A CASE STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF PUNARNAVA (Boerhavia diffusa.Linn) IN GALACTORRHOEA.
- Dept of Samhita and Siddhanta. Asst. professor of Raghunath Ayurved Mahavidyalaya and hospital. Contai, PurvaMedinipur.WestBengal.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Galactorrhoea is one of the common complain found in adolescence to post menopausal women. Though it has varied etiology but most common cause is hyperprolactenemia. Long term use of hormonal therapy is the only way of management in modern medical science. This gives scope to find alternative treatment measures to relieve the patient from physical, mental, social discomfort and also harmful effect of long term hormonal therapy. In Ayurveda, galactorrhoea can be compared to a symptom manifesting due to Rasavaha sroto dusti. Here type of srotodusti is Atipravritti. Stanya(milk) is the upadhatu of rasa dhatu. Galactorrhoea is nothing but Stanyavriddhi. The objective of the treatment includes finding out exact culprit for galactorrhoea and symptomatic relief. The present study has been conducted on a patient suffering from galactorrhoea for fifteen days which is due to mild elevation of serum prolactine level. The treatment plan includes Langhan in term of dietary restriction, life style modification and capsule Punarnava and capsule Trikatu orally. After ten days galactorrhoea stop and patient was symptomatically fine. The pathogenesis, treatment details, mode of action, result are discussed in detail in full paper.
- Jardines L. Management of nipple discharge.Am Surg. 1996; 62: 119-22.
- John E Hall, Gyton and Hall Text book of pathology. Second south Asian Edision,Published by RELX Indian Private Limited, 2016,p-694.
- Lee D-Y, Oh Y-K, Yoon B-K, Choi D. Prevalence of hyperprolactinemia in adolescents and young women with menstruation-related problems.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012. 206:213.e1-5.
- Melmed S, Casanueva FF, Hoffman AR, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Feb. 96(2):273-88. [Medline].
- Bope ET. Hyperprolactinemia. In: Conn\'s Current Therapy 2015. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed 6, 2015.
- Sharma Ram Karan and Dash Bhagawan, Carak Samhita, Cikitsa Sthan, 15 th chapter, verse-17, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Series Office, Varanasi, Reprint 2014, 4th? volume, p-14.
- Sushurut samhita of Maharishi Sushurut, English commentary by Prof K.R. Srikantha Murthy, volume-1, Chaukhambha orientalia, Varanasi, reprint 2010, Sutra sthan, 15th chapter, shlok-5,p- 99.
- Sushurut samhita of Maharishi Sushurut, English commentary by Prof K.R. Srikantha Murthy, volume-1, Chaukhambha orientalia, Varanasi, reprint 2010, Sutra sthan, 15th chapter, shlok-16,p- 103.
- Sharma R.K and Dash Bhagawan, editors. Caraka Samhita. 7th edition Vol-2, Vimansthan5\\13, Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit series office; 2015.p-178.
- Sastri J.L.N, Drabya Guna Vijnana. Chaukhambha orientalia ,Varanasi, 3 rd Edition 2008,3 rd vol, p-437-441.
- Mishra S,Bhavaprokash (Hindi), Chaukhambha Sanskrit Bhawan, Varanasi, 11 th? Edition 2010, 1 st part, p-426-
- Chopra, Ghosh and De, Indian Meditional Gazette.2002; 31:122-124,
- Sharma P.C. et al, Data base on Medicinal Plants used in Ayurveda, Central council for Research in Ayurveda & Siddha, New Delhi,2001 1 st Vol, p-264.
[Khatun Hazera. (2017); A CASE STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF PUNARNAVA (Boerhavia diffusa.Linn) IN GALACTORRHOEA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (3). 1907-1911] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Dept of Samhita and Siddhanta. Asst. professor of Raghunath Ayurved Mahavidyalaya and hospital. Contai, PurvaMedinipur, WestBengal
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3709 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3709
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.