SENSITIVITY OF ALTERNARIA ALTERNATA AGAINST CARBENDAZIM CAUSING FRUIT ROT OF POMEGRANATE
- Department Of Botany, Badrinarayan Barwale Mahavidyalaya Jalna. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad. 431203
- Mycology and Plant Pathology Laboratory, Department Of Botany, Shivaji University, Kolhapur. 416004
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
It was found that there was variation in the MIC of carbendazim among 21 isolates of Alternaria alternata (Fr.) Keissler on agar plates and on pomegranate fruits. MIC on agar plates ranged from 500 to 1000 g/ml and Ed50 from 325.33 to 693.75 g/ml, while it was 100 to 350 g/ml and Ed50 33.76 to 136.48 g/ml, on fruits Collected from Kolar (Dist. Ahmednagar), Parali (Dist. Beed), Mahabaleshwar (Dist. Satara), Rahuri (Dist. Ahmednagar) and Sangli. It appears that with the increase of the concentration of fungicide in the medium and on the pomegranate fruits there was decrease in the radial growth of the pathogen.
- Annamalai, P. and Lalithakumari, D. (1990). Decreased activity of Drechslera oryzae field isolate to endifenphos.? Indian Phytopath. 43(4): 553-558
- Bharade, S.S. and Kamble S.S. (2001). Post harvest pathogen of pomegranate in Maharashtra Plant Disease Management, 145-147
- Chander, M. and Thind, T.S. (1995). Development of carbendazim resistance in Gleosporium ampelophagum and strategies for its management. J. Mycol. Plant Pathol., 25: pp.25-33.
- Dekker, J. and Glelink, A.J. (1979a & b). Acquired resistance to pimaracin in Cladosporium cucumarinum and Fusarium oxysporum sp. narcissi associated with decreased virulence.? Neth. J. Plant. Pathol. 85: 67-73.
- Gangawane, L.V. (1981). Fungicide resistance in crop protection. Pesticides 15(11): 12-16.
- Gangawane, L.V. and Kamble, S.S. (1993). Synergistic effects of fungicides on carbendazim resistance in Macrophomina phaseolina causing charcoal rot of potato. In Proc. WZ Meet of IPS PKV, Akola (Eds. Mayee, C.D. et al.), pp. 62-63.Padule, D.N. and Kaulgud, S.N. (1993). Chemical control of leaf spot and fruit spot of pomegranate (Punica granatum ), In Chemical management of plant pathogens in Western India, pp. 47-49.
- Putto, B.L. and Chaudhary, Basu, K.C. (1986). Management of apple scab pathogen resistant to fungicides. Vistas in Plant Pathology, pp. 361-366.
- Van Tuyl, J.M. (1975). Genetic aspects of resistance to Benomyl and Thiabendazole in a number of fungi, Medel Rijstak Landb. Wetensch. Gent. 50.
- Jadhav, D. Y., Sahoo, A. K., Ghosh, J. S., Ranveer, R. C. and Mali, A. M. (2010): Phytochemical Detection and in vitro Evaluation of Tamarind Fruit Pulp for Potential Antimicrobial Activity. International Journal of Tropical Medicine. 5(3): 68-72. DOI: 10.3923/ijtmed.2010.68.72.
- Mali, A. M., Patil, V. B., Ade, A. B., Chavan, N. S. And Kamble, S. S. (2015): First Report Of Fusarium Sp. FIESC 17 On Cucumis trigonus In India. Plant Disease. 10.1094/PDIS -09 -14 -0881 -PDN.
- Mali, A. M., Patil, V. B., Pise, N. M. and Ade, A. B. (2016): First Report of Leaf Spot Caused by Fusarium sp. NFCCI 2882 on Angiopteris evecta: A King Fern from Western Ghats, India. Plant Disease.
- Patil, V. B., Mali, A. M., Mahamuni, R. J., Chavan, N. S. And Kamble, S. S. (2012): First Report Of Leaf Spot Caused By Phoma Costarricensis on Delphinium Malabaricum In Western Ghats Of India. Plant Disease. 96:1074.
- Molnar, A., L. Hornok and Resti, M. (1985). The high level of Benomyl tolerance in Fusarium oxsporum is determined by the synergistic interaction of two games. Mycol. 9: 326-333.
[Bharade S.S. and Kamble S.S (2019); SENSITIVITY OF ALTERNARIA ALTERNATA AGAINST CARBENDAZIM CAUSING FRUIT ROT OF POMEGRANATE Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (12). 184-187] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
DR BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10142 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10142
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.