- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
In this paper the comparative study of a cooperative communication system is analyzed under single and two-relay as well as different diversity protocol. The single and two relays with two retransmission protocols amplify and forward (AAF) and decode and forward (DAF) are implemented as well as four diversity combining techniques such as equal ratio combining (ERC), fixed ratio combining (FRC), signal to noise ratio combining (SNRC) and equal signal to noise ratio combining (ESNRC) are used at the destination for each protocol. When ERC or FRC is implemented for both AAF and DAF diversity protocols the two-relay system presents better performance compared to the single relay. On the other hand, two-relay cooperative system has shown improved system performance at lower SNRs for SNRC or ESNRC. The proposed two relays system using cooperative diversity can achieve remarkable benefits in wireless transmission and the performance can be enhanced of the transferred signal with improved channel quality
- A. Tobagi, ?Modeling and performance analysis of multihop packet radio networks,? Proc. IEEE, 75, 1987 (135?155).
- John Boyer David D. Falconer and Halim Yanikomeroglu, Multihop Diversity in Wireless Relaying Channels, IEEE Transaction on Communications Vol. 52(10), (2004) 1820-1830.
- Mahmood, Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review 3 (1) (2010) 184-187.
- Rodoplu V and Meng TH. ?Minimum energy mobile wireless networks? IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 17(8) (1999) 1333 ? 1344.
- Boyer J., Falconer D. and Yanikomerogl H. 2001 ?A theoretical characterization of the multi-hop wireless communications channel with diversity,? In Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 2 (2001) 841-845.
- Nemanja Zdravkovic, Aleksandra Cvetkovic, Kimmo Kansanen and Goran T. Djordjevic, Outage performance of low-latency decode-and-forward cooperative wireless networks, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 95 (2016) 3-10.
- Ahmed K. Sadek, Weifeng Su and K. J. Ray Liu, Multinode Cooperative Communications in Wireless Networks, IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing Vol. 55(1), (2007) 341-355.
- Boyer J., Falconer D. and Yanikomeroglu ?A theoretical characterization of the multi-hop wireless communications channel without diversity,? In Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications 2, (2001)116-120.
- Laneman JN, Tse DNC and Wornell GW ?Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks: Efficient Protocols and Outage Behaviour,? 50, (2004) 3062-3080.
- Veluppillai Mahinthan, Lin Cai, Jon W. Mark, and Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, Maximizing Cooperative Diversity Energy Gain for Wireless Networks, IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communications, 6(6) (2007) 2530 - 2539.
- Mohammadali Mohammadi* , Mehrdad Ardebilipour, Zahra Mobini and Ramezan-Ali Sadegh Zadeh, Performance analysis and power allocation for multi-hop multi-branch amplify-and-forward cooperative networks over generalized fading channels, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 160 (2013) 2-13.
- Nosratinia A, Hunter TE, Hedayat A,?Cooperative? Communication in Wireless Networks?IEEE Communication Magazine? (2004) 74-80.
- Yuksel M and Erkip E. ?Diversity in relaying protocols with Amplify andforward,? Polytechnic University. Brooklyn, New York, 4 (2003)2025-2029.
- Ahmed S Ibrahim Ahmed K. Sadek Weifeng Su K. J. Ray Liu,?Cooperative Relaying?, 7, (2008) 2814-2827.
- Mahinthan, J. W. Mark, and X. Shen, ?A cooperative diversity scheme based on quadrature signaling,? IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 6(1) (2007) 41?45.
- H. Winters, ?The diversity gain of transmit diversity in wireless systems with Rayleigh fading,? IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., 47(1) (1998) 119-123.
- Zimmermann, P. Herhold, and G. Fettweis, ?A novel protocol for cooperative diversity in wireless networks,? in Proc. Fifth European Wireless Conference Mobile and Wireless System Beyond 3G (2004) 20-26.
- Wang and G. B. Giannakis, ?A simple and general parameterization quantifying perfromance in fading channels,? IEEE Trans. Commun., 51 (2003), 1389-1398.
- Meier A, and Thompson JS ?Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Network? Emerging technology conference proceeding (2010) 359-363.
- Mingwei CAO,?Guangguo BI,?Xiufeng JIN, Bandwidth Efficient Three-User CooperativeDiversity Scheme Based on Relaying Superposition Symbols, Wireless Sensor Network,1 (2009)1-60.
[Mahabub Hossain, Dulal Haque and Mehedi Islam (2019); NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND TWO RELAY COOPERATIVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM WITH DIFFERENT DIVERSITY PROTOCOLS Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (11). 111-120] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
1Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur, Bangladesh
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.