CHECKLIST OF FLOWERING PLANTS SURROUNDING THE WETLANDS IN VADODARA DISTRICT.
- Research Scholar, Department of Botany, University School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380 009. Professor, Department of Botany, University School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380 009.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Wetland is the most productive ecosystems in the world. Aquatic plants are vital components for the proper management of wetland ecosystem for biological productivity and support various organisms. In the present study, diversity of flowering plants surrounding the wetlands in Vadodara District was carried out at selected 19 wetlands in 6 talukas.
- Ali S and Ripley SD (1987) Compact Handbook of the Birds of India and Pakistan. Oxford University Press, Bombay.
- Blackman JG, Gardiner SJ, Morgan MG (1995) Framework for biogeographic inventory, assessment, planning and management of wetland systems: The Queensland approach. Wetland research in the Wet-Dry tropics of Australia.
- Brown M and Dinsmore JJ (1986) Implications of marsh size and isolation for marsh bird management. The Journal of Wildlife Management, 1:392-7.
- Bryce SA, Hughes RM, Kaufmann PR. Development of a bird integrity index: using bird assemblages as indicators of riparian condition. Environmental management. 2002 Aug 1;30(2):294-310.
- Cherry JA (2012) Ecology of wetland ecosystems: water, substrate, and life. Nature Education Knowledge, 3(10):16.
- Cooke T (1967) The Flora of the Presidency of Bombay. Volume I, II and III. Botanical Survey of India, Calcutta.
- Finlayson CM (1995) Wetland research in the wet-dry tropics of Australia. In Workshop, Jabiru NT, 22-24.
- Finlayson CM (1999.) Information needs for wetland management. Max Finlayson and Abbie Speirs.
- Finlayson CM, Hall R, Bayliss B (1998) Regional review of wetlands management issues: wet-dry tropics of northern Australia. Land and Water Resources Research and Development Corporation.
- Gonzalves EA and Joshi DB (1985) The seasonal sucession of the algae in a tank of Bandra. Journal of Bombay Natural History Society. 46: 154-176.
- Gopal B (2005) Biodiversity in Freshwater Ecosystems Including Wetlands, Biodiversity and Conservation in India, A Status Report.
- Gosselink JG and Turner RE (1978) Role of hydrology in freshwater wetland ecosystems. Freshwater wetlands.
- Groombridge B and Jenkins M (1998) Freshwater biodiversity: a preliminary global assessment.Mitsch WJ and Gosselink JG (2000) The value of wetlands: importance of scale and landscape setting. Ecological Economics, 35(200): 25–33.
- Nirmal Kumar JI, Kumar RN, Bhatt I (2005) Study of Cultural Eutrophication in Relation to Plant Diversity of Wetland: Ratheshwar in Central Gujarat. Aquatic Biodiversity in India: The Present Scenario, 243.
- Parikh P, Unadkat K and Nagar P (2015) Study of aquatic weeds in two ponds of Vadodara, Gujarat. IJAPRR (International Peer Reviewed Refereed Journal), 2(1);1-7.
- Prasad SN, Ramachandra TV, Ahalya N, Sengupta T, Kumar A, Tiwari AK, Vijayan VS and Vijayan L (2002) Conservation of wetlands of India-a review. Tropical Ecology, 43(1):173-86.
- Shah GL (1978) The flora of Gujarat State. Vol-I and II. Sardar Patel University Press, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Anand, India.
- Singh DH (2003) Marine Protected Areas of India: Status of Coastal Wetland Conservation. Gujarat Ecological Education and Research Foundation, Gandhinagar.
- Solanki HA (2001) Study on pollution of soils and water reservoirs near industrial areas of Baroda. D Thesis submitted to Bhavnagar University,Bhavnagar.
- Soni HB, Dabhi M and Thomas S (2013) Surface water quality assessment and conservation measures of two pond ecosystems of Central Gujarat. International Research Journal of Chemistry, 3(3):69-81.
- Verboom J, Foppen R, Chardon P, Opdam P and Luttikhuizen P (2001) Introducing the key patch approach for habitat networks with persistent populations: an example for marshland birds. Biological conservation, 100(1):89-101.
[Mamta K. Joshi, Rupesh Maurya, Umerfaruq Qureshi and Hitesh A. Soalnki. (2017); CHECKLIST OF FLOWERING PLANTS SURROUNDING THE WETLANDS IN VADODARA DISTRICT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 336-348] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2752 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2752
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.