- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Introduction: Relocation of posterior occlusal plane is of prime importance in prosthodontic practice. Various landmarks are used to determine the occlusal plane like lateral border of the tongue, retromolar pad, ala- tragus line, cephalometry. The purpose of this study was to determine which part of the retromolar pad correlates with the occlusal plane in kashmiri population. Material and methods: The study was done on 50 males and 50 females. A stainless steel scale was used to record the level of retromolar pad coinciding with the occlusal plane intraorally. Results: In majority of subjects occlusal plane coincided with middle part of retromolar pad in both males and females. Conclusion: In kashmiri population middle third of retro molar pad can be taken as a reliable landmark for relocating occlusal plane in complete denture construction.
- Academy of Denture Prosthetics: Glossary of Prosthodontics terms 2008, GPT 8 page 57
- Lang B. & Swartz W:Clinical dentistry, book5. Clark J Series editor. Hagerstown, Md;1979,Harper & Row publishers; Chap 12, P 9
- Shigli, B.R.Chetal, J.Jabade.Validity of soft tissue landmarks in determining the occlusal plane. Journal of Indian prosthodontic society 2005; 5 (3): 139-144
- Celebic, M.Valentic-Peruzovic. A Study of the occlusal plane orientation by intraoral method (retromolar pad). Journal Of Oral Rehabilitation 1995; 22: 233-236
- Piermatti J. Tooth position in full mouth implant restorations-a case report.Gen Dent 2006;54:209-13
- Rahn and CM. Heartwell:Textbook of complete dentures.5th ed.Wolters kluwer Co;1986
- Rubina Gupta, Himanshu Aeran, S.P.Singh. Relationship of anatomic landmarks with occlusal plane. JIPS 2009; 9 (3): 142-144
- Donald O.Lundquist, Colonel, and Wallace W.Luther. Occlusal plane determination. J Prosthet Dent 1970; 23(5): 489-498.
[Nazia Majeed Zargar and Falak Naz. (2017); LOCATION OF POSTERIOR OCCLUSAL PLANE WITH REFERANCE TO RETROMOLAR PAD IN KASHMIRI POPULATION. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 1003-1005] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Governement Dental College, Srinagar, JAmmu and Kashmir
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2843 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2843
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.