PRENATAL DIAGNOSIS WITH GENETIC COUNSELING IN UHC SPLIT, CROATIA.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Outpetient Clinic, Split, Croatia.
- Department for Medical Genetics with Laboratory for Human Genetics and Genetic Counseling Unit, Paediatrics Clinic, University Hospital Centre Split, Croatia.
- School of Medicine, University of Split, Split, Croatia.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinics, University Hospital Centre Split, University of Split, School of Medicine, Split, Croatia.
- Cytogenetic Laboratory, Paediatrics Clinic, Clinical Hospital Centre Zagreb, Croatia.
- Institute Ru?er Boškovi?, Division of Molecular Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Abstract Purpose: The purpose of this study was to document the cytogenetic data obtained from amniotic fluid analysis, as a part of prenatal diagnosing. Methods: 1.441 samples were analyzed by standard cytogenetic method. Results: Indications for amniocentesis were divided into six groups. Of them advanced maternal age was the most common, and, as expected, it was associated with the largest number of pathological cytogenetic findings. Conclusion: In comparison to other indicators for amniocentesis, advanced maternal age had a highest positive predictive value. Key words: prenatal diagnosing, genetic counseling, cytogenetic analysis, amniocentesis
- Shapira SK, Dolan S (2006) Genetic risks to the mother and the infant: assessment, counselling, and management. Matern Child Health J 10(Suppl5):143-6.
- Stembalska A, Slezak R, Pesz K, Gil J, Sasiadek M (2007) Prenatal diagnosis-principles of diagnostic procedures and genetic counseling. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 45 (Suppl1):11-6.
- Miškovi? S, ?uli? V, Konjevoda P, Paveli? J. Positive reproductive family history for spontaneous abortion - predictor for recurrent miscarriage in young couples. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 161:182-186, 2012.
- Wieacker P, Steinhard J (2010) The prenatal diagnosis of genetic diseases. Dtsch Arztebl Int 107:857-62.
- Neagos D, Cretu R, Sfetea RC, Bohiltea LC (2011) The importance of screening and prenatal diagnosis in the identification of the numerical chromosomal abnormalities. Maedica (Buchar) 6:179-84.
- Ekin A, Gezer C, Taner CE, Ozeren M, Avci ME, Uyar I, Ertas IE (2014) Cytogenetic analysis of 6,142 amniocentesis cases: a 6-year single centre experience. J Obstet Gynaecol34:571-5.
- Yang YH, Kang JY, Yang ES, Jang SY, Cho JS, Park YW, Kim IK, Kim SK, Nam MS. Clinical usefulness of fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in the diagnosis of genetic disease. Korean J Obstet Gynecol. 2002;45:1016-25.
- Tseng JJ, Chou MM, Lo FC, Lai HY, Chen MH, Ho ES. Detection of chromosome aberrations in the second trimester using genetic amniocentesis: experience during 1995-2004. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;45:39-41.
- Ocak Z, Ozlu T, Yazicioglu HF, Ozyurt O, Aygun M (2014) Clinical and cytogenetic results of a large series of amniocentesis cases from Turkey: report of 6124 cases. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 40:139-46.
- Lim HJ, Kim YJ, Yang JH. Amniotic fluid interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) for detection of aneuploidy; experiences in 130 prenatal cases. J Korean Med Sci. 2002;17:589-92.
- Pergament E, Chen PX, Thangavelu M, Fiddler M. The clinical application of interphase FISH in prenatal diagnosis. Prenat Diagn. 2000; 20:215-20.
- Han SH, Kang JS, An JW, LEE AN, Yang JH, Lee KP, Lee KR. Rapid prenatal diagnosis of chromosome aneuploidies in 943 uncultured amniotic fluid samples byfluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). Prenat Diagn. 2008;5:47-54.
- Prokreacija. In: ?uli? V, Paveli? J, Radman M, editors. Geneti?ko informiranje u praksi. 1st Zagreb, Croatia: Medicinska naklada; 2016:248-89.
- Willems PJ, Dierickx H, Vandenakker E, Bekedam D, Segers N, Deboulle K, Vereecken A (2014) The first 3,000 non-invasive prenatal tests?(NIPT) with the Harmony test in Belgium and the Netherlands. Facts Views Vis Obgyn 6:7-12.
- Pettit KE, Hull AD, Korty L, Jones MC, Pretorius DH (2014) Noninvasive prenatal testing: a replacement for chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis for advanced maternal age? ObstetGynecol 123 (Suppl 1):165-6.
[Robert Vulic, Vida Culic, Silvana Miskovic, Ivana Gunjaca, Damir Roje, Ruzica Lasan and Jasminka Pavelic. (2017); PRENATAL DIAGNOSIS WITH GENETIC COUNSELING IN UHC SPLIT, CROATIA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (3). 1272-1276] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Paediatrics, genetics, genetic counseling, cytogenetics
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3632 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3632
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.