APOE GENOTYPES AND CEREBRAL MICROBLEEDS ON MRI IN HAN CHINESE POPULATION
- Yongpeng Yu Innovation Studio and Department of Neurology, the Affiliated Weihai Central Hospital of Qingdao University and Weifang Medical College, Weihai, Shandong, 264400
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The relation between APOE genotypes with cerebral microbleeds (CMBs) was investigated on the basis of the location of CMBs in 569 patients with ischemic stroke. With respect to the ?2 or ?4 allele carrier, the adjusted odds ratio was 1.87 (1.06 to 3.28) for lobar CMBs but 1.21 (0.82 to 1.87) for nonlobar CMBs. These analyses revealed that the ?2 allele may contribute to the genesis of lobar CMBs to a greater extent than the ?4 allele, instead of nonlobar CMBs. These results suggest that the pathogenesis of CMBs may differ depending on not only the frequency and distribution of CMBs but also their association with the APOE genotypes.
- Loitfelder M, Seiler S, Schwingenschuh P, Schmidt R. Cerebral microbleeds: a review. Panminerva Med. 2012,54:149-160.
- Greenberg SM, Rebeck GW, Vonsattel JP, Gomez-Isla T, Hyman BT. Apolipoprotein E epsilon 4 and cerebral hemorrhage associated with amyloid angiopathy. Ann Neurol 1995,38:254?259.
- Woo D, Sauerbeck LR, Kissela BM, et al. Genetic and environmental risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage: preliminary results of a population-based study. Stroke. 2002, 33:1190?1195.
- Paternoster L, Chen W, Sudlow CL. Genetic determinants of white matter hyperintensities on brain scans. Stroke. 2009, 40:2020.
- Schilling S, Destefano AL, Sachdev PS, Choi SH, Mather KA, Decarli CD, Wen W, H?gh P, Raz N, Au R. APOE genotype and MRI markers of cerebrovascular disease: systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurology. 2013,81:292-300.
- Luo X, Jiaerken Y, Yu X, Huang P, Qiu T, Jia Y, Li K, Xu X, Shen Z, Guan X, Zhou J, Zhang M, Adni FTADNI.Associations between APOE genotype and cerebral small-vessel disease: a longitudinal study. Oncotarget. 2017, 8:44477-44489.
- Jeerakathil T, Wolf PA, Beiser A, et al. Cerebral microbleeds: prevalence and associations with cardiovascular risk factors in the Framingham study. Stroke. 2004, 35:1831?1835.
- Jang DK, Huh PW, Lee KS.Association of apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism with small-vessel lesions and stroke type in moyamoya disease: a preliminary study. J Neurosurg. 2016,124:1738-1745.
- Li HQ, Cai WJ, Hou XH, Cui M, Tan L, Yu JT, Dong Q; Alzheimer?s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative.Genome-Wide Association Study of Cerebral Microbleeds on MRI. Neurotox Res. 2019. doi: 10.1007/s12640-019-00073-3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yubi T, Hata J, Ohara T, Mukai N, Hirakawa Y, Yoshida D, Gotoh S, Hirabayashi N, Furuta Y, Ago T, Kitazono T, Kiyohara Y, Ninomiya T.Prevalence of and risk factors for cerebral microbleeds in a general Japanese elderly community. Neurol Clin Pract. 2018;8(3):223-231.
- Kim M, Bae HJ, Lee J, Kang L, Lee S, Kim S, Lee JE, Lee KM, Yoon BW, Kwon O, Koo JS, Kim BK. APOE epsilon2/epsilon4 polymorphism and cerebral microbleeds on gradient-echo MRI. Neurology. 2005,65:1474-1475.
- Sheikh-Bahaei N, Manavaki R, Sajjadi SA, Priest AN, O\'Brien JT, Gillard JH. Correlation of Lobar Cerebral Microbleeds with Amyloid, Perfusion, and Metabolism in Alzheimer\'s Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2019; 68(4):1489-1497.
- Luo X, Jiaerken Y, Yu X, Huang P, Qiu T, Jia Y, Li K, Xu X, Shen Z, Guan X, Zhou J, Zhang M, Adni FTADNI. Associations between APOE genotype and cerebral small-vessel disease: a longitudinal study. Oncotarget. 2017; 8(27):44477-44489.
[Yong-Peng Yu, Hong-Sheng Zhang, Ya-li Zheng and Jia-He Bai (2020); APOE GENOTYPES AND CEREBRAL MICROBLEEDS ON MRI IN HAN CHINESE POPULATION Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (1). 279-283] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Yongpeng Yu Innovation Studio and Department of Neurology, the affiliated Weihai Central Hospital of Qingdao University and Weifang Medical College,
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10294 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10294
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.