GOODS SYNDROME:REPORT OF CASE.
- Department of pneumophtisiology, Military HospitalMoulay Ismail, Meknes, Morocco.
- Department of Internal Medicine, Military Hospital Moulay Ismail, Meknes, Morocco.
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, Military Hospital Moulay Ismail, Meknes, Morocco.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Good?s syndrome is defined by the association of thymoma, hypogammaglobulinemia and recurrent infections especially bronchopulmonary and sinus. We report the case of a 53 years old man , with a history of recurrent respiratory infections, hospitalized in June 2017 for bronchial syndrome dragging with radiographic front chest presence of bilateral alveolar syndrome and lat?rotrach?ale opacity right, supplemented by a thoracic scan, which objectified the chance discovery of a regular meditational tissue mass without locoregional malignancy, with no clinical and electrophysiological signs of myasthenia gravis. The patient was operated for his m?diatisnal mass which histological study was in favor of a thymoma type A, the outcome was favorable. In our patient the association between thymoma and hypogammaglobulinemia and bronchopulmonary infection severe and recurrent led to the diagnosis of Good\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s syndrome. The patient was put under appropriate antibiotic therapy combined with weekly infusions of intravenous immunoglobulin, with a positive trend, achieving significant clinical improvement, biological and radiological. Good?s syndrome represents only 5% of parathymiques diseases, but its research is essential because it allows effective treatment of infections, avoiding lung destruction and the use of lung surgery.
- Good RA. Absence of plasma cells from bone marrow and lymph nodes Following antigenic stimulation in patients with a gamma globulinemia. Rev Hematol 9: 502-503, 1954.
- Tarr EP Sneller MC Mechanic LJ, et al. Infections in patients with immunodeficiency with thymoma (Good syndrome). Report of 5 cases and review of literature. Medicine (Baltimore) 80: 123-133, 2001.
- Yamazaki Y, Watanabe N, Hasegawa A, Yamaguchi S, Miyamoto K, Y Sakiyama, et al. Good\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s syndrome with a block in the early stage of B cell differentiation and complicated by? Campylobacrerfetus??? ???? Intern Med 1994; 33: 496-500.
- Kaneto F, Tsuchiya K, Miura Y, K Kishiyama, Kusakabe Y, Matsumoto S, et al. Clinical observation was box of immuno-deficiency and thymoma (Good\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s syndrome) associated with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis. J Dermatol 1982: 9: 355-65.
- MorgenthalerIT LR Brown, Colby TV, Harper CM Coles DT.Thymoma. Mayo ClinProc 1993; 68: 1110-1123.
- Souadjian N, Emiquez P Silvers & n MN Pepin JM. The spec trum of disease associated with thymoma. Arch Intern M & D 1974; 134: 374-8.
- George F Diot P, V Fontaine Dumont P, Bremont JL, Degenne M, et al. Thymoma and dilation of branches. Rev PneumolClin 1997; 53: 154-6
- Weiller PJ, Durand JM, Prince Zucchelli MA, Cros D Pouget, J, Pellissier JF, et al. The combination polymyositis, myasthenia gravis thy-mome. A case report and review of the litt&ature. Ann MCd internal 1984; 135: 299-304.
- Rashal S, JN Siegel, J HUM1, Richmond GW. Hypogamma-globulinemia and anemia 18 Years After thymoma resection. J Allergy ClinImmunol 1997; 100: 846-8.
[R.Belghol, S.El Khader, H.Naji-Amrani, Y.Bougrini, A.Traibi, A.Zinebi, F.Atoini and A.Ouarssani. (2019); GOODS SYNDROME:REPORT OF CASE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (2). 15-18] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
R.Belghol A , S.El Khader B, H.Naji –Amrani A, Y.Bougrini A, A.Traibi C , A.Zinebi B, F.Atoini C, A.Ouarssani A
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8457 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8457
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.