EVALUATION IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGIC PLANNING OF HEIS IN THE BALANCED SCORECARDS CUSTOMER PERSPECTIVE, SETTING IN UNIVERSITAS INDONESIA
- Student of Postgraduate in Education Management Universitas Negeri Jakarta Indonesia
- Professor of Postgraduate in Education Management Universitas Negeri Jakarta Indonesia
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The purpose of this paper is to describe that HEIs require measurable indicators that can reflect one value and excellence that can be achieved through investments in technology, innovation, students, lecturers and staff. Then Higher Education Institutions must have a BSC framework because it can foster connections and build harmony between key performance indicators. The Balance Scorecard (BSC) framework is a superior strategy based on a management system that can be used at HEIs to help how to explain vision and mission and then translate vision into strategy. Through our analysis we show how customers represent as a key importance in the HEIs perception competition. HEIs needs to develop agile which means universities must anticipate and respond to changing speeds with high levels of productivity in internal and external relations. So leadership agility is needed, which means that leaders must be sensitive and responsive to changes very quickly. Strategy management in the HEIs region has experienced significant changes from various factors, it is necessary to form more dynamic patterns. HEIs are increasingly focused on performance management results. This development can be seen from the growing competition between HEIs.
- Castagna, A., Colantonio, E., Furia, D., & Mattoscio, N. (2010). Does education play a relevant role in globalization? Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), 3742?3750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2010.03.582
- Dubrovski, D. (2001). The role of customer satisfaction in achieving business excellence. Journal Total Quality Management Volume 12, 2001 - Issue 7-8, 12 issue 7.
- Hart, L., Rampersad, A., Lopez, J., & Petroski, M. (2009). Ethnicity and the Balanced Scorecards Customer Perspective: The Case of Higher Education. The Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 9, 1. Retrieved from http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?did=1864019631&%5CnFmt=7&%5CnclientId=8739&%5CnRQT=309&%5CnVName=PQD
- Hutabarat Jemsly, Huseini, M. (2012). Strategi: Terpadu, Komprehensif, Simultan.
- Kaplan, Robert S. and Norton, D. P. (2006). Alignment using the Balanced Scorecard to create corporate synergies. Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Khatoon, S., & Farooq, A. (2014). Balanced Scorecard to Measure Organizational Performance: A Case Based Study. The International Journal of Business & Management, 2(9), 2321?8916. Retrieved from www.theijbm.com
- Kivunja, C. (2015). Innovative Methodologies for 21st Century Learning, Teaching and Assessment: A Convenience Sampling Investigation into the Use of Social Media Technologies in Higher Education. International Journal of Higher Education, 4(2), 1?26. https://doi.org/10.5430/ijhe.v4n2p1
- Kotler, P., & Fox, K. (1995). Strategic Marketing for Educational Institutions. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Krames, J. A. K. (2005). Jack Welch and the 4Es of Leadership (The McGraw). New York.
- Lichy, J., & Enstr?, R. (2015). Rethinking Business Models for 21st Century Higher Education: A European Perspective. 4(4), 119?127. https://doi.org/10.5430/ijhe.v4n4p119
- Machado, M. D. L., & Taylor, J. S. (2010). The struggle for strategic planning in European higher education: the case of Portugal. Research in Higher Education Journal, 6(March), 1?20. Retrieved from http://bibliotecadigital.ipb.pt/handle/10198/2280
- (2014). Balanced Scorecard, Sistem Terpadu Pengelolaan Kinerja Personel Berbasis (3rd Edition). Yogyakarta: UPP STM YKPN.
- ONeill, M. (2003). The influence of time on student perceptions of service quality: the need for longitudinal measure. Journal of Education Administration, 310?324.
- Papenhausen, C. and E. W. (2006). Insight from the Balanced Scorecard Implementing the Balanced Scorecard at a College of business, Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1108/13683040610685757
- Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. (1996). Translating Strategy into action The Balance Scorecard.
- Ron Germaine, Jan Richards, Marilyn Koeller, C. S.-I. (2016). Purposeful Use of 21st Century Skills in Higher Education. Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching, 9(1), 19?29.
- Rothaermel, F. T. (2015). Strategic Management (2nd ed.). New York: Mc-Graw Hill Education.
- Singh, J. D. (2016). HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES. (December). Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/311618391_HIGHER_EDUCATION_IN_THE_21ST_CENTURY_ISSUES_AND_CHALLENGES/download
- Vuk?ić, V. B., Bach, M. P., & Tomičić-Pupek, K. (2014). Process performance management in higher education regular paper. International Journal of Engineering Business Management, 6(1), 1?8. https://doi.org/10.5772/58680.
[Tumbur Tobing, Rugaiyah and Ivan Hanafi (2019); EVALUATION IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGIC PLANNING OF HEIS IN THE BALANCED SCORECARDS CUSTOMER PERSPECTIVE, SETTING IN UNIVERSITAS INDONESIA Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (12). 261-269] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Universitas Negeri Jakarta, Indonesia
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10151 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10151
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.