- Cite This Article as
Timber from plantation, growth and conversion in to Wood’s design with the innovation of glulam, cross laminated timber (clt) makes it flexible, suitable for a wide range of building types and applications, both structural and aesthetic. Wood can be used in many types of buildings, from single-family homes to multi-storey condominiums and offices, schools, health facilities, recreational centres and public gathering areas. It is suitable not only as a finish material, bringing warmth and natural beauty to interior and exterior applications, but as a structural material, offering a cost-effective way to meet building code.
- David, D. (2014) in Freshome\'s Very Besthttp://freshome.com. timber-architecture-9- Benefits-wood-based-designs/#ixzz4Y9GMfgWU. Retrieved November 2015.
- Smith, R.C. & Andres C.K., (1986) material for construction fourth edition. McGraw-hill International Editions, Civil Engineering series.
- Kodgire, V.D., (2015) Material Science and Metallurgy for Engineers. ISBN NO: 81-86314-00-8
- Everest publishing house
- http://www.rethinkwood.com/wood-versatile/new-and-innovative-wood-uses. Retrieved November
- https://www.forestfoundation.org/wood--a-versatile-and-innovative-way-to-build. Retrieved November
- Geoffs Woodwork geoffswoodwork.co.uk. Retrieved November 2015.
[Hyeladzira Garba Mshelia, Alhaji Kasir Lawan and Sadig Mala Mohammed. (2017); DEVELOPMENT IN WOODS A SUSTAINABLE BUILDING. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (2). 7-13] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3109 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3109
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.