MULTIPLE STRIP CROWNS IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY - A NOVEL APPROACH FOR ESTHETIC REHABILITATION
- MDS Student, Swami Devi Dyal Hospital and Dental College, Barwala, Panchkula, Haryana, India.
- Professor and HOD, Swami Devi Dyal Hospital and Dental College, Barwala, Panchkula, Haryana, India.
- Professor, Swami Devi Dyal Hospital and Dental College, Barwala, Panchkula, Haryana, India.
- Senior Lecturer, Bhojia Dentl College and Hospital, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Even with all the preventive measures used in pediatric dentistry, early childhood caries is a problem outfaced day to day in pediatric dentistry which predominantly affects the labial surfaces of the anterior teeth in children younger than 71 months. The current study reports a case of aesthetic-functional restoration performed with the help of prefabricated strip crowns and composite in a 4-year-old female patient affected by multiple carious lesions in primary maxillary anterior teeth. Composite resin restorations were performed on all upper anterior teeth to restore aesthetics and function, offering a better quality of oral health for the child. The procedure of composite resin restorations with the help of strip crowns resulted in a shorter clinical time, a better aesthetic result, function and the restoration of the patients good smile.
- Gaurav Kumar Mittal, Aviral Verma, Hansika Pahuja, Shashank Agarwal, Himani Tomar. Esthetic crowns in pediatric dentistry: a review. Int J of Contemp Med Res 20163(5):1280-1282.
- Walia T, Salami A, Bashiri R, Hamoodi OM, Rashid F. A randomised controlled trial of three aesthetic full-coronal restorations in primary maxillary teeth. Eur J of Paedia Dent2014 15(2):113-118
- Margolis FS. The sandwich technique and strip crowns: an esthetic restoration for? primary incisors. Compend Contin Educ Dent2002, 23(12), 1165-1169.
- Kenny DJ, Johnston DH, Bamba S. The composite resin short-post: a review of 625 teeth. Ont Dent198663(5):12-18.
- Muhamad A, Azzaldeen A, Mai A. Strip Crowns Technique for Restoration of Primary Anterior Teeth: Case Report.IOSR-JDMS.201514(12):48-
- Ephraim R,?Rajamani T,?Ambili AyilliathArifa M.K?. Aesthetic Rehabilitation of Maxillary Primary Anterior Teeth with Early Childhood Caries ? Report of Three Different Cases. Int J Dent Sci and Res2017,5(6):159-162.
- Doneria D, Thakur S, Singhal P, Chauhan D. Complete mouth rehabilitation of children with early childhood caries: A case report of three cases. Int J Pedod Rehabil 20172:37-40.
[Pooja Goel, Ambreena Khurshid, Sanjay Chachra, Abhishek Dhindsa, Manu Sharma and Achla Sethi (2020); MULTIPLE STRIP CROWNS IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY - A NOVEL APPROACH FOR ESTHETIC REHABILITATION Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Apr). 102-106] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
MDS Student Department of Pedodontics And Preventive, Dentistry Swami Devi Dyal Hospital And DentaL College, Barwala (Panchkula), Haryana India.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10751 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10751
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.