- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Background:CYP7B1 expression has been decreased in ER-positive tumors compared with normal breast tissues. Tumors get 27-HC from the blood and also convert cholesterol into 27-HC within the own cells. In addition, there are greater 27HC levels in tumor samples compared with controls. Furthermore, survival of cancer patients is markedly poor for patients with low versus high tumor CYP7B1 expression. Objective:Attempt to use a simple and new method for determination the activity of CYP7B1 in tissues of women with benign and malignant breast tumors using ELISA technique with some modification. Methods:This case control study was conducted on sixty patients with breast diseases were divided into three group, group I contained twenty patients with benign breast diseases, group II consisted of twenty premenopausal patients with breast cancer. Group III comprised twenty postmenopausal patients with breast cancer with the mean age and standard deviation (25.25? 7.87, 38.65? 6.28, 58.5? 7.02 years). Oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) were measured in tissues by instrument ELISA technique with some modification. Result:The activity of CYP7B1 in tissue homogenates of women with breast tumors are increased when the time increased to limited time (1,5,10,15 min) then decreased when the time increasing to 30 minute. This activity was increased in benign compared with pre and postmenopausal woman with breast cancer Conclusions:A simple and new method for determination of the activity of 25-hydroxycholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in tissue homogenates of women with breast tumors was developed using ELISA technique.
- Toll, A.; Wikvall, K.; Sudjana-Sugiaman, E.; Kondo, K.H.; Bj?rkhem, I. \"7α hydroxylation of 25-hydroxycholesterol in liver microsomes. Evidence that the enzyme involved is different from cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase\". J. Biochem.1994, Vol. 224: pp. 309?316.?doi:10.1111/j.1432 1033.1994.00309.x.?PMID?7925343.
- Li-Hawkins, J., Lund, E.G., Turley, S.D. & Russell, D.W. Disruption of the Oxysterol 7α-Hydroxylase Gene in Mice. Journal of Biologcal Chemistry,2000, Vol. 275, pp.16536-16542.
- Ren S., et al. \"Regulation of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in therat\".2003 Vol. 52: pp. 636642.?doi:10.1053/meta.2003.50106.?PMID?12759897.
- Russell, D.W. The enzymes, regulation, and genetics of bile acid synthesis\". Rev. Biochem.2003,? vol. 72: pp. 137?174.?doi:10.1146/annurev.biochem.72.121801.161712.?PMID?12543708
- Siles, A. R., Mcdonald J. G., Bauman D. R., and. Russell D. W. \"CYP7B1: One Cytochrome P450, Two Human Genetic Diseases, and Multiple Physiological Functions. Jour Bio. 2009: Vol. No. 42: pp. 28485-8489.
- Chiang JY . Regulation of bile acid synthesis, Front Biosci(1998).Vol. 3, ppp. d176?d193.
- Steckelbroeck S, Watzka M, Lutjohann D, Makiola P,Nassen A, Hans VH, Clusmann H, Reissinger A, Ludwig M, Siekmann L et al. Characterization of the dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) metabolism via oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase and 17-ketosteroid reductase activity in the human brain. J Neurochem 2008;83,713?726.
- Bauman DR., et al. 25-Hydroxycholesterol secreted by macrophages in response to Toll-like receptor activation suppresses immunoglobulin A production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.2009 Sep 29; Vol. 106(39): pp. 16764-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0909142106. Epub 2009 Sep 15.
- Weihua, Z., Lathe, R., Warner, M. and Gustafsson, J. A. An endocrine pathway in the prostate, ERbeta, AR, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol, and CYP7B1, regulates prostate growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.? 2002, Vol. 99,? 13589-94
- Omoto, Y., Lathe, R., Warner, M. and Gustafsson, J. A. Early onset of puberty and early ovarian failure in CYP7B1 knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006 May 23; Vol. 103(21): pp. 8298.
- Lundqvist J & Norlin M . Effects of CYP7B1- related steroids on androgen receptor activation in different cell lines. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012, Vol. 1821. Pp.973?979.
- Q, Ishikawa T, Sirianni R, et al. 27-Hydroxycholesterol promotes cell-autonomous, ER-positive breast cancer growth.?Cell Rep. 2013; Vol. 5(3): pp. 637-645.
- Margrit Schwarz, et al. Disruption of Cholesterol 7α-Hydroxylase Gene in Mice, Jour Bio Chem. 1996: 271, pp. ?18024-18031..
- Ali ul Qader S, Iqbal S, Niazi Z. Partial Purification and Characterization of Intracellular Alkaline Phosphatase from Newly Isolated Strain of Bacillus subtilis KIBGE-HAS. The Internet Journal of Microbiology. 2008; Vol. 7 No.1
- Kushevych I.V. , Kintic Properties of Pyruvate Ferredoxin Oxidoreductase of Intestinal Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria Desulfovibrio piger Vib-7 and Desulfomicrobium sp. Rod-9, Institute of Animal Biology of NAAS of Ukraine. 2015, Vol. 64, No 2, 107?114
- Qing Chang??and Heqing Tang. Immobilization of Horseradish Peroxidase on NH2-Modified Magnetic Fe3O4/SiO2?Particles and Its Application in Removal of 2,4-Dichlorophenol. Molecules 2014, Vol. 19, pp. 15768-15782; doi:10.3390/molecules191015768.
- Engvall E and Perlmann P. Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) quantitative assay of immunoglobulin G. Immunochemistry, 1971,Vol. 871-875.
- Kohler C and Milstein C. Continuous cultures of fused cells secreting antibody of predefined specificity. Nature,1975: Vol. 256, pp. 495-497.
[Zahraa Kadhim Mohammed, Hassan H. AL-Saeed and Anees K. Nile. (2017); A NEW METHOD FOR DETERMINATION THE ACTIVITY OF 25-HYDROXYCHOLESTEROL 7-ALPHA-HYDROXYLASE (CYP7B1) IN TISSUES OF WOMEN WITH BREAST TUMORS USING ELISA TECHNIQUE WITH SOME MODIFICATION. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (9). 76-79] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/5302 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/5302
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.