ISCHEMIC STROKE A COMPARATIVE RETROSPECTIVE STUDY: EXPERIENCE OF MILITARY HOSPITAL OF MEKNES
- Anesthesiology & Intensive Care Department, Moulay Ismail Military Hospital, Meknes, Morocco.
- Faculty of Medicine, Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University, Fes, Morocco.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Cerebrovascular accident (stroke) is defined by a localized neurological deficit of sudden onset which persists for at least 24 hours. It is a frequent pathology whose social and economic burden remains very heavy. In Morocco, stroke is responsible for several thousand hospitalizations each year. Its estimated incidence would be 300 /100,000 inhabitants objective of the study is the epidemiological profile, clinical and paraclinical aspects as well as preventive management associated with Ischemic stroke at the intensive care unit of Moulay Ismail military hospital Retrospective study carried out from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. We collected 66 patients for whom all the parameters studied were collected on a preestablished operating sheet then entered into Microsoft Excel, and analyzed using the chi2 software.
The study concerned 66 patients:
1. The mean age of the patients was 64.92 years (range 38 and 82), of which 63.6% of the patients were over 65 years old.
2. High blood pressure was the main risk factor, followed by diabetes type 2 as most of the series described in the literature.
3. The average time between the onset of symptoms and the emergency room visit was 66.2 hours.
4. Hemiplegia was the main clinical sign found on examination.
5. The brain scan q pathological in 93.9% of cases.
6. None of our patients benefited from thrombolysis.
7. The death rate has been estimated at 46.6%.
8. The interest of prevention in reducing the frequency and morbidity â€“ mortality of stroke.
[DIAI Abdellatif, MAAROUFI Ayoub, JEBBAR Nourddine, ELKAISSI Jaber, LAOUTID Jaouad and Hicham Kechna (2023); ISCHEMIC STROKE A COMPARATIVE RETROSPECTIVE STUDY: EXPERIENCE OF MILITARY HOSPITAL OF MEKNES Int. J. of Adv. Res. 11 (Oct). 718-737] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/17761
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/17761
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.