- Cite This Article as
India is described as a union of states and the bulk of responsibility for social and economic development lies with the state governments. It is accepted that it is the duty of the state governments to ensure that every citizen can enjoy the primary necessities of life proportionate with need. Therefore state government expenditure is an important instrument for the protection and promotion of socio-economic welfare of the people. An important issue which has gained prominence in the recent years is the impact of economic reforms on the expenditure pattern of state governments. The core of this study is to analyze the pattern of public expenditure in Tamil Nadu during pre and post reform period in order to understand the impact of economic reforms on that.
- Ashok K.Lahiri, (2000) “Sub National Public Finance in India”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol.XXXV, No.18, April 29, p.1543.
- Atul Sarma(2000), “Gujarat Finances: Reform of Budgetary Management”, Economic and Political Weekly, Aug26-Sep2, pp.3125-3136
- Guhan ,M.S.(1979), State Finances in Tamil Nadu, Madras Institute for Developmental Studies, Madras, p.259.
- Jegadish Gandhi,P. (2013), “Socio- Economy of Tamil Nadu : An Overview”, Tamil Nadu Economy Issue, December 15, 29
- Mahendra Dev,(2000), “Economic Reforms, Poverty, Income Distribution and Employment”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol.35, No.10(Mar 4-10), pp.823-835.
- Manoj Dolli(2012), “Trends and Growth of Public Expenditure in India During 2001-12, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management, Vol.2, No.4, April, pp.55-56.
- Mathur, K.P.L.(2001), “ India: Fiscal Reforms and Public Expenditure Management”, JBIC Research Paper No.11, Sep, pp.70-71
- M., “State Finances In India – An Analysis”, Southern Economist, Vol.41, No.9, September1, 2002. Pp.5-7
- Rangarajan,C.(2001), “Better Expenditure Management will Accelerate Growth”, Southern Economist,40, No.60, July 15, P.10
- Seema Joshi(2006), “ Impact of Economic Reforms on Social Sector Expenditure in India”, Economic and Political Weekly, Jan 28, pp.359-360.
- Seeta Prabhu, K. (1994), “ Structural Adjustment with a Human Face”, Economic and Political Weekly, April 16-23, p.1021
- RBI Bulletin – Various Issues
- Economic Survey – Various Surveys
- Hand Book of Statistics on Indian Economy – Various Issues.
- RBI Website.
[G. Mahalakshmi and C. Ramesh. (2017); IMPACT OF ECONOMIC REFORMS IN EXPENDITURE PATTERN OF TAMIL NADU Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 679-684] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2798 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2798
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.