A RESEARCH ONWORK-LIFE BALANCE (WLB) INITIATIVES AND WORKLOADIMPACT TOFINANCE PROFESSIONALSIN MAKATI CITY, PHILIPPINES
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Work-Life Balance is one of the important things for the employees as it will be a deciding factor to boost their work morale and satisfaction. Work-Life Balance definition actually varies over time and also to different people, but as per Sanfilippo (2020) it isdefined as it is a state of equilibrium where a person equally prioritizes the demand on their career and demand on their personal life. Work-Life Balance is applicable to everyone but this study will focus more on work-life balance of Finance Professionals who are working in Makati City, Philippines. This paper employed quantitative research and revealed that workload directly impacts to work-life balance status of Finance employees in Makati. Moreover, this study tells us how the workload impacts the well-being of staff which through rendering overtime work instead of spending those time with their loved ones. Toresolve such issues, the company and its leadership team need to be aware of workload segregation hence to take action to preventincrease of workload and balance personal-work betweenstaffs.
- Caillier, G. J., (2012). Satisfaction with work-life benefits and organizational commitment/job involvement: Is there a connection?, Review of Public Personnel Administration, 364
- Esther Mutheu (2017) International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce.
- Kumar, H., & Chakraborty, S., (2013), Work life balance (WLB): A key to organizational efficacy. Aweshkar Research Journal,15(1), 62-70.
- Kossek, E. E., Lewis, S., & Hammer, B. L., (2010), Work-life initiatives and organizational change: Overcoming mixed messagesto move from the margin to the mainstream. Human Relations, 63(1), 3-19
- Lazar, I., Osoian, C., &Ratiu, P., (2010), The role of work-life balance practices in order to improve organizationalperformance. European Research Studies, 13, 201-215
- Ana Sandoiu., (2016) Poor work-life balance leads to poor health later in life available online https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313755
- Allison Nicola Simone Fort., (2017), Strategies for Reducing Employee Absenteeism fora Sustainable Future: A Bermuda Perspective
- available online https://scholarworks.waldenu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5044&context=dissertations
- Investopedia Staff., (2019),Maintaining Work/Life Balance For Financial Professionals available online https://www.investopedia.com/articles/professionals/061113/maintaining-worklife-balance-financial-professionals.asp
- Questionnaeire for Wowk-Life balance https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/37171/18/18_appendix.pdf
- , (2019), The Effects of a Heavy Workload on Employees available online https://bizfluent.com/info-8178431-effects-heavy-workload-employees.html
- Marisa Sanfilippo., (2020) What is work-life balance, and why is it important? Available online https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5244-improve-work-life-balance-today.html
- Mutheu, Kiflemariam&Ngui , 2017, Effects of Work Life Balance Practices on Employees? Job Satisfaction: A Case of Kenya Wildlife Service
- George Sheppard, 2016 , Work-Life Balance Programs to Improve Employee Performance.
[Ernesto S. Nogoy Jr. (2020); A RESEARCH ONWORK-LIFE BALANCE (WLB) INITIATIVES AND WORKLOADIMPACT TOFINANCE PROFESSIONALSIN MAKATI CITY, PHILIPPINES Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Apr). 134-139] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10756 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10756
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.