- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
This aims of research to determine the effectiveness of science textbooks based on Socio-scientific Issues to improve students creative thinking abilities. Creative thinking in 21st-century learning is very important and must be trained. Based on several observational samples, the average creative thinking ability of junior high school students is less optimal, especially for aspects of fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration. This may be because the textbooks used in learning have not optimally loaded content that trains creative thinking. This research uses the form of one group pretest-posttest design so that the N-Gain value is obtained, the results of which are used to represent the effectiveness of science textbooks based on Socio-Scientific Issues used on learning in biotechnology materials in junior high schools.
- Anag?n, Ş. S., & ?zden, M. 2010. Teacher candidates perceptions regarding socioscientific issues and their competencies in using socio-scientific issues in science and technology instruction. Procedia Social and ?????? Behavioral Sciences. 9. 981?985. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.
- Callahan, B.E. 2009. Enhanching Nature of Science Understanding, Reflective Judgment, and Argumentation Through Socio-Scientific Issues. Dissertation. Florida: University of Florida.
- Firdaus, Asari, A.R., Qohar, A. 2016. Improving Students Mathematical Creative Thinking Abilities Through Open Ended Learning on SPLDV Material. Mathematic Journal. Vol. 1.? No 2.
- Hadjichambi, D. P., A. C., dan K. Korfiatis. (2015). How students values are intertwined with decisions in a socio-scientific issue. International Journal of Environmental & Science Education.10 (3), p.493-513.
- Kampylis, P. & Berki, E. 2014. Nurturing Creative Thinking. International Academy Of Education.
- 2018. 21st Century Forms and Learning Methods. https://lp3munud.ac.id/img/admin/ download/279839edac8bc5c9e515fb663e7f5d9.pdf. [Accessed 19 March 2019].
- Mariana, M.A., Praginda, W. 2009. Nature of Science and Science Education. Jakarta: PPPP4TK.
- Martin Prosperity Institute. 2015. Global Creativity Index. http://martinprosperity.org/content/the-global- creativity-index-2015/. [Accessed 19 March 2019].
- Munandar, U. 1999. Developing Talent and Creativity School Children. Guidance for Teachers and Parents. Jakarta: Grasindo.
- Syaibani, H. A., Dafik., Hobri. 2017. The Analysis of Students Creative Thinking Skills in Solving "Rainbow Connection" Problem through Research Based Learning. The International Journal of Social Sciences and ?????????????? Humanities Invention. Vol 4. Issue 8.
- Silver, E. A. 1997. Fostering Creativity Through Instruction Rich In Mathematical Problem Solving and Problem Posing. ZDM International Reviews on Mathematical Education. 29 (3).
- Tekin, N., O. Aslan, dan S. Yilmaz. 2016. Research trends on socioscientific issues: a content analysis of publications in selected science education journals. Journal of Education and Training Studies. 4 (9): 16-24.
- Torrance, E. P. 2000. Research review for the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking: Verbal and Figural Forms A and B. Bensenville, IL: Scholastic Testing Service.
- Zeidler, D.L., Nichols, B.H. 2009. Socioscientific Issues: Teory and Practice. Journal of Science Education. 21. No.2.
- Zetkas, E., Harahap, F., Edi, S. 2016. Analysis of Students Understanding and Learning Difficulties in Biotechnology Material Based on Indicators of Class IX SMP Padang Sidempuan City. Journal of Biological ????????????? Vol.5. No.3.
[Imam Budi Santoso, Joko Waluyo and Slamet Hariyadi (2020); EFFECTIVENESS OF SCIENCE TEXTBOOKS BASED ON SOCIO-SCIENTIFIC ISSUES IN BIOTECHNOLOGY MATERIALS TO IMPROVE CREATIVE THINKING ABILITY Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Apr). 140-144] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Department of Post Graduate Science Education, Jember University, East Java, Indonesia 68121
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.