SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATE OF SOME NEW 1,2,4-TRIAZOLES TO MODIFY EPOXY RESINS IN THE FIELD OF ANTI-MICROBIAL AND ANTI-CORROSIVE ORGANIC COATING.
- Assist. Professor, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science(Girls), Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Some recent amino triazole derivatives mainly 4-amino-5- (trifluoromethyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol (I) , 4-((4-chlorobenzylidene)amino)-5-(trifluoromethyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol (?I), 4-((furan-2-ylmethylene)amino)-5-(trifluoromethyl)-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol (?I?) and Ni [ II ] complex (IV ) were synthesized and their chemical structures were confirmed by spectral data . The synthesized amino triazole compounds (I-IV) were physically incorporated into epoxy coating formula by the ratio of 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0% by weight, in order to achieve a proper ratio of amino triazole derivatives to produce a green epoxy formulation for surface coating application. The modified epoxy varnishes were evaluated as anti-corrosion performance of mild steel coated specimens by employing salt spray test, also their antimicrobial activity against six different microbial strains mainly are Gram- positive bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC25923) and Bacillus subtilis (ATCC6635), Gram – negative bacteria: Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922) and Salmonella typhimurium (ATCC 14028) and Yeast: Candida albicans (ATCC 10231) and Fungus: Aspergillus fumigates were screened.
- Maiorana, B.Subramaniam, R.Centore, X. Han, J. Robert,Linhardt, A. Gross, \" Synthesis and Characterization of an Adipic Acid – Derived Epoxy Resin\", J. POLYMER SCIENCE, 54 (2016) 2625–2631.
- Abd El-Khalik, \"Evaluation of Some Chromene Derivatives as Additives in Fire Retardant and Anticorrosive Coating Composition\", The International J. Of Science &Technoledge, 4 (2016) 140-147.
- A. Sorensen, S.Kiil, K. Dam-Johansen, C.E. Weinell, \" Anticorrosive coatings: a review\", J. Coat. Technol. Res, 6 (2009) 135-176.
- Nakazawa,\" Mechanism of Adhesion of Epoxy Resin to Steel Surface\", J. Nippon Steel Technical Report, 63 (1994) 16-22..
- M. Green, H. A. Wittcoff, Organic Chemistry Principles and Industrial Practice; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim; 2003.
- L. Haynes, D. M. James,\" Antimicrobial surfaces and inhibition of microorganism growth thereby\", US Pat.;4886505 (1989).
- R. Kenawy, S. D. Worley, R. Broughton, \"The chemistry and applications of antimicrobial polymers\", J. Biomacromolecules, 8 ( 2007 ) 1359–1384 .
- L. Knetsch and L. H. Koole,\"New Strategies in the Development of Antimicrobial Coatings: The Example of Increasing Usage of Silver and Silver Nanoparticles\"; J. Polymers, 3 (2011) 340–366.
- Lede?i,V.Bercean,A.Alexa,C.?oica,L.M.?uta, C.Dehelean, C.Trandafirescu, D.Muntean, M. Licker, A.Fulia?, \" Preparation and Antibacterial Properties of Substituted 1,2,4-Triazoles\"; J. Chemistry, 2015 (2015) 1-5.
- Y. Zhang, B. L. Wang, Y. Z. Zhan, Y. Zhang, X. Zhang, Z. M. Li;\" Synthesis and biological activities of some fluorine- and piperazine-containing 1,2,4-triazole thione derivatives\"; J. Chinese Chemical Letters, 27 (2016) 163–167.
- H. Sumrra and Z. H. Chohan, “Metal based new triazoles: their synthesis, characterization and antibacterial/antifungal activities\", J. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 98 (2012) 53–61.
- Zoumpoulakis, C. Camoutsis, G. PairasM. Sokovic , J. Glamoclija, C. Potamitis, A. Pitsas , “Synthesis of novel sulfonamide-1,2,4-triazoles, 1,3,4-thiadiazoles and 1,3,4-oxadiazoles, as potential antibacterial and antifungal agents. Biological evaluation and conformational analysis studies”; J. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 20 (2012) 1569–1583.
- Maddila, R. Pagadala, S. B. Jonnalagadda, “1,2,4-Triazoles: a review of synthetic approaches and the biological activity”; J. Letters in Organic Chemistry, 10 (2013) 693–714.
- Sharma, S. Ahmad, A. M. Shamsher, “Bioactive Triazoles: a potential review”; J. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 4 (2012) 5157–5164.
- M. Antonijevic, M. B. Petrovic, “Copper corrosion inhibitors. A review”; International J. Electrochemical Science, 3 (2008) 1 – 28.
- Kantheti, R. Narayan, K. V. S. N. Raju,\" Development of moisture cure polyurethane–urea coatings using 1,2,3-triazole core hyper branched polyesters\"; J. Coat. Technol. Res, 10 (2013) 609–619.
- Frgata, S. Renieri, A. Cristina, A. Elisabete ,\"Compatibility and Incompatibility in Anticorrosive Painting -The Particular Case of Maintenance Painting); J. Prog. Org. Coat. 56 (2006) 257-268.
- Shah, G.B. Bhagchandani, \"Anti Corrosive Rubber Coating\"; International J. of Engineering Sciences &Research Technology, 2 (2013) 443-447.
- Copal, P. Dwivedi, S. Sundaram,R.Prakash,\" inhibitive effect of chlorophytumborivilianum root extract on mild steel corrosion in HCl and H2SO4 solutions\"; J. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 52 (2013) 10673–10681.
- C.Kamal, Sethuraman, M.G.Opuntiol ,\"An active principle of opuntiaelatior as an eco-friendlyinhibitor of corrosion of mild steel in acid medium\"; J. Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2 (2014) 606–613.
- Adardour, R. Touir, Y. Ramli, R. A. Belakhmima, M. EbnTouhami,C. KalonjiMubengayi, H. El Kafsaoui, E. M. Essassi , \" Comparative inhibition study of mild steel corrosion in hydrochloric acid by new class synthesized quinoxaline derivatives: part I\"; J. Res ChemIntermed 39 (2013) 1843–1855.
- Tamilselvi, S. Rajeswari \"The effect of triazoles and surfactants on the corrosion inhibition of carbon steel in acid solution\"; J. Anti-Corrosion Methods and Materials, 50 (2003) 223–231.
- Schmidt, G. ,“Applications of inhibitors for acid media”; British Corrosion, 19 (1984) 165-176.
- Mernari, L. El Kadi, S. Kertit, “2,5Bis (2-Thienyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazole as corrosion inhibitor of mild steel in acidic media”; J. Bull. Electrochem, 17 (2001) 115-122.
- A. Quraishi, J.Rawat, M.Ajmal, “Dithiobiurets: a novel class of acid corrosion inhibitors for mild steel”; J. Appl. Electrochem, 30 (2000) 745-751.
- M. Achouri, S. Kertit, M. Salem, E. M.Essassi, M. Jellal, “3-mercapto 1,2,4-triazole derivatives as corrosion inhibitors for iron in hydrochloric acid solution”; J. Bull. Electrochem. 14 (1998) 462-468.
- Bentiss, M. Traisnel, M.Lagrenee; “Inhibition of acidic corrosion of mild steel by 3,5-diphenyl-4H-1,2,4-triazole,”; J. Applied Surface Science, 161 (2000) 194–202.
- G. Gamal; “Effect of copper cation on corrosion of steel by tolytriazole in acid medium”; J. Chem. Technol., 7 (2000) 300-306.
- A. Quraishi, M. Q. Ansari, S. Ahmad, G. Venkatachari; “Influence of some multifunctional triazoles on corrosion of mild steel in boiling hydrochloric acid solutions”; J.Bull. Electrochem., 14 (1998) 302-305.
- Chen , X. F. Wang , S.Wang,Y. X.Feng , F. Chen ,C. L. Yang; \" Synthesis, characterization and fungicidal activities of novel fluorinated 3,5-disubstituted-4H-1,2,4-triazol-4-amines\"; J. Fluorine Chemistry 135 (2012) 323–329.
- G. Heatley; \"A method for the assay of penicillin\"; J. Biochem.; 38 (1944) 61–65.
- K. Singh, O.P. Pandey, S.K. SenguptaSpectrochim ; \"Synthesis, spectral characterization and biological activity of zinc(II) complexes with 3-substituted phenyl-4-amino-5-hydrazino-1, 2, 4-triazole Schiff bases\"; J. Spectrochimica Acta, 85 (2012) 1– 6.
- P. Tyagi, S. Chandra, B.S. Saraswat, D. Yadav, Spectrochim; \"Design, spectral characterization, thermal, DFT studies and anticancer cell line activities of Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) complexes of Schiff bases derived from 4-amino-5-(pyridin-4-yl)-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol\"; J. Spectrochimica Acta, 145 (2015) 155–164.
- Rakshit,D. Palit, S. K.S. Hazari, S. Rabi, T. G. Roy, F. Olbrich, D. Rehder, \"Synthesis, characterization and biomedical activities of molybdenum complexes of tridentate Schiff base ligands. Crystal and molecular structure of [MoO2(L10)(DMSO)] and [MoO2(L11)(DMSO)\"; J. Polyhedron 117 (2016) 224–230.
- Asadi, M. Asadi, M. R. Shorkaei, \" Synthesis, characterization and DFT study of new water-soluble aluminum(III), gallium(III) and indium(III) Schiff base complexes: effect of metal on the binding propensity with bovine serum albumin in water\"; J. Iran. Chem. Soc. 13 (2016) 429–442.
- Jazestani, H, Chiniforoshan, L, Tabrizi, P. McArdle, B. Notash, \"Synthesis, crystal structure of nickel (II) complexes of 4-nitro phenylcyanamide: Comparative in vitro evaluations of biological perspectives\"; J. Inorganic Chim. Acta, 450 (2016) 402–410.
- Mathew, M. Sithambaresan, M. R. P. Kurup, \" Spectral studies of copper (II) complexes of tridentate acylhydrazone ligands with heterocyclic compounds as coligands: X-ray crystal structure of one acylhydrazone copper (II) complex\"; J. Spectrochim. Acta, 79 (2011) 1154– 1161.
- Haythem , Saadeh, Ibrahim M. Mosleh, Amal G. Al-Bakri, Mohammad S. Mubarak \" Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new 1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol metronidazole derivatives\"; J. Monatshefte für Chemie, 141 (2010) 471–478 .
- Nurhan G¨UMR¨UKC, ¨UO?GLU, Mevlut SERDAR, Elif C ?EL?IK, Ali SEV?IM , Neslihan DEM?IRBAS \" Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activities of Some New 1,2,4-Triazole Derivatives \"; J. Turk . Chem., 31 (2007) 335 – 348.
- Sasidhar,N. Ramanuj, K. V. S. N. Raju,\" The impact of 1,2,3-triazoles in the design of functional coatings\"; J. RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 3687–3708.
[N. Abd El-Khalik. (2017); SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATE OF SOME NEW 1,2,4-TRIAZOLES TO MODIFY EPOXY RESINS IN THE FIELD OF ANTI-MICROBIAL AND ANTI-CORROSIVE ORGANIC COATING. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (1). 66-77] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Assist. Professor, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science(Girls), Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/2721 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/2721
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.