ATTITUDE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS TOWARDS INCLUSIVE EDUCATION IN SRINAGAR DISTRICT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR (INDIA)
- Department of Physical Education, Shri Venkateshwara University.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The purpose of this study was to investigate attitude Physical education Teachers towards inclusive education in Srinagar district of Jammu and Kashmir, and the factors that influenced such attitudes. Qualitative research was used to gather information from all general education and special education teachers. The sample consisted of 30 teachers at 5 schools. The results of this study showed that teachers attitudes were strongly influenced by the nature and physical condition of the students.
- Algozzine B., and Yesseldyke, J.,(1981).Special education services for normal? children:Better? safe than sorry? Exceptional Children,48,238-243.
- Allen, K.E., (1980). Mainstreaming in early childhood education. Albany,New York: Delmar Publishing.
- Allen, K.E., and Schwartz (1996). The Exceptional Child: inclusion in early childhood education. 3rd Edition, Singapore:Delmar
- Barrage,N., (1983). Visual handicaps and learning. Austin, TX: Exceptional
- Dash,M.,(2000):Education of Exceptional Children, Delhi, Atlantic
- Department of Education (2003). Inclusive Education Scheme (Draft). New Delhi : MHRD,GOI.
- Fain, G.S., (1986). Leisure: A moral Imperative.Mental Retardation, 24,261-262.
- Hewett, F.M., and Forness, S.R., (1984), Education of Exceptional Children, London,Allyn& Bacon.
- Kirk, S., (1962), Educating Exceptional Children, Boston, Haughton
- Kough, J., and Dehann, R.F.,(1955), Identifying Children Who Need Help, in teachers Guidance Handbook-1, Science Research Association,Chicago.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (1992). Revised Programme of Action (1992). New Delhi:GOI.
- NCTE Bulletin (1991), Volume III, No.2-4, NCTE,New
- Panda, K.C., (1997), ?Education of Exceptional Children? New Delhi, VikasPublishing House Pvt.
- Project Integrated Education for the Disabled (1987), NCERT, New
- Suran B.S., and Rizzo, J.V.,(1979),Special Children :An integrative approach, England, Scott, Foresman&
- The Mental Health Act (1987): Government of India, New Delhi. Wallace, G., & Kauffman, J.M., (1986). Teaching children with learning problems (3rd) Columbus, OH:Merrill.
- Wood,J.W., (1989), Mainstreaming:A Practical Approach for Teachers. Columbus,OH:Merrill.
- Ysseldyke, J.E., and Algozzine,Bob, (1988), Special Education, New Delhi,Kanishka
[Mohd Iqbal Dar (2020); ATTITUDE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS TOWARDS INCLUSIVE EDUCATION IN SRINAGAR DISTRICT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR (INDIA) Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Apr). 531-533] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Department of Physical Education, Shri Venkateshwara University.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10806 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10806
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.