A COMPLEMENTATION OF THE LABADA TEACHING MODEL FOR A GENDER SENSITIZED SOCIETY.
- State Scholars, College of Teacher Education, Cebu Normal University, Cebu City, Philippines, 6000.
- Institute for Research in Innovative Instructional Delivery (IRIID), Cebu Normal University, Cebu City, Philippines, 6000.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
This study unveiledtheimages and worldviews of the Sugbuanon countrywomen and their expectations for a gender sensitive society by describing their images; their global perspectives; their expectations for a gender sensitive society; their success stories; and developing a gender sensitized teaching model that can be used in the instructional process. A descriptive qualitative method was used with Focus Group Discussions (FGD?s). The data were recorded and transcribed, and were analyzed using narrative and thematic analyses. Bracketing was used to separate personal biases on key informants? narratives. Ethics protocol was observed to protect the confidentiality and anonymity of the key informants. The countrywomen?s images, worldviews, expectations and success stories confirmed the convention of the society?s social approval and norms. Twelve themes from key informants? narratives hinged Sandra Bem?s Gender-typing Theory. The LABADA teaching model was crafted as a reminder of the cultural role of women in the society. Women in the 21st century started to transcend to a more gender sensitized society, with respect to the equality of rights and equitability of resources.
- Allen, R. (1992). Second Edition: Channels of Discourse, Reassembled Television and Contemporary Criticism. USA: The University of North Carolina Press.
- Arcinue, P. A., & Grata, A. (2016, August 11). Retrieved March 3, 2018, from http://scholar.google.com.ph
- Balleza and Reyes, F. M. (2006). Women Media Practitioners in Cebu: The pioneers and Pacesetters. 11.
- Bem, S. L. (1981). Gender Schema Theory: A Cognitive Account of Sex Typing. Retrieved from ahcafr.com: https://scholar.google.com.ph
- Bhutta, R. N., & Haider, J. (2013). Effects of Economic Dependecy on Decision Making Power of Women in Rural Areas of Tehsil Dera Ghazi Khan. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Science.
- Bussey, K., & Bandura, A. (1999). Social Cognitive Theory of Gender Development - Semantic Scholar. Retrieved from researchgate.net: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org
- Disch, E. (1997). Reconstructing Gender A Multicultural Anthology Second Edition.
- Duin and Reyes, F. N. (2006). Women Media Practitioners in Cebu: The Pioneers and Pacesetters. 10.
- Ellis, A. (2018). Irrationality of Men and Women. Retrieved from iz Quotes: https://bit.ly/2AXLbKg
- Hamilton, K. (n.d.). Google. Retrieved from Visual Communications: http://k3hamilton.com/vizcom/vizcom4.html
- Hawn, A. (2018, 3 4). www.google.com. Retrieved from asu.edu: https://repository.asu.edu
- Heinrich, J. (2005, May 5). Gender Role Within The Philippines. Retrieved from https://voivelab9.wordpress.com
- Holt, J. (2018, 3 4). www.google.com. Retrieved from dev.csutan.edu: https://pdfs.semanticscholars.org
- Hyde, J. S., & Epstein. (1976). Understanding Human Sexuality. McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Kendra, C. (2018, May 24). Retrieved from Verywellmind: https://www.verywellmind.com/piagets-stages-of-cognitive-development-2795457
- L, D. (2015, February 11). Retrieved from Learning Theories: https://www.learning-theories.com/gestalt-theory-von-ehrenfels.html
- Majam, Z. (2016, September). Today`s Carolinian, p. 22.
- McLeod, S. (2013).Tolman-Latent Learning. Retrieved from Simply Psychology: www.simplypsychology.org/tolman.html
- McLeod, S. (2015). Skinner-Operant Conditioning. Retrieved from Simply Psychology: www.simplypsychology.org/operant-contioning.html
- New World Encyclopedia (2018, February 28). Retrieved from New World Encyclopedia: http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Imprinting_(psychology)
- Perry, M. (1989). A History of the World Revised Edition . Pines cor. Union Sts. Mandaluyong City: Cachos Hermanos, Inc.
- Pineda-Ofreneo, R. S. (2005). Women and Work. Phillipines: University of the Philippines Open University.
- Quisumbing, L. R. (2006). The River Flows On. Saranggola Publication Inc.
- Reeves, R. V., & Venator, J. (2018, 3 4). www.google.com. Retrieved from brookings.edu: https://goo.gl/t1gJhk
- Ridgeway, C. L., & Smith-Lovin, L. (1999). The Gender System and Interaction. Annual Reviews. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/223503
- Rojas-Aleta, I., Silva, T. L., & Eleazar, C. P. (1977). A Profile of Filipino Women: Their Status and Role. Capitol Publishing House, Inc.
- Stiver, I. P. (2018, 3 4). www.google.com. Retrieved from hhtps://wconline.org
- The Myth of Female (Part 1). (2016, February 1). Retrieved from Illimitable Man: https://illimitablemen.com
- The New American Bible (2006). 1 Peter 3:1, Saint Joseph Personal Size Edition.
- The New American Bible (2006). 1 Peter 3:7, Saint Joseph Personal Size Edition.
- The New American Bible (2006). Proverbs 31:10-11, Saint Joseph Personal Size Edition.
- Villaganas, A. A., Giango, W. C., & Basubas, E. O. (2016). A Life Dedicated to Support a Family Meal: The Women Trisikad Drivers` Story. European Scientific Journal, 121.
- Zigaitis, K. M. (2018, 3 4). www.google.com. Retrieved from wustl.edu: https://openscholarship.wustl.edu.
[Cecille Estrelloso, Angelica Cuyno, Jaicha Gimoros, and Reynaldo B. Inocian. (2019); A COMPLEMENTATION OF THE LABADA TEACHING MODEL FOR A GENDER SENSITIZED SOCIETY. Int. J. of Adv. Res. (1). 23-34] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Cebu Normal University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8292 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8292
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.