ECOLOGICAL CONCERN IN ASSAMESE LITERATURE:AN INTRODUCTION.
- Junior Research Fellow, Dept. of Assamese Dibrugarh University, Assam, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The present world is facing eco-disasters and the environment is now at stake. As a consequence ecologically oriented literature pleads for a better understanding of nature and eco-criticism emerged as a revisionist literary movement. Eco-criticism studies the relationship between literature and the physical environment. In Assamese Literature also, a good number of writer deal with eco-critical texts who tries to reflect burning ecological problems like species loss, pollution, global warming, toxicity, deforestation, etc. But the study of Assamese Literature from the eco-critical perspective is rare. Therefore, Eco-critical study of Assamese literature is very relevant and essential. This paper tries to give an overview of ecological text in Assamese Literature.
- Buell, Lawrence (2005): The Future of Environmental Criticism: Environmental Crisis and Literary Imagination. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing
- Garrad, Greg(2012): Ecocriticism, Oxon: Routledge
- Glotfelty, Cheryll and Harold Fromm Ed. (1996) The Ecocritism Reader : Landmarks in Literary Ecology, University of Georgia Pres
- Love, Glen A(2003): Practical Ecocritism : Literature, Biology and the environment
- Saikia, Nagen (2011): Background of Modern Assamese Literature, PurbanchalPrakash
- Sarma, Chandradhar(2009): A Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy. Delhi: MotilalBanarsidass Publishers
- SwarnalathaRangarajan(2018): Ecocrticism:Big Ideas and Practical Strategies, Orient black Swan.
[Jyotishman Das. (2019); ECOLOGICAL CONCERN IN ASSAMESE LITERATURE:AN INTRODUCTION. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (5). 147-149] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Junior Research Fellow, Dept. of Assamese, Dibrugarh University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9013/1 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9013/1
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.