- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Earth consists of unicellular and multicellular organisms. Unicellular organisms like bacterium and multi cellular organisms like flora and fauna. Since plant species cannot survive on their own from artificial disasters, it is the responsibility of human beings to protect plant species from such calamities. In order to meet that goal, it is necessary to classify the different plant species and prevent them from extinction. Even though there are huge numbers of databases existing for plant species, there are some species which are still unknown to humans. So it is essential to distinguish the different plant species and classify them into proper categories and protect them. Earlier, manual databases were there for getting this job done. But as technology progressed, automation has its effect in almost all the fields. Classification of plant species through automation is possible through methods like leaf recognition technique. Leaf recognition has its own advantages; apart from the classification plant species, it also helps in recognizing various diseases which can result in their extinction. Much research works happened in the field of leaf recognition. Most of the researchers used extraction techniques involving spatial or frequency domain. Only few researchers used features extracted using both frequency and spatial domain. In this paper we are trying to come up with a reason for less researches being conducted in the field of leaf database in India.
- A review on plant recognition and classification techniques using leaf images anantbhardwaj*1, manpreet kaur2
- Sandeep kumar e. ?leaf, colour, area and edge features based approach for identification of indian plants? indian journal of computer science and engineering (ijcse), issn : 0976-5166, vol. 3 no.3 jun-jul 2012.
- Brendon j. woodford, nikola k. kasabov and c. howardwearing: fruit image analysis using wavelets.
- hossain and m.a.amin, ?leaf shape identification based plant biometrics?, 13th international conference on computer and information technology (iccit), pp. 458-463, 2010.
- Stephen gang wu, forrest sheng bao, eric you xu, yu-xuanwang, yi-fan chang and qiao-liangxiang (2007) ?a leaf recognition algorithm for plant classification using probabilistic neural network?, arxiv:0707.4289vl [cs.ai].
- Abdul kadir, l.e. nugroho, a.susanto, p.insapsantosa, ?experiments of zernike moments for leaf identification?, journal of theoretical and applied information technology, 15 july 2012. vol. 41 no.1.
- valliammal,dr.s.n.geethalakshmi .:hybrid image segmentation algorithm for leaf recognition and characterization, ?2011 ieee
- Jyotismitachaki, ranjanparekh.: plant leaf recognition using shape based features and network classifiers,(ijacsa) international journal of advanced computer science and applications, vol. 2, no. 10, 2011.
- wu, f. bao, e. xu, y. wang, y. chang, and q. xiang, ?a leaf recognition algorithm for plant classification using probabilistic neural network,? ieee 7th international symposium on signal processing and information technology, december 2007.
- Fu, Z. Chi, D. Feng, and J. Song, ?Machine learning techniques for ontology-based leaf classification,? IEEE 2004 8th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Kunming, China, 2004.
- Du, D. Huang, X. Wang, and X. Gu, ?Shape recognition based on radial basis probabilistic neural network and application to plant species identification,? in Proceedings of 2005 International Symposium of Neural Networks, ser. LNCS 3497. Springer, 2005.
- Prasad, P. Kumar and R.C. Tripathi, ?Plant leaf species identification using Curvelet transform?, 2nd International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), Pp. 646?652, 2011.
- -X. Du, X.-F. Wang and G.-J. Zhang, \"Leaf shape based plant species recognition,\" Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 185, 2007.
- H. Reiss, ?The Revised Fundamental Theorem of Moment Invariants?, IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell., Vol. PAMI-13, No. 8, August 1991, pp 830-834.
- SidharthaMa?tre,?Moment invariant ?,IEEE Preceding vol. 67, no. 4.
[Aby Joseph and Dr. Anita H. B. (2017); LEAF CLASSIFICATION USING IMAGE PROCESSING: A REVIEW. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (3). 28-32] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3479 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3479
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.