BACTERIOLOGICAL AND MOLECULAR STUDIES ON BACTERIATRANSMITTED FROM FISHES TO HUMAN.
- Bacteriology, Immunology and Mycology Department Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Egypt.
- Bacteriology Dept, Animal Health Research Institute, Kafr El-Sheikh branch. Egypt.
- Veterinary Medicine Directorate, Kafr El-Sheikh branch. Egypt.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
A total of 1500 samples from 300 apparently healthy fish (280 Tilapia nilotica and 20 Catfish) were collected randomly from some markets and farms at Kafr El-sheikh governorate, Egypt. Also 50 human skin swabs were collected. These samples were collected to isolate and characterize bacteria transmitted from fish to human. In this study the prevalence of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Aeromonas spp. and Edwardseillatarda in Tilapia were 8.2, 21.4, 19, 11.4, 10 and 1.1% respectively, the prevalence of theses pathogens in Catfish were 5, 75, 60, 15, 10 and 0% respectively while its prevalence in human were 8, 24, 20, 12, 0 and 0% respectively. Escherichia coli serotype isolates from fish were O153, O1, O125 and O78. Salmonella serotype isolates from fish were Salmonellainganda, Salmonellatyphimurium and Salmonella Kentucky and Salmonellamolade. Results showed that all the eight isolates of Staphylococcusaureus subjected for determination of clfA gene were positive and negative to Hla gene, all the five Salmonella isolates were positive to invA and sefA genes and only one from four isolates of Escherichia coli was positive to eaeA gene and the four isolates were negative to Hly gene.
- Abdul-Kareem, H.S. and Husain, A.S. (2015): Genetic comparative study of Staphylococcusepidermidis isolated from wounds, burns and skin flora. Iraq Journal of science., 56(8):708-712.
- Akbarmehr, J., Salehi, T.Z. and Brujeni, G.H. (2010): Identification of Salmonella isolated from poultry by MPCR technique and evaluation of their hspgroEL gene diversity based on the PCR-RFLP analysis. African Journal of Microbiology Research., 4(15).
- Ali, H.H. (2014): Isolation and identification of Staphylococcus bacteria from fish of fresh water and its antibiotics sensitivity in Mosul city. Bas. J. Vet. Res., 1(1).
- Aljanaby, A.A.J. and Alfaham, Q.M. (2017): Phenotypic and molecular characterization of some virulance factors in multidrug resistance Escherichia coli isolated from different clinical infections in Iraq. American Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology., 7(2):65-78.
- Amalia, U., Hariyadi, R.D. and Poernomo, A. (2014): Rapid detection of Salmonella in shrimp by Polymerase Chain Reaction. J.Teknol. Dan IndustriPangan., 25(1).
- Amr, A.A., Hosam, A.A. and Heba, R.M. (2012): Enteropathogen of some fresh water fish. Alex J. Vet. Science., 37(1):49-52.
- Atwa, E.I. (2017): Bacteriological study of fish samples collected from different markets in some Egyptian Governorates and antimicrobial sensitivity of isolates. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 6(5):2765-2776.
- Awuor, W.S., Miruka, O.D. and Eliud, W.N. (2012): Characterization of Salmonella isolated from Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) along Lake Victoria beaches in weastern Kenya. World academy of science engineering and technology (International journal of biology. biomolecular. Agriculture. Food and biotechnological engineering., 5(8).
- Barbosa, M.M., Pinto, F.D., Ribeiro, L.F., Guriz, C.S., Maluta, P.R., Rigobelo, E.C., Avila, F.A. and Amaral, L.A. (2014): Serology and patterns of antimicrobial susceptibility in Escherichia coli isolates from pay- to-fish ponds. Arq. Int. Biol. Sao Paulo., 81(1):43-48.
- Bisi-Johnson, M.A., ObiCL, Vasaikar, S.D., Baba, K.A. and Hattori, T. (2011): Molecular basis of virulence in clinical isolates of Escherichia coli and Salmonella species from a tertiary hospital in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Gut Pathogens., 3:9.
- Budiati, T., Rusul, G., Alkarkhi, A.F.M., Ahmed, R. and Arip, Y.M. (2011): Prevalence of Salmonella from Catfish (Claris garipinus) by using improvement isolation methods. International conference on Asia agriculture and animal IPCBEE., 13.
- Bujjama, J. and Padmavathi, P. (2015): Prevalence of Staphylococcusaureus in fish samples of local domesyic fish market. International Journal of Current Microbiology and applied science., 4(5):427-433.
- Cagatay, I.T. and Sen, E.B. (2014): Detection of pathogenic Aeromonashydrophila from Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchusmykiss) farms in Turkey. International Journal of agriculture and biology., 16(2):435-438.
- Das, A., Rathore, A., Janen, C., Hemanth, C. and Balakrishnan RA. (2013): Diagnosis of motile Aeromonas sobria from Catfishes with septicemia by PCR. IOSR Journal of agriculture and veterinary science (IOSR- JAVS)., 2(6):87-91.
- David, O.M., Wandili, S., Kakai, R. and Waindi, E.N. (2009): Isolation of Salmonella and Shigella from fish harvested from the winam gulf of lake Victoria, Kenya. J. infect developing countries., 3(2):99-104.
- Denev, S., Staykov, Y., Moutafchieva, R. and Beev, G. (2009): Microbial ecology of the gastrointestinal tract of fish and the potential application of probiotics and prebiotics in finfish aquaculture. Int. Aquat. Res., 1: 1-29.
- Eissa, N.M.E., Abou El-Ghiet, E.N., Shaheen, A.A. and Abbass, A. (2010): Characterization of Pseudomonas species isolated from tilapia (Oreochromisniloticus) in Qaroun and Wadi- Elrayan? Lakes, Egypt. Global Veterinaria., 5(2):116-121.
- Elhadi, N. (2014): Prevalence and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella in raw retail frozen imported fresh water fish to eastern province of Saudi Arabia. Asian Pac. J. Trap Biomed., 4(3):234-238.
- El-Hady, M.A. and Samy, A.A. (2011): Molecular typing of Pseudomonas species isolated from some cultured fishes in Egypt. Global Veterinaria., 7(6):576-580.
- El-olemy, G.M., Lobna, M.A., Salem, N., Khalifa, O. and Abd el wahab, M.S. (2014): Detection of some bacterial zoonosis in market fish in Qalyoubia province and their control. Benha Veterinary Medical Journal., 26(2):126-136.
- Escarpulli, G.C., Figueras, M.J., Arreola, G.A., Soler, L., Rendon, E.F., Aparicio, G.O., Guarra, j. and Chacon, M.R. (2003): Characterization of Aeromonas isolated from frozen fish intended for human consumption in Mexico. International Journal of food Microbiology., 84:41-49.
- Fei, W., Hongjun, Y., Hong-bin, H., Changfa, W., Yundong, G., Qifeng, Z., Wiaohong, W. and Yanjun, Z. (2011): Study on the hemolysin phenotype and the genetype distribution of staphylococcusaureus caused bovine mastitis in Shandong dairy farms. J. Appl. Res. Vet. Med., 9(4).
- Galal, H.M., Hakim, A.S. and Dorgham, S.M. (2013): Phenotypic and virulence genes screening of Escherichia coli strains isolated from different sources in delta Egypt, Life science journal., 10(2).
- Gupta, B., Ghatak, S. and Gill, J.P.S. (2013): Incidence and virulence properities of E.coli isolated from fresh fish and ready-to-eat fish products. Vet world., 5-9.
- Haenen, O.I.M., Evans, J.J. and Berthe, F. (2013): Bacterial infections from aquatic species, potential for and prevention of contact zoonoses. Rev. Sci. Tech, Off. Int. Epiz., 32(2):497-507.
- Hassan, A.H.M., Noor Eldeen, A.E., Galal, H.M., SohadDorgham, M., Bakry, M.A. and Hakim, A.S. (2012):Further characterization of Enterobacteriaceae isolated from cultured fresh water fish in KafrElshiekh governorate, Clinical, Biochemical and Histopathological study with emphasis on treatment trials. Global Veterinaria., 9(5):617-629.
- Kamble, S.R., Meshram, U. and Shanware, A.S. (2012): Characterization of Aeromonas species isolated from diseased fish using ERIC-RAPD markers. Aspav. J. MOL. Biol. Biotechnol., 20(3):99-106.
- Kargar, M. and Hamayoon, M. (2015): Prevalence of shiga toxins (stx1, stx2), eaeA and hly genes of Escherichia coli O157:H7 stains among children with acute gastroenteritis in southern of Iran. Asian Pacific Journal of tropical medicine., 24-28.
- Kauffman, G. (1974): Kauffmann white scheme. J. Acta. Path. Microbiol. Sci., 61: 385.
- Kok, T., Worswich, D. and Gowans, E. (1996): Some serological techniques for microbial and viral infections. In Practical Medical Microbiology (Collee, J.; Fraser, A.; Marmion, B. and Simmons, A., eds.), 14th ed., Edinburgh, Churchill Livingstone, UK.
- Koneman, E.W., Allen, S.D., Dowell, V.R. and Summers, H.W. (1983): Color atlas and text book of diagnostic microbiology. 2nd Ed. J.B. Lippincott, New York, London.
- Lima, I.C., Fernandes, A.A., Costa, A.A.P., Velasco, F.o., Leite, R.c. and Hackett, J.L. (2008): Isolation and characterization of Edwardseillatarda from Pacumyleusmicans. Arq. Bras. Med.Vet. Zootec., 60(1):275-277.
- Magdy, I.H., Elhadi, M.A., Ahmed, H.A., Elmeadawy, S.A. and Kenwy, A.M. (2014): Acontribution on Pseudomonasaeruginosa infection in African Catfish (Claris gariepinus). Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological sciences., 5(5).
- Makilla, D.M. (2014): Fish quality survey: Staphylococcusaureus and Salmonella informal markets of Nairobi. Food science and quality management., 33.
- Mansoer, A.J., Mahdi, S.S. and Raesan, S.J. (2014): Isolation and identification of Edwardseilla tarda from the middle intestine of the (Asian Catfish) Silmrustriostegus (Heckel, 1843). Mesopot. J. Mar. Sci., 29(1):1-4.
- Mason, W.J., Blevins, J.S., Beenken, K., Wibowo, N., Ojha, N. and Smeltzer, M.S. (2001): Multiplex PCR Protocol for the Diagnosis of Staphylococcal Infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology., 39(9).
- Mus, T.E., Cetinkaya, F. and Umutcelik. (2014): Occurence of Vibrio, Salmonella and Staphylococcusaureus in retail fresh fish, Mussel and shrimp. Actavet. Brona., 83:75-78.
- Nabih, M.M., Zaki, V.H. and El-Gohary, A.H. (2016): Assesment of some bacterial zoonotic Microganisms from market fishes in four Nile Delta fish species. Asian journal of agriculture research., 1819-1894.
- Nesa, M.K., Khan, M.S.R. and Alam, M. (2011): Isolation, Identification and Charachterization of Salmonellaserovars from Diarroeic stool samples of human. Bangl. J. vet. Med., 9(1):85-93.
- Novotny, L., Dvorska, L., Lorencova, A., Beran, V. and Pavlik, L. (2004): Fish: Apotential source of bacterial pathogens for human beings. Vet. Med. Zech., 49(9): 343-358.
- Nwiyi, P., Onyeabor, A. (2012): Occurance of Salmonella from fresh fish (Tilapia Nilotica Linn) using improved isolation methods.Online Journal of animal and feed research., 2(6):475-478.
- Olivera, S.D., Rodenbusch, C.R., Ce, M.C., Rocha, S.L.S. and Canal, C.W. (2003): Evaluation of selective and non selective enrichment PCR procedures for Salmonella Lett. Appl. Microbiol., 36: 217-221.
- Piva, I.C., Pereira, A.L., Ferraz, L.R., Silva, R.S.N., Vieira, A.C., Blanco, J.E., Blanco, M., Blanco, J. and Giugliano, L.G. (2003): Virulence Markers of EnteroaggregativeEscherichia coliisolated from children and adults with diarrhea in Bras?lia, Brazil. Journal of Clinical Microbiology., pp. 1827?1832.
- Quinn, P.J., Carter, M.E., Markey, B.K., Donnelly, W.J.C. and Leonard, F.C. (2002): Veterinary Microbiology and Microbial diseases. MPG. Book 1st ed. Bodmin, Cornwall, UK.
- Samuel, L., Marian, M.M., Apun, K., Lesley, M.B. and Son, R. (2011): Characterization of Escherichia coli isolated from cultured Catfish by antibiotic resistance and RAPD analysis. International food research journal., 18(3):971-976.
- Saqr, S., Khalie, R. and Ibrahim, M.S. (2016): Antibiotic resistance and virulence genes of E.coli isolated from fresh Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in El- Behera Governorate, Egypt. Alexandria journal of veterinary science., 48(2):83-90.
- Srivani, R. (2001): Studies on antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of Salmonella isolates from Chennai, India. Inter. J. Pharma and Bio Sciences., 2: 435 - 442.
- Sichewo, P.R., Gono, R.K., Muzvondiwa, J.U. and Sizanobuhle, N. (2013): Isolation and identification of pathogenic bacteria in edible fish: A case study of Fletcher Dam in Gweru, Zimbabwe. International Journal of science and research (IJSR), India online., 2(9).
- Sing, C.K., Khan, M.Z.I., Daud, H.H.M. and Aziz, A.R. (2016): Prevalence of Salmonella in African Catfish (Claris gariepinus) obtained from farms and wet markets in Kelantan, Malaysia and their antibiotic resistance. SainsMabysiana., 45(11):159-1602.
- Sambrook, J., Fritscgh, E.F. and Mentiates. (1989): Molecular coloning. A laboratory manual. Vol!., Cold spring Harbor Laboratory press, New York.
- Soliman, M.k., Khalil, R.H., Saad, T.T., El-Gamal, M.H.L. and Gebrail, A.E. (2010): Isolation and identification of E.coli from cultured fresh water. Journal of the Arabian aquaculture society., 5(1).
- Tayo, A.B.C., Odunn, I.N.J.P.N. and Okonko, I.O. (2012): Microbiological and Physiochemical level of fresh catfish(Arius hendelotic) from different markrts in AkwaIbm state, Nigeria, New York Science Journal., 5(4).
- Yadav, Kumar, ,? Ahaduzzaman,? M.D., Islam, Shafiqul, M.D., Siddiki. And Amamzonaed. (2017): Isolation and identification of Salmonella spp. from captive ostriches in Bangladesh by invA gene and sefA gene. Specific PCR and detection of their antimicrobial resistance patterns.Annals of Veterinary and Animal science., 4(1).
- Yagoub, S.O. (2009): Isolation of Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas? From raw fish sold in market in Khartoum state. Journal of Bacteriology research., 1(7): 85-88.
- Yogananth, N., Bhakyaraj, R., Chanthuru, A., Anbalagan, T. and Nila, M. (2009): Detection of virulence gene in Aeromonashydrophilia isolated from fish samples using PCR technique. Global journal of Biotechnology and Biochemistry., 4(1):51-53.
[Ashraf A. Abd El-Tawaab, FatmaI. El-Hofy, Adel M. El-Gamal and Heba O. Ibrahim. (2018); BACTERIOLOGICAL AND MOLECULAR STUDIES ON BACTERIATRANSMITTED FROM FISHES TO HUMAN. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (Jan). 1047-1059] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Veterinary Medicine Directorate, Kafr El-Sheikh branch. Egypt.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/6319
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/6319
Download Full PaperDownload PDF No. of Downloads: 10 | No. of Views: 62
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.