ADSORPTION STUDIES OF PB (II) FROM AQUEOUS SOLUTION BY USING MODIFIED DATE PALM TRUNK.
- Department of Chemistry, Noida International University Greater Noida (U.P.) India. College of Biotechnology, I.T.S Paramedical College Murad Nagar, Ghaziabad (U.P.) India. Department of Chemistry, Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur (U.P.) India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Ethylenediamine modified date palm trunk an attractive approach for improvement of lead (II) uptake from aqueous solutions. Factors influencing Pb(II) adsorption onto MDPT such as initial Pb (II) concentration, pH, contact time, and adsorbent dosage were investigated. The adsorption equilibrium was established within 120 min. Before and after adsorption, MDPT was characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR). The results showed that the pseudo-second order model fits the experimental data very well. The equilibrium data have been analysed using Langmuir and Freundlich isotherm models. The recovery of Pb(II) adsorbed on MDPT was found 98.5% using 0.2 M HCl. Desorption experiments showed the feasibility of the regeneration of MDPT.
- Hamidpour, M. Kalbasi, M. Afyuni, H. Shariatmadari, P.E. Hlm and H.C.B. Hansen, “Sorption hyysteresis of Cd(II) and Pb(II) on natural zeolite and bentonite,” J. Hazard. Mater., vol. 181, pp. 686– 691, 2010.
- Cheng and Y. Hu, “Lead(II) isotopic finger printing and its applications in lead pollution Studies in china: A review,” Environ. Pollut., vol. 58, pp. 1134-1146, 2010.
- Dhruv Kumar Singh and Sunil Kumar Yadav, Kinetics, Isotherms and Mechanisms of Cr (VI) Adsorption onto Activated Date Palm Trunk (DPT), International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology, EATHD-2015, 14-15 March, (142- 147) 2015.
- Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh & Shishir Sinha, Adsorption study of lead(II) onto xanthated date palm trunk: kinetics, isotherm and mechanism, Desalination and Water Treatment 51 (2013) 6798–6807.
- T. Bisson, L. C. W. Maclean, Y. Hu, and Z. Xu, Characterization of mercury binding onto a novel brominated biomass ash sorbent by x?ray absorption spectroscopy, Environ. Sci. Technol., 46 (2012) 12186?12193.
- Larous, A.-H. Meniai and M.B. Lehocine, Experimental study of the removal of copper from aqueous solutions by adsorption using sawdust, Desalination, 185 (2005) 483–490.
- Nasernejad, T.E. Zadeh, B.B. Pour, M.E. Bygi and A. Zamani, Comparison for biosorption modeling of heavy metals (Cr (III), Cu (II), Zn (II)) adsorption from wastewater by carrot residues, Process Biochem., 40 (2005) 1319–1322.
- , Aksu and I. A. Isoglu, Removal of copper(II) ions from aqueous solution by biosorption onto agricultural waste sugar beet pulp, Process Biochem., 40 (2005) 3031–3044.
- S. Ho and C. C. Wang, Sorption equilibrium of mercury onto ground-up tree fern, J.Hazard. Mater., 156 (2008) 398–404.
- K. Krishnani, X. Meng, C. Christodoulatos and V.M. Boddu, Biosorption mechanism of nine different heavy metals onto biomatrix from rice husk, J. Hazard. Mater., 153 (2008) 1222–1234.
- K. Yadav, S. Sinha, D.K. Singh, Removal of Lead(II) from Aqueous Solution using Papaya Seed Carbon: Characteristics and Kinetics Study, International Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering,4, (2013) 127-136.
- Ghodbane and O. Hamdaoui, Removal of mercury (II) from aqueous media using eucalyptus bark: Kinetic and equilibrium studies, J. Hazard. Mater., 160 (2008) 301– 309.
- Sunil Kumar Yadav, Shishir Sinha, and Dhruv Kumar Singh, Chromium(VI) Removal from Aqueous Solution and Industrial Wastewater by Modified Date PalmTrunk,Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 34, (2015) 452–460.
- Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh and Shishir Sinha, Adsorptive Removal of Hg(II) from Synthetic and Real Aqueous Solutions Using Modified Papaya Seed, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 37(2016) 1613–1622.
- Shu, P. Lu and N. He, Mercury adsorption of modified mulberry twig chars in a simulated flue gas, Bioresource Technol., 136 (2013) 182–187.
- Jamaluddin Ahmed and Md. Shah Alam, A rapid spectrophotometric method for the determination of mercury in environmental, biological, soil and plant samples using diphenylthiocarbazone, Spectroscopy, 17 (2003) 45–52.
- Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh, and Shishir Sinha, Chemical carbonization of papaya seed originated charcoals for sorption of Pb(II) from aqueous solution, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 2 (2014) 9–19.
- Lagergren, About the theory of so called adsorption of soluble substances, kungliga svenska vetenskap sakademiens, Handlingar, 24 (04) (1898) 1-39.
- Kim, K. Lee, Application of cellulose xanthate for the removal of nickel ion from aqueous solution, J. Korean Soc. Eng., 20 (1998) 247–254.
- Langmuir, The Adsorption of gases on plane surfaces of glass, mica and platinum, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 40 (9) (1918) 1361-1403.
- Freundlich, Ueber dye adsorption in loesungen, Z. Phys. Chem., 57(1907) 385- 470.
- McKay, H. S. Blair and J. R. Gardener, Adsorption of dyes on chitin-1, equilibrium studies, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 27 (1982) 3043–3057.
[Meenakshi Pandey, Brahm Kumar Tiwari Abhilekha Sharma, Fanish Kumar Pandey and Sunil Kumar Yadav. (2017); ADSORPTION STUDIES OF PB (II) FROM AQUEOUS SOLUTION BY USING MODIFIED DATE PALM TRUNK. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 517-525] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
College of Biotechnology, I.T.S Paramedical College Murad Nagar, Ghaziabad (U.P.) India
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2776 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2776
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.