IMPORTANT ROLES OF STRATEGIC LEADER IN THE ORGANIZATIONS.
- Kastamonu University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Our paper sheds light on leaders\' strategic contribution in organizations through skills or competencies needed for accomplishing tasks and carrying out the development processes. This era is highly competitive, complicated, challenging, and has unique opportunities as well as threats. Strategic leadership strategies improve the firms\' performance in unstable and unpredictable businesses. Our objective is describing roles of effective strategic leadership because it helps implementation of strategies, which can turn around an organization through attainment of competitive advantage, and converting it into competitiveness and income.
- Barron, B. G., Henderson, M. V., & Newman, P. (1995). Strategic leadership: A theoretical and operational definition.?Journal of Instructional Psychology,?22(2), 178.
- Beatty, K., & Quinn, L. (2010). Strategic command taking the long view for organizational success.?Leadership in Action,?30(1), 3-7.
- Davies, B. J., & Davies*, B. (2004). Strategic leadership.?School leadership & management,?24(1), 29-38.
- Dunphy, D. C. (1968). Phases, roles, and myths in self-analytic groups.?The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science,?4(2), 195-225.
- Finkelstein, S., Hambrick, D. C., & Cannella, A. A. (2009).?Strategic leadership: Theory and research on executives, top management teams, and boards. Oxford University Press, USA.
- Hughes, R. L., & Beatty, K. M. (2011).?Becoming a strategic leader: Your role in your organization's enduring success(Vol. 27). John Wiley & Sons.
- Ibrahim, Mohamed. (2011). Management and leadership, 1th Ed.Egypt: Nile velley and human development publication Inc.Retrived November 29,2014.
- Kouzes, J. M., & Posner, B. Z. (2009). To lead, create a shared vision.?Harvard Business Review,?87(1), 20-21.
- Pasmore, W., & Lafferty, K. (2009). Developing a leadership strategy.?Center for Creative Leadership white paper series.
- Phipps, K. A., & Burbach, M. E. (2010). Strategic leadership in the nonprofit sector: Opportunities for research.?Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management,?11(2), 137.
- Quong, T., & Walker, A. (2010). Seven principles of strategic leadership.?International Studies in Educational Administration (Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration & Management (CCEAM)),?38(1), 22-34.
- D.STACEY . (2011), Strategic management &organization Dynamics " the challenge of complexity , 6th Ed. UK: Pcarson Education limited , Inc.
- Rowe, W. G. (2001). Creating wealth in organizations: The role of strategic leadership.?The Academy of Management Executive,?15(1), 81-94.
[Ibrahim. A.H.Mohamed. (2017); IMPORTANT ROLES OF STRATEGIC LEADER IN THE ORGANIZATIONS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (Aug). 1619-1627] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/5222
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/5222
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.