ISOLATION OF MDR MICROORGANISMS FROM NATURAL SOURCES, STUDYING THEIR PLASMID PROFILE AND EVALUATION OF POTENCY FOR NATURAL TRANSFER OF MDR PROPERTY TO E. COLI DH5α.
- BioEra Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai-Bangalore Highway, Tathawade, Pune ? 411 033, Maharashtra, India.
- Department of Microbiology, AbedaInamdar Senior College, Azam Campus, Pune ? 411001, Maharashtra, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The water samples from various sites on the banks of Pavanariver, Pune were screened for presence of pathogenic Salmonella, Shigella, Pseudomonas, E. coli, Streptococcus and Staphylococcus. Some of the isolated pathogens showed resistance to ampicillin, streptomycin and erythromycin. To understand antibiotic resistance is Plasmid DNA borne, isolation of plasmid was carried out by alkaline lysis method, plasmid profile was analyzed by agarose gel electrophoresis and plasmids were cured from the isolates by growing them in nutrient broth containing 100?g/ml ethidium bromide. Property of antibiotic resistance from MDR isolates was transferred to E. coli DH5α by growingE. coli DH5α with cell free extract of MDR isolates.
- Kamble, R. and Patil D. (2012): Artificial floating island: solution to river water pollution in India. Case study: Rivers in Pune city. International proceedings of chemical, biological and environmental engineering. 41: 136-140.
- Kendre, L.S., Gawande, S.M., Pawar, A. (2017): Study of Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Pavana River: Review. International Journal of Engineering Research. 6(4): 216-219.
- Daware, V., Patil, R., Gade, W. (2015): Isolation, identification and characterization of heavy metal tolerant bacteria from Mulariver, Pune, Maharashtra, India. Trends Biotechnol Res. 4(1): 1- 10.
- Wagale, A., Pawar, N., Berde, J.A., Sapre, V.R. (2013): A study to isolate the Alkaliphilesin the MulaMutha River of Pune. Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 1(1): 9-11.
- Nawani, N. N. and Kapadnis, B.P. (2003): Chitin degrading potential of bacteria from extreme and moderate environment. Indian journal of experimental biology. 41: 448-454.
- Kazmi, A.A., Bhatia, A., Shaida, A., Sharma, M., Stark, M., Trivedi, R. C. (2013): A short screening study on water quality of Indian rivers and lakes. J. Indian Water Resour. Soc. 33(3): 28-33.
- More, A. B., Chavan, C. S., Gurung, A., Sarwade, P., Chaudhari, S., Vyas, R. (2014): Water Quality Status of Mula-Mutha River. 3(4): 75-77.
- Kruse, H. and Henning, S. (1994): Transfer of Multiple Drug Resistance Plasmids between Bacteria of Diverse Origins in Natural Microenvironments. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 60(11): 4015-4021.
- Cooke, M.D. (1976): Antibiotic Resistance Among Coliform and Fecal Coliform Bacteria Isolated from Sewage, Seawater, and Marine Shellfish. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 9(6): 879-884.
- Salyers, A.A., Gupta, A., Wang, Y. (2004): Human intestinal bacteria as reservoirs for antibiotic resistance genes. Trends Microbiol.12(9): 412?6.
- Paterson, D.L. and Bonomo R.A. (2005): Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases: a clinical update. Microbiol. Rev.?18(4): 657?86.
- Elizabeth, N., Clement, I., Uwem, O. (2016): Plasmid Profile Analysis and Curing of Multidrug resistant Bacteria Isolated from Two Hospital Environments in Calabar Metropolis, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Medicine and Health. 1(1): 1-11.
- Santos, L., Zhang, S., Tsolis, R.N., Kingsley, R.L., Adams, L.G., Baumler, A.D. (2001): Animal models of Salmonella infections: enteritis versus typhoid fever. Microbes and Infection. 3: 1335-1344.
- Suzuki, T. and Chihiro, S. (2001): Molecular basis of the intracellular spreading of Infection and Immunity.?69(10): 5959-66.
- Mena, K.D. and Gerba, C.P. (2009): Risk assessment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in water. Rev Environ ContamToxicol. 201: 71-115.
- Schuchat, A. (1998): Epidemiology of Group B Streptococcal Disease in the United States: Shifting Paradigms. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 11(3): 497?513.
- Corey, G.R. (2009): Staphylococcus aureus Bloodstream Infections: Definitions and Treatment. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 48: 254?9.
[Asha Salunke, Hemal Makani and Murtadha Basheer Qori. (2019); ISOLATION OF MDR MICROORGANISMS FROM NATURAL SOURCES, STUDYING THEIR PLASMID PROFILE AND EVALUATION OF POTENCY FOR NATURAL TRANSFER OF MDR PROPERTY TO E. COLI DH5α. Int. J. of Adv. Res. (1). 190-200] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8312 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8312
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.