); A MODEL INVESTIGATION OF AZORES IMPACTS OVER FRANCE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (3). 77-82] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
University of Karachi
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8602 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8602
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.