ASSESSMENT OF FIXED ASSET ACQUISITION AND MANAGEMENT PRACTICE INGOVERNMENT SECTORS IN CASE OF DIRE WOREDA.
- WolaitaSodo University, College of Business and Economics, Department of Public Administration andDevelopment Management, WolaitaSodo and Postcode, 138, Ethiopia.
- Dire Woreda Finance and Economic Development Head.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The purpose of this research was to assess the practice of fixed asset acquisition and management in government sectors in case of Direworeda. The study employed descriptive survey design and used both qualitative and quantitative data. The study used 20 sample which drawn from 67 total population using purposive sampling method. Data were collected through questionnaire from 18 employees and heads of government sectors. Two woreda officials who were delegated to work related to property administration were interviewed. Additionally, observation was used in data gathering. The collected data were systematically arranged, organized and analyzed using SPSS to generate descriptive statistics results presented in tables, frequency and percentage then thematically interpreted. The study revealed that lack of understanding and enforcing rules, regulations and directive, established system to enhancing understanding, handling and disposing fixed asset according to rules, regulations and directive, specifying fixed asset and lack of positioning sufficient and experienced professionals. The researcher recommended enhancing understanding of heads of public sectors as well as employees by establishing systems, maintaining accountability system in fixed asset acquisition and management, fully applying of rules, regulations and directive, establishment of modern property handling method and using professionals.
- Youtai Lu,2011. The dissertation on Public asset management empirical evidence from the state government in the United state s, Florida Atlantic University Boca Reton Florida.
- UCC, 2012. Fixed asset policy and procedure Ireland.
- City of Houston Texas, 2005. Fixed asset accounting and management manual.
- Ethiopia Federal Democratic Republic Proclamation 649/2009, 2009. Proclamation for Procurement and Property Administration.
- Kikron Tefera et al. 2014. Research Thesis: An assessment of fixed asset management in case of United Bank share company, St.Mary?s University.
- Emmaokoye et al., 2009. Fixed asset management in public sector organization: economic impact on developing country, Federal polytechnic, Oko.
- GetuBelete, 2018.Practices and challenges of public property management in oromia national regional state: The case of oromia supreme court.
- Ethiopia Federal Democratic Republic: Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, 2007. Government Owned Fixed Asset Management Manual.
- Ethiopia federal democratic republic, 2010, ministry of finance and economic development strategic management manual.
- Ethiopia Federal Democratic Republic: Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, 2010. Stock Management Manual May.
- Ethiopia Federal Democratic Republic,(2014/15). Public procurement and property administration agency survey research on sample federal government office.
- TadewosMentta ,2012. Fixed Asset management practice in Ethiopia: Descriptive study??? on selected Federal public sectors. Lamp Lambert academic publishing, Oxford, Ox, United Kingdom.
- John, A. et al.2007. Research Methods for Graduate Business and Social Science Students,New Delhi. VivekMehra ,for Response Books.
- Mata Maldaye, 2015.The Disposal practice of material in public sector: the case of selected sub city of Addis Ababa, journal of finance and accounting, vol.9, No1, 2018.
- Mukori Samuel, 2013. Property Management in the public sector has specific characteristics which differentiates it from the private sector: evidence from an analysis of the South African market, Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment.
- Oromia National Regional State Directive 01/2011, 2011. Property Administration Directive.
- Oromia National Regional State Proclamation 157/20 10, 2010. Proclamation for procurement and property administration.
- Oromia National Regional State 2016/17, 2016/2017. Bureau of Finance and Economic Cooperation Audit Report.
- Roman L., 2017. Public procurement practice and challenges in Ethiopia: evidence from selected public organizations, MA thesis in EMB, AAU College of business and economics department of Accounting and finance Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
[Abdi Aden Yasin and Doyo Borte. (2019); ASSESSMENT OF FIXED ASSET ACQUISITION AND MANAGEMENT PRACTICE INGOVERNMENT SECTORS IN CASE OF DIRE WOREDA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (9). 11-23] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Wolaita Sodo University, College of Business and Economics, Department of Public Administration and Development Management, Wolaita Sodo and Postcode, 138, Ethiopia.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9624 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9624
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.