MANAGEMENT OF COMPLEX LOWER LIMB DEFORMITIES USING THE TAYLOR SPATIAL FRAME.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Department in Zagazig University and Banha University.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Objective: The aim of this study is to evaluate the results of using the TSF in treatment of complex lower limb deformities around the knee joint. Subjects and Methods: This study is prospective study was conducted involving 21patients who underwent correction of the mechanical axis using TSF and bone osteotomy in a complex knee deformity. Results: Using Schoenecker?s criteria there were 95.23% good result in term of good results in terms of pain and radiological criteria in our patients, 0 % fair results and there were 4.76% poor results. Conclusion: TSF is an excellent tool for the correction of multiple plane deformity around the knee joint in children and adolescents and significantly expands our ability to correct precisely the most difficult deformities.
- Fadel M, Hosny G. The Taylor spatial frame for deformity correction in the lower limbs. Int Orthop 2005; 29(2): 125-129.
- Kucukkaya M, Karakoyun O, Armagan R. Correction of complex lower extremity deformities with the use of the Ilizarov-Taylor spatial frame. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2009;43(1):1-6.
- Eidelman M, Bialik V, Katzman A. Correction of deformities inchildren using the Taylor Spatial Frame. J Pediatr Orthop B.2006; pp 15:387?395.
- Haridimos Tsibidakis, Anastasios D. Kanellopoulos: The role of Taylor Spatial Frame for the treatment of acquired and congenital tibial deformities in children Acta Orthop. Belg., 2014, 80, 419-425.
- Mohammed Anter Meselhy Management of adolescent tibia vara using Taylor spatial frame Acta Orthop. Belg., 2016, 82, 745-753.
- Keshet D, Eidelman M, Clinical utility of the Taylor spatial frame for limb deformities, 2017 Volume 2017:9 Pages 51-61.
[Gamal Ahmed Hosny,Khaled Mohamed Hassan Mahmoud Mohamed Ibrahem Matter, Ahmed Mohamed Ahmed Nahla and Osam Mohamed Metwally Hassan. (2018); MANAGEMENT OF COMPLEX LOWER LIMB DEFORMITIES USING THE TAYLOR SPATIAL FRAME. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (4). 1203-1210] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Orthopaedic Surgery Department in Zagazig University and Banha University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/6969 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/6969
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.