DEFINING DRY SURFACE AREA OF RAZZAH LAKE BY USING GIS.
- College of Engineering, University of Karbala Dec 2016
- Cite This Article as
Razzah Lake is considered the second largest water depression in Iraq and Euphrates is considered the main feeder through Warar Barrage which connects it to Habaniya Lake which receives water directly from Euphrates. The drop in Euphrates water level has led to a continuous drop in Razzah Lake water level . The research involves specifying the water surface area of the lake for the period 2007, 2010, 2013 using aerial photos of the lake which lies within the administrative boundaries of Karbala Province. A GPS model has been used to locate the dry areas during these periods , It was found that the ;lake dry surface area during the period 2007-2010 was 175,901 sq km while the dry area between 3010 and 2013 was 53,147 sq km, that is three times more.
- Al-Jawahriy, Zuhair Abdul Wahab,Ass.Prof, Building a Digital Elevation Model for Razaza Lake by Using GIS,International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT),ISSN: 2249 ? 8958, Volume-3, Issue 1, October 2013,p294
- Omari, D. Mohammed bin Awad, spatial techniques converted data and information, into digital form, Department of Geography, Faculty of Arts, King Abdul Aziz University, p. 5
- . The General Administration for curriculum design and development, the General Organization for Technical Education and Development Terminator, Saudi Arabia, Rapporteur of the GIS, Survey Section, p. 34
- General Administration to design and develop curricula, op. Cit., P. 37
- Christopher, J,1999.\"Geographical I nformation Systems and Computer Cartography\",Addison Wesley Longman Limited,pp.19-38s.
[Zuhair Abdul Wahab Al jawahery. (2017); DEFINING DRY SURFACE AREA OF RAZZAH LAKE BY USING GIS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 245-251] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2744 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2744
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.