- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
An experiment was conducted at the department of Horticulture, Khalsa College, Amritsar(Punjab) during the year 2016-17 to study the role of foliar spray of NAA(50,75,100 ppm), 2,4-D (30,40,50ppm) and Urea(1%, 1.5% and 2%) on yield and quality of guava cv. Allahabad Safeda. The design of experiment was Randomised Block Design (RBD) with factorial arrangement. The results of the study indicated that foliar spray of 50 ppm 2,4-D was found to be the best for increasing yield(47.39Kg/tree). Maximum fruit length at harvest (8.90 cm), fruit weight(203.0 g) were recorded under foliar application of 100 ppm NAA. Various quality parameters namely total sugars(10.46%),reducing sugars(4.99 %), non-reducing sugars(5.47%) and TSS(11.050Brix) were also found to be improved with the application of 50 ppm 2,4-D.
- AOAC Washington (1990) Official methods of analysis. 14th Association of official Agricultural chemists. Washington, D.C., USA.
- Agnihotri A, Tiwari R and Singh OP (2013). Effect of crop regulators on growth, yield and quality of guava. Annuals of Plant and Soil Research 15-54:57.
- Anon (2015,a). Package and practices of fruits PAU, Ludhiana.
- Anon (2015,b). Area and production under fruits in India NHB Bulletin.
- AOAC Washington (1990). Official methods of analysis. 14th Association of official ????????????????????????Agricultural chemists. Washington, D.C., USA.
- Awasthi P and Lal S (2009) Effect of calcium, boron, and zinc and foliar sprays on yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava). Pantnagar J Res 7: 223-225.
- Bariana D and Dhaliwal GS (2002) Effect of chemicals on fruit quality and yield of winter season crop of guava cv. Sardar. J Res Punjab agric Univ 39: 508-12.
- Bisen S, Thakur, RS and Tembhare D (2014). Effect of calcium nitrate and gibberllic acid application on growth, fruit quality and post harvest behaviour of guava fruit. 6: 55-62.
- Brar JS, Dhaliwal HS, Bal JS, Dhillon WS and Singh SP (2012) Effect of spacing on canopy microclimate, vegetative growth and yield attributes in guava (Psidium guajava). J of Horti Sci. 7: 41-75.
- Deepthi PV, Shekhar C and Srihari D (2015). Effect of maturity stage and NAA, GA3 and BA on the organoleptic quality of guava fruits cv. Lucknow-49 during cold storage. International Journal of Current Research 7: 19395-19405.
- Dhillon WS (2013). Fruit production in India. Narendra Publication House, New Delhi- 11006 (India).
- Dubey AK, Singh DB and Dubey N (2002). Crop regulation in guava (Psidium guajava ) cv. Allahabad Safeda. Prog. Hort., 34:200-203.
- Dutta P and Banik AK (2007) Effect of foliar feeding of nutrients and plant growth regulators on physico-chemical quality of sardar gava growth in red and lateritic tract of West Bengal. Acta Hortic. 735-57.
- Garasiya VR, Patel NM, Bhaduria HS and Wankhade VR (2013). Effect of plant growth regulators on quality of winter season guava (Psidium guajava ) cv. L-49 (Sardar). Asian Journal of Horticulture 8 :347-349.
- Iqbal M, Khan MQ, Jalal-ud-Din, Khalid Rehman and Munir M (2009) Effect of foliar application of NAA on fruit drop, yield and physical-chemical characteristics of guava (Psidium guajava) Red Flesh cultivar. J Agric Res. 47: 259-269.
- Jain MC and Dashora LK (2010) Effect of different plant bio-regulators in relation to fruit quality and yield of guava cv. Sardar. Prog Hortic. 42: 50-53.
- Katiyar PN, Singh JP, Singh PC and Gangawar APS. (2008). Effect of pre-harvest application of plant growth regulators on post harvest quality of originally grown guava (Psidium guajava) fruits. Asian Journal of Horticulture 3: 330-332.
- Kher R, Bhat S and Wali VK (2005) Effect of foliar application of GA3, NAA and CCC on physico-chemical characteristics of guava cv. Sardar. Haryana J Hort Sci. 34: 31-32.
- Kumar S, Singh AK and Yadav AL (2010) Effect of foliar application of GA3, NAA, KNO3 and Borax on fruit quality of rainy season guava cv. Lucknow-49. J Plant Archi. 10: 317-319.
- Lal N, Das RP and Verma LM (2013) Effect of plant growth regulators on flowering and fruit growth of guava (Psidium guajava L.) cv. Allahabad Safeda. The Asi J of Hort. 8: 54-56.
- Ojewole JA, Awe EO and Chiwororo W (2008). Anti diarrhoeal activity of Psidium guajava leaf aqueous extracts in rodents. Journal of Smooth Muscle Research 44: 195-207.
- Pandey DK, Goswamy CL and Kumar R (2001) Effect of plant growth regulators on photosynthesis under water logging. Indian J Plant Physio. 6: 90-94.
- Rajput RP, Senjaliya HJ, Vala GS and Mangroliya GS (2016) Effect of various plant growth regulators on yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava) cv. Lucknow-49. Inter J Agric Sci. 11: 179-182.
- Sahay S and Kumar N (2004). Crop regulation and quality control in guava(Psidium guajava). Prog Hort. 36: 152-154
- Singh G, Singh AK, Rajan S and Bhriguvanshi SR (2002) Strategy for crop regulation in guava (Psidium guajava) through foliar urea sprays and its effect on different N-from in leaves. J Appl Hort. 4: 93-98.
- Sharma J, Sharma SK, Panwar RD and Gupta RB (2011) Fruit retention yield and leaf nutrient content of ber as influence by foliar application of nutrients and growth regulators. and Ecology. 28: 627-631.
- Udemezue OO, Ukoha O, Ezejindu DN, Okafor, JI and Obilor AD (2014). The effect of leaf extract of guava on the liver enzymes of adult wistar ots. Int J Sci and Res Publication 6: 2250-3153.
- Yadav S, Bhatia SK, Godara RK and Rana GS (2001) Effect of growth regulators on the yield quality of winter season guava cv. L-49. Har J Hort Sci. 30 :1-2.
[Sandeep Kaur and Amarjeet Kaur. (2017); EFFECT OF GROWTH REGULATORS ON YIELD AND QUALITY OF WINTER GUAVA CV. ALLAHABAD SAFEDA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (9). 98-103] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Assistant ProfessDepartment of Horticulture, Khalsa College, (GNDU)Amritsar-143001
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/5306 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/5306
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.