- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
In this paper, the effects of the AR(1) process with the different lag-1 serial correlation coefficients and different sample sizes on the Mann-Kendall test were analyzed by Monte Carlo simulation. Then, using pre-whitening method, we modify the primary data and eliminate the influence of lag-1 serial correlation on the MK Mutation Test. Finally, based on the flood data from 1949 to 2008 in Zibo, China, the change point and the trend of the flood data were analyzed and the results between the revised and the original method were compared and discussed.
- Zhenlong Wang, Xi Chen, Zhenchun Hao: 2010, ?Long-team Trend and Jump Change for Major Climate Processes over Area of Huabei?, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage. 29(5):52-56.
- Fengying Wei: 1999, ?Statistical Diagnosis and Prediction Technology of Modern Climatic?, China Meteorological press, Beijing.
- Yinghua Zhang, Xianfang Song: 2015, ?Techniques of abrupt change detection and trends analysis in hydroclimatic time-series: Advances and evaluation?, ARID LAND GEOGRAPHY. 38(4): 652-665.
- YUE S, WANG C Y: 2004, ?The Man-Kendall test modified by effective sample size to detect trend in serially Correlated Hydrological Series [J] ?, Water Resour Manage. 18:201-218.
- YUE S, PILON P, PHINNEY B. et al: 2002, ?The influence of autocorrelation on the ability to detect trend in hydrological series ?, Water Resour Manage. 16: 1807-1829.
- YUE S, WANG C Y: 2002/2001, ?The applicability of pre-whiting to eliminate the influence of serial correlation on the Mann-Kendall test [J]?, Water Res. 38(6): 10.1029/ WR000861, 4-1-7.
- Xinming Yao, Yuanfang Chen, Shenghua Gu: 2014, ?Application of EEMD-NNBR Model in Rainfall Forecasting?, Water Resources and Power. 32(12):11-13, 16.
[Jian Wang and Qiuli Dong. (2019); THE INFLUENCE OF LAG-1 AUTOCORRELATION ON THE MK TEST AND APPLICATION IN THE CHANGE-POINT ANALYSIS OF FLOOD DATA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (7). 111-116] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9332 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9332
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.