- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The goal of this paper is to design and implement feedback control system for a Stewart Platform to control a ball-on-plate system. In this work, a complete physical system and controller design of a 6-Degree of Freedom (6-DoF) Stewart platform explored from conception to modelling to testing and completion is done. Stewart platform is parallel manipulator having 6 actuators to control the position and orientation of a plat-form. The ranges of motion achieved by this manipulator are three translation motions (each in X; Y and Z axes) and three rotational motions around each axis, these motions can be controlled either independently or in any combination (The range and combinations of motion are subjected to physical limitation). The ball-on-plate system is an unstable open-loop System in which a ball placed on a plate (i.e., Platform) and the position of the ball is indirectly controlled by tilting the plate on its X and Y axes.
- G., L. K., and L. F. L., ?Dynamic analysis and control of a Stewart platform manipulator\", Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 629-655 (Available Online): https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/rob.4620100506.
- Li and S. E. Salcudean, ?Modeling, simulation, and control of a hydraulic Stewart platform,\" in Proceedings of International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 4, April 1997, pp. 3360-3366.
- -H. Lee, J.-B. Song, W.-C. Choi, and D. Hong, ?\\Position control of a Stewart platform using inverse dynamics control with approximate dynamics,\" Mechatronics, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 605-619, 2003. [Online]. Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0957415802000338
- GUYEN, S. ANTRAZI, and Z.-L. ZHOU, ?Analysis and design of a six-degree-of-freedom stewart platform-based robotic wrist?, semi annual technical report, 1 Aug. 1990- 1 Jan. 1991.
- T. Gee Kwang Lim, Robert A. Freeman, ?Modeling and simulation of a Stewart platform type parallel structure robot?, NAL report; 1 Dec. 1987 - 30 Nov. 1988, Apr 01, 1989, no. 89N23875, 1988.
- Ramrez Gomez A, ?Inertial stabilization system based on a Gough-Stewart parallel platform,\" B.S. thesis, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, 2017.
- Nokhbeh, D. Khashabi, and H. Talebi, ?Modelling and control of ball-plate system,\" B.S. thesis, Teheran: Amirkabir University of Technology, 2011.
- Dusek, D. Honc, and K. R. Sharma, ?Modelling of ball and plate system based on first principle model and optimal control\", in Process Control (PC), 2017, 21st International Conference on. IEEE, 2017, pp. 216-221.
[Gopiya Naik S, Manojgowda S.P and Kishor G. (2019); DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF FEEDBACK CONTROL SYSTEM FOR 6-DOF STEWART PLATFORM. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 28-40] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
PES College of Engineering, Mandya
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9802 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9802
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.