- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Till date we have seen a very few literature reporting pulmonary nocardiosis concomitant infection with mycobacterium tuberculosis. We present a 74 year old case in which a patient with long segment myelitis, who was on long term steroids on thorough work up for PUO was found to have mycobacterium tuberculosis co-infected with nocardiosis. Physiological doses of oral steroids recommended for long segment myelitis might be the predisposing factor for opportunistic infection of nocardiosis in patient with MTB.
- Trinidad JM, Teira R, Zubero S, Santamar?a JM.Coinfection by Nocardia asteroides and Mycobacterium avium- intracellulare in a patient with AIDS. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 1992 Dec;10(10):630-1.
- Yildiz O, Doganay M. Actinomycoses and Nocardia pulmonary infections. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2006;12:228-234.
- Kanne JP, Yandow DR, Mohammed TL, Meyer CA. CT findings of pulmonary nocardiosis. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011 Aug;197(2):W266-72.
- Erasmus JJ, McAdams HP, Farrell MA, Patz EF Jr. Pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial infection: radiologic manifestations. Radiographics. 1999 Nov-Dec;19(6):1487-505.
- Ojha N, Bista KDB, Torres OH, Domingo P, Pericas R, Boiron P, et al. Clinical and radiographic characteristics of pulmonary nocardiosis: clues to earlier diagnosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;57(3):807?12.
- Benito N, Moreno A, Miro JM, Torres A. Pulmonary infections in HIV-infected patients: an update in the 21st century. Eur Respir J. 2012 Mar;39(3):730-45.
- Castellana G, Grimaldi A, Castellana M, Farina C, Castellana G. Respiratory medicine case reports pulmonary nocardiosis in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a new clinical challenge. Respir Med Case Rep. 2016;18:14?21.
- Khadka P, Basnet RB, Khadka P, Shah DS, Pokhrel BM. Disseminated Nocardiosis in renal transplant recipient under therapy for pulmonary tuberculosis: a case report. BMC Res Notes. 2017.
[Manav Manchanda, Sunil Nagar, Priyadarshi Jitendra kumar, Manu Shangle, Uma Rani and Shilpa Gupta. (2019); PULMONARY NOCARDIOSIS CONCOMITANT INFECTION WITH PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (Aug). 30-32] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9469 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9469
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.